In The Paint Episode 2

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Makes you wonder if we’ll see Jackson on the sidelines some day

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
There was a question on Twitter- who is the “X factor” on this team?

My answer is Alleyne. I think he’s going to step into the Polley role and his scoring will be a big barometer for Ws and Ls.

He’s been overshadowed by Newton in particular in the transfer class because everyone is so focused on who will be our PG.

Very interested to see him hoop.

Reaction Score
These videos have me fired up for the season. Think the guys we saw tonight are going to be the ones really deciding how deep this team plays into March. If Hawkins and Jackson really do take that next step this team is going to be so good

Reaction Score
I'm really enjoying these and can't help but think these are Kimani's "head coach" promotional videos. He's great in them and is really showing how dynamic he is as a coach. Give Hurley a tremendous amount of credit for letting him shine so brightly.

Reaction Score

My answer is Alleyne. I think he’s going to step into the Polley role and his scoring will be a big barometer for Ws and Ls.

He’s been overshadowed by Newton in particular in the transfer class because everyone is so focused on who will be our PG.

I agree OFP. There’s something about this kid, whether he starts or is the 6th man that will be very impactful to this team. His experience in the ACC can’t be anything but positive for this team as a leader. His numbers will be potentially less than what he had a VT but the potential big game is always there. Also his defensive ability will be huge down the stretch.

Reaction Score

The transfer market is about adding guys that are just good in general and guys that fit what you want to do specifically. There’s tape on them at the college level that can make their anticipated performance a little more predictable than high school recruits. This guy seems to think he’s a good fit

Reaction Score
Another element to Nahiem's game not frequently mentioned.. Is his pride in his defense.. Two way player.. Add that to his floor game and quiet leadership skills.. Will be a valuable contributor at crunch time and in Tournament games. Natural scorer who does not need the ball in his hands all the time to be efficient.

Reaction Score
Small sample size and against teammates in practice/drills.. But I was encouraged(in the video) by Hawkins with the ball in his hands to get his shot off.. Showing some confidence ..

Bring it to the game and we're good to go

Reaction Score
Alleyne reminds me a bit of a shorter Denham Brown as far as stylistic game.

He's a better shooter than Polley, and very important for the team in that sniper role. But so far in his career he's been uninspiring finishing at the rim and on converting floaters and midrange jumpers (unlike Denham in that regard). I worry a bit when people talk about him having more game than expected, because the other facets of his game in the past have hindered his efficiency and offset some of his production, not enhanced it.

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed hearing the "toughness" comments about Apostolos. With his size and skill, he can make great strides in a top-tier program like UConn.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
re the vid, can the good dr. boneyard explain to me, at 2:40 and 4:40, what exactly that cast getup on ajaxs' hand is? looks like 3 fingers, his hand, and wrist are completely immobilized for what i was told was a busted little finger. his wrist?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
re the vid, can the good dr. boneyard explain to me, at 2:40 and 4:40, what exactly that cast getup on ajaxs' hand is? looks like 3 fingers, his hand, and wrist are completely immobilized for what i was told was a busted little finger. his wrist?
Hard to say but it may be that the pinky is splinted with the middle and index finger?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Alleyne reminds me a bit of a shorter Denham Brown as far as stylistic game.

He's a better shooter than Polley, and very important for the team in that sniper role. But so far in his career he's been uninspiring finishing at the rim and on converting floaters and midrange jumpers (unlike Denham in that regard). I worry a bit when people talk about him having more game than expected, because the other facets of his game in the past have hindered his efficiency and offset some of his production, not enhanced it.
I have the same concerns. Hoping he might perform better in those areas on less volume.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom