In Recognition of Shea Ralph | Page 2 | The Boneyard

In Recognition of Shea Ralph

Reaction Score
Great high school career. She had all the pedigree to be one of the best players ever. Tragic story of how multiple knee injuries derailed her college career and prevented her for even trying to play professionally. What could have been...

Reaction Score
As bad as the 2001 loss to ND was, I would say this past years loss to ND was Geno's worst coached game ever. UCONN had a huge talent advantage and had a decent lead late in the game. UCONN couldn't close. Players didn't seem ready and this was an experienced team.

Reaction Score
I still contend that the 2001 team, despite not winning the championship, was better than the heralded 2002 team; And should have won it all even without their two injured all Americans. It took the perfect storm of a sub par second half and Notre Dame's A game to derail that team. I also contend that Ms Taurasi emerging as she did from that game showed more than anything else she has done in her basketball life.

Most impactful freshmen:
1. Maya Moore
2. Nykesha Sales
3. Shea Ralph
4. Breanna Stewart
5. The Class of 2006

VAUConnfan- - -Geno still says the 2001 team even without a Championship is his best team ever! With 7 All-American's! If Svet and Shea Senior Cap'ts had remained healthy they wouldn't have given up that 15 point lead to ND with their leadership! Plus there would be no need to go with DT as only offense, 1 for 15!
Geno thinks his 1/2 time rage blew the 2nd 1/2!

Reaction Score
As bad as the 2001 loss to ND was, I would say this past years loss to ND was Geno's worst coached game ever. UCONN had a huge talent advantage and had a decent lead late in the game. UCONN couldn't close. Players didn't seem ready and this was an experienced team.

Coach Auriemma cannot play the game; Hard to imagine he would send a team on the floor in a Final Four game unprepared to close. While I would agree that the talent advantage favored UConn, in close games that advantage shifts to the team with the best player. And, no coach in the world can coach against a player having a record breaking(most points by an opponent in a NCAA Tournament game - the media guide needs to be corrected) game scoring 18 points over(more than doubled an already double figure average) her average. For me, it is hard to fault a coach of an undefeated team that loses on a last second shot in overtime in a Final Four game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom