In Praise of Amida Brimah | Page 2 | The Boneyard

In Praise of Amida Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As far as fouls are concerned, Amida is right about where a UCONN big should be. He's not fouling out, but he's using them. This part of his game has improved for sure.

Amida also took a very nice 8' shot against OSU. He was guarded, but wasnt close enough to the rim to get bodied up. He stepped back slightly and took a very fluid looking shot. Made me wonder if he should be given the ball a few more times in the same spot. He struggles trying to back someone down, but looked very good a few steps out.
I agree if he could get that shot off as soon as he catches it (ok if he catches it) it could be a weapon.

Reaction Score
Holy sh1te...can't believe you just said this. And that nobody responded either.
In fairness to MAU. This I think has always been his position. He doesn't think AB does much well but MAU still believes he's our best option at the 5

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
My guess (at this time) is Brimah will return, but DHam will probably leave.
I would say the same. Hamilton isn't in any mock drafts at this point, but lots of scouts have been at our games and he's gotta be the reason as Brimah hasn't shown too much growth.

Brimah has no reason to leave this year. He's probably a second round pick in either year and if he stays there's potential for a higher pick, even if it isn't likely.

Reaction Score
Okay so the next logical question, will Amida Brimah be in a UConn uniform next year? I think everyone should come back minus the seniors and grad students. Brimah and Dham need another year.
how is this the next logical question? Why do we need to debate if brimah is good enough to be a second round pick, the same goes for hamilton. neither of those guys are first rounders.

Reaction Score
Going into the season there were many who believe DHam and Brimah would be gone after this year. Since this thread is in praise of Brimah, i felt it needed to asked if he would come back or test the waters. Can he get better with another year? Plus his age after next year will only hurt his chances.

Reaction Score
Going into the season there were many who believe DHam and Brimah would be gone after this year. Since this thread is in praise of Brimah, i felt it needed to asked if he would come back or test the waters. Can he get better with another year? Plus his age after next year will only hurt his chances.

His age might hurt his draft-ability, but more college ball will only help his development. There were some on here last year who legitimately thought he'd be a lottery pick and rationalized that we didn't need Stone b/c we had Amida. Obviously those were incorrect assertions. Amida has some tremendous strengths and some tremendous weaknesses. He is always going to be a polarizing player here due to the potential we see and unfortunately some of the performances we also witness. His greatest skill (if you want to call it that) is that he loves being a UConn basketball player. And all strengths/weaknesses aside, that is something that we all have to cheer for.

Reaction Score
Being such a good free thow shooting big, and being that everyone knows that all we want to do is a pick and roll with him (they anticipate it now and break up the lob or impede him from catching it), why dont we try running some more pick and pops for him to mix things up. Certainly he's capable of hitting mid range jumpshots at a decent clip and it would make pick and roll (oops) less predictable.

Reaction Score
Okay so the next logical question, will Amida Brimah be in a UConn uniform next year? I think everyone should come back minus the seniors and grad students. Brimah and Dham need another year.

If he's not he's not getting good feedback.

And thank you imno!;)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Being such a good free thow shooting big, and being that everyone knows that all we want to do is a pick and roll with him (they anticipate it now and break up the lob or impede him from catching it), why dont we try running some more pick and pops for him to mix things up. Certainly he's capable of hitting mid range jumpshots at a decent clip and it would make pick and roll (oops) less predictable.

I agree with this. When he's not overly rushed, he's a decent shooter. All they'd need is 2 or 3 attempts per game to keep defenses honest/guessing. Would open things up for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom