In Defense of the Praise of A'ja | Page 3 | The Boneyard

In Defense of the Praise of A'ja

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I wasn't going to respond to the original post, but since you did, I will. Columbia and Richland County are just as progressive and liberal as the State of Connecticut. It is the Upstate of SC that is extremely far right. Hopefully, I didn't cross the no politics threshold. As far as the reason for our great attendance, A'ja's presence definitely helped, but most of the credit for high attendance needs to go to Dawn. That woman interacts with our fans more than every other coach combined. The fans return the love, plain and simple.
Curious as to what are the ticket prices and how many tickets go to students.

Reaction Score
The Lower bowl season tickets are$60-80 on top of having to be a member of the Gamecock Club to get access, which will run you about $440 for the lowest priority on top of the $60-80. So you are talking about $500 to be in lower bowl which is all reserved tix. Mind you, the lower bowl holds 11,000 seats. the upper bowl is general admission which you can get tix for $7 a game. We always have fans in the upper bowl which holds about 8000 seats. If you ever go to a game at SC students make up the least amount of their fans in women's bball. About a 1000 come but the fan base is heavily alumni and general gamecock or women's gamecock fans. This is why their numbers are so consistent game to game. Dawn has done most of this by her work in the community and genuine accessibility to the fanbase. She filled the arena by completely changing the program but also changing the past view of the big time coaches who often did not interact with fans and never really invited to public at large to give girls bball a look.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Being Progressive vs Conservative has nothing to do with it. Being a sports fan and appreciating the game does.

I think you missed the post I responded to; it gives context.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
South Carolina native
B4-100229867.jpg&Maxw=960&q=75

Reaction Score
I think you missed the post I responded to; it gives context.
I did not miss it. I'll just say, to keep it short and sweet, that I rather the original post was not even made because it sounds rather ignorant and stereotypes certain people which I thought was not supposed to be on this board. I know plenty of people with all kinds of backgrounds and perspectives about life (keeping it general but read between the lines) ... some of the ones that give me the hardest time about being a women's college basketball fan would be on a side of thinking that would surprise a lot of people.

On to more fun stuff and tonight's games, although as the our game gets closer the more stressed I am feeling : - )

Reaction Score
I did not miss it. I'll just say, to keep it short and sweet, that I rather the original post was not even made because it sounds rather ignorant and stereotypes certain people which I thought was not supposed to be on this board. I know plenty of people with all kinds of backgrounds and perspectives about life (keeping it general but read between the lines) ... some of the ones that give me the hardest time about being a women's college basketball fan would be on a side of thinking that would surprise a lot of people.

On to more fun stuff and tonight's games, although as the our game gets closer the more stressed I am feeling : - )
Why are we still talking about SC? That is yesterday’s news. We should be focused on NDtonight!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom