Incoming... | The Boneyard

Incoming...

Reaction Score
Ideas? And how many slots might still be available this class?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'd love for it to be Rayam. Kid looks like he'd be a stud LB for us

Reaction Score
Kind of getting worried. Literally like more than half of our class didn't have a single other FBS offer...
It only takes one brother. There are literally too many stories of under recruited players that turn out to be good for you to keep worrying about this. Again, if you’re athletic, smart, have the body type for the position you’re playing then a good program consisting of solid coaches and strength guys can grow you into a solid player. You can have multiple offers and you still have to be coached and conditioned to play college ball.

Reaction Score
I trust Edsall a million times more than the previous idiot but man, the number of kids we’re taking that only have an offer from us is concerning.
We’re probably not gonna many commits with other FBS offers. They’re not going for those guys because it will be a waste of time and resources. They are clearly working the under recruited market. There are lots of guys there.
Signing a guy with another FBS offer does what? It’s a false sense of security. You still have to come in, do well in school and get coached up. They don’t want finished products here. Clearly they want guys that they can mold.
Just be patient and trust the process. All of these players look athletic and have upside.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I trust Edsall a million times more than the previous idiot but man, the number of kids we’re taking that only have an offer from us is concerning.

That's exactly where I am. I know Edsall can develop them up, especially on the D side, but man...and for every one guy who is a success who had only 1 offer, there's a dozen kids you never even think about who did NOT develop into solid players. Everyone always forgets that when they rush to talk about the one guy who works out.

Reaction Score
We’re probably not gonna many commits with other FBS offers. They’re not going for those guys because it will be a waste of time and resources. They are clearly working the under recruited market. There are lots of guys there.
Signing a guy with another FBS offer does what? It’s a false sense of security. You still have to come in, do well in school and get coached up. They don’t want finished products here. Clearly they want guys that they can mold.
Just be patient and trust the process. All of these players look athletic and have upside.

If we’re not gonna get many players with FBS offers we might as well fold up shop. We’ve been through this a million times. For every Scott Lutrus there’s a thousand Matt Edwards. And when your roster is filled with too many of these kids you get the product we’ve seen the last several years.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If we’re not gonna get many players with FBS offers we might as well fold up shop. We’ve been through this a million times. For every Scott Lutrus there’s a thousand Matt Edwards. And when your roster is filled with too many of these kids you get the product we’ve seen the last several years.

When you offer someone nobody else has, you're essentially saying that in an era with more tape, more awareness and more contact than ever before, you're right and 130 other programs are wrong.

Hubris.

Reaction Score
Just like his first stint? Seems to me that’s what RE did the first time.

So in other words what you’re saying is he’s not a good judge of talent? That’s what this all boils down to. It doesn’t matter who else offers a kid. There are lots of kids who have multiple offers that don’t pan out either. The NFL is full of guys that got drafted in the way late rounds that turned out ok.
This whole offer crap is annoying. I get it. Four and Five Star guys are shiny and nice. But those aren’t the only good players out there. Period.
Most coaches aren’t blue collar enough to trust their eye and bring in a kid and develop them.
Most programs don’t even allow the signing of a no star kid because they are driven by their 247 and ESPN recruiting rankings and that type of kid will lower that number. Boosters don’t wanna hear that.

Reaction Score
Just like his first stint? Seems to me that’s what RE did the first time.

So in other words what you’re saying is he’s not a good judge of talent? That’s what this all boils down to. It doesn’t matter who else offers a kid. There are lots of kids who have multiple offers that don’t pan out either. The NFL is full of guys that got drafted in the way late rounds that turned out ok.
This whole offer crap is annoying. I get it. Four and Five Star guys are shiny and nice. But those aren’t the only good players out there. Period.
Most coaches aren’t blue collar enough to trust their eye and bring in a kid and develop them.
Most programs don’t even allow the signing of a no star kid because they are driven by their 247 and ESPN recruiting rankings and that type of kid will lower that number. Boosters don’t wanna hear that.

Ok.

Reaction Score
When you offer someone nobody else has, you're essentially saying that in an era with more tape, more awareness and more contact than ever before, you're right and 130 other programs are wrong.

Hubris.
Disagree.
Or another way to look at it is why am I offering a kid just because someone else did? First off, that’s lazy. Second, how the heck do I know why the other school offered him? I don’t know what their criteria are for evaluating players.
You, as a coach, have to trust your own vision. Period. Screw what other coaches think.

Reaction Score
Here we go again... we need an orientation program.
Lol
I won’t kill the point and open up Pandora’s box.
I’m just saying I trust that an experienced coach knows what he’s looking for. If the kid or kids don’t pan out then so be it.

I can’t wait til next season to see what this team looks and plays like.
I imagine they will all be hungry and play with a chip on their shoulders. They will most likely look more athletic, bigger and stronger. Most likely have more speed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom