Incase you don't know | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Incase you don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In retrospect Buffalo is better than half the AAC probably including Rutgers.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Flood was the backup choice when Cristobal wouldn't take the job. Wonder if RU will go after Cristobal again?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
RU is changing its ways....we no longer want to accept mediocracy (at least the fans who also donate to the school).

Accept it?

You've reveled in it.

Reaction Score
If I was a Rutgers fan, I'd be more inclined to worry about spending eternity doomed to the B1G basement in all sports then worrying about Coach Flood's employment status. When he was hired, most Rutgers poster thought that he was the second coming of Amos Alonso Stagg or Bear Bryant.

hey, they always have Rutgers basketball. Oh wait.......

Reaction Score
UCONN weeks is one of my favorite weeks of the year. Especially when we play @ Storrs. Can't wait to the tailgating to start!

Reaction Score
RU should and could aspire to be like Michigan St or Iowa. Mid-level program occasionally in contention for a division title with the right coach. NW, Ill, Minn and Indiana are all at this level. With a NJ recruiting base it's silly to say they can't achieve that.

When you have the ability to schedule 4 wins, making a bowl game isn't an unreasonable demand. In fact, it's difficult to miss.

If they don't think Flood is the guy, they should fire him.

Agreed, but our BOG are a bunch of fools when it comes to athletics and we have a President right now that wants nothing to do with the AD and just wants to cut, cut, cut athletics. The day he steps down will be a great day for Rutgers athletics.

Reaction Score
UCONN weeks is one of my favorite weeks of the year. Especially when we play @ Storrs. Can't wait to the tailgating to start!

You can't wait for tailgating, actually been the best part of the season but really>>>>>>>>>>>>>..........................
Can't wait to see your defense that is giving up 435 yds per game.(328 per game through the year) almost as good as our defense giving up 350 / game (250 through the air)... ..

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if they fire Flood. He got 9 wins last year and will probably get them back into a bowl this year. Doesn't Ruttie just need 1 more win? they have to be favored in both of their remaining games, so even if they lose 1 and go 6-6, how can Rutgers, with their history, fire a guy who went bowling in back to back years? I mean, seriously? We're talking about Rutgers, who went back to back decades before putting together back to back winning seasons. Rutgers isn't firing Flood this year.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if they fire Flood. He got 9 wins last year and will probably get them back into a bowl this year. Doesn't Ruttie just need 1 more win? they have to be favored in both of their remaining games, so even if they lose 1 and go 6-6, how can Rutgers, with their history, fire a guy who went bowling in back to back years? I mean, seriously? We're talking about Rutgers, who went back to back decades before putting together back to back winning seasons. Rutgers isn't firing Flood this year.

You are comparing Rutgers to Rutgers during a time where they weren't committed to big time football. The guy was gift wrapped the BCS last season and fumbled it. Going 6-6 in the AAC is a disgrace, being 1-10 should warrant folding the football program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ruskoolie said:
You are comparing Rutgers to Rutgers during a time where they weren't committed to big time football. The guy was gift wrapped the BCS last season and fumbled it. Going 6-6 in the AAC is a disgrace, being 1-10 should warrant folding the football program.

By that standard Rutgers should have been folded 4-5 times in the last 20 years.

Reaction Score
Perhaps your football program IS a disgrace?

Reaction Score
You're aware we're talking about Rutgers football, right? The same Rutgers that once went 12 years between winning seasons? And had 5 winning seasons between 1981 and 2005? that Rutgers? they aren't firing a coach for going .500 and bowling. Given the Ruthistory, they might put up a statue, if he goes to 3 straight bowls they just might name the stadium after him.

Reaction Score
You're aware we're talking about Rutgers football, right? The same Rutgers that once went 12 years between winning seasons? And had 5 winning seasons between 1981 and 2005? that Rutgers? they aren't firing a coach for going .500 and bowling. Given the Ruthistory, they might put up a statue, if he goes to 3 straight bowls they just might name the stadium after him.

You're right. We should compare our football team on the cusp of entering the B1G to our football team from 25 years ago that had zero institutional support and played Colgate during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom