Incoming Huskies | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Incoming Huskies

Reaction Score
As far as build I would say Amari slips neatly between Aaliyah and Olivia - stronger build than ONO and not quite as solid as Edwards.
I think with the three Uconn's high/low will be a thing of beauty. I am hoping Edwards becomes more confident in that 15-18 ft jumper. And I am hoping for big things from Piath - her learning curve is longer than the others, but athletically I think she could become a force.
I agree, the high-low could be pretty good but just wait until ‘22. Brady is the poster girl for the high-low, text book footwork and deadly from 15-17 feet.

Reaction Score
Since this national championship tournament started, I've seen more badly botched layups by more players than I can ever remember.........seems if there''s a tall defender within seven feet of the basket the shooters simply give in to the intimidation factor and rush the layup missing wildly.........I hate to appear sexist this seems to be more prevalent in the women's game than the men's game.....
Agree and in addition, see a lot of hip checks and other push offs down low that are not called. Coaches seem to know how to teach getting the big under that basket off balance without getting called.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As far as build I would say Amari slips neatly between Aaliyah and Olivia - stronger build than ONO and not quite as solid as Edwards.
I think with the three Uconn's high/low will be a thing of beauty. I am hoping Edwards becomes more confident in that 15-18 ft jumper. And I am hoping for big things from Piath - her learning curve is longer than the others, but athletically I think she could become a force.

You've seen anything that indicates Gabriel isn't a project?

Reaction Score
she's absolutely a project .............I would say it appeared in the limited minutes she played that she did improve or at least look more comfortable on the court as the season went on.....,

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She is a project, but she is also the kind of player that this last covid year really hurt. Usually the time between June and Nov. can be extremely productive for freshmen and for rising sophomores - this past year wasn't. This off season can be as hopefully they all get vaccinated in the next 6 weeks and can congregate both together and in individual workouts with the coaches. If she can do a two week camp for bigs in August that would be great as well.

She has the athleticism that a lot of 'project' posts just don't have and never will, so if she can develop the skills to use that athleticism at the high D1 level she can blossom quickly. I get the sense she has the will so it is getting the schooling that she needs.

Dolson went to 'boot camp' after freshman year and came back a completely different player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom