OT: - IN case you didn’t know (So Carolina) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: IN case you didn’t know (So Carolina)

Reaction Score
Can’t wait to beat them this upcoming season [ ] .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
First Round WNBA Selections through 2019
1Connecticut (Same Coach)25
2Tennessee (old Coach, faded glory)15
3Stanford (same coach)12
4Duke (coach on a hotseat)11
5Notre Dame (Brand new coach)10
6North Carolina (several coaches)9
7Baylor (same coach)8
7Georgia (old coach, faded glory)8
7Maryland (same coach)8
10LSU (old coach, faded glory)7
10Rutgers don't know7
10South Carolina (Same Coach)7

Add 2 for South Carolina, one for UConn and one for Baylor. oh yeah. 3 for Oregon.

I think she can realize her future under any of five coaches at UConn, Stanford, Baylor, Maryland or Scar (and probably Kelly Graves at Oregon as well with three in 2020.) Notre Dame??????????? we'll see.

Yeah, Geno is the king but the other four or so have proven that they can get her there.

(but I still put our chances extremely low and don't see her heading West to Waco, Palo Alto or Eugene)

I think both Fudd and Bueckers have their sites higher than one of the top 12 in the draft as silly as that sounds talking about HS players. For years I have read and heard WNBA coaches say that UConn players come to the league better prepared for the pro game.

I was overjoyed when Bueckers committed and whether or not Fudd picks UConn won't change that. Fudd could be the best shooter to come along since KML but Bueckers is the straw that stirs the drink.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
LOL Could you expand on your thinking? And also please tell us what people you refer to?

Maryland always does well recruiting athletes. My brilliant nephew picked Maryland for a school in part because of their athletic programs. It's the school I think has the best shot for Fudd .... other than UConn. Why? Geography and Brenda. She must have a great sales pitch. But having the best shot doesn't mean having a good shot.

I remember that UConn fans worried about all the S Car games Wilson attended. I know Fudd has been to several UConn games over the last few years. Anyone know how many MD games she's been to? Seeing how much closer she is to MD I'd expect twice or three times more.

Well, you've already expanded on it for me.

I think Maryland has a better shot than some people think for the exact reasons listed above.

The potential to play for the home school almost always has some kind of pull on a recruit, whether they eventually commit or not, odds are the home school was a factor to the end. And Maryland isn't just any home team, it's an elite program.. so that pull is probably a little stronger. UConn is what it is, so they're going to be a factor for Fudd, but some of the posts in this thread come off as if she's already committed and my original post is a response to that.

FWIW, I think Fudd commits to UConn in the end, but I also think Maryland is close. There really isn't much more to it than that.. it's just an opinion.

Reaction Score
Huskies need to one day get into a real conference, for the good of every sport, not just WBB.

Reaction Score
I looked at the record and the record says South Carolina won the 2017 championship and it does not mention "because UCONN lost to Miss St." They were the last team standing just like the 11 championships that UCONN won....there is no difference between any of UCONN's national titles and South Carolina's national titles...they both won each in the final game....they were the last teams standing. That's how that works you know...right...?
Sensitive much? Surely you wouldn’t argue that UConn losing (on a buzzer beater) made it easier for S.C. to win the title? Not saying they couldn’t have beaten us but, I doubt they would have.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Well, you've already expanded on it for me.

I think Maryland has a better shot than some people think for the exact reasons listed above.

The potential to play for the home school almost always has some kind of pull on a recruit, whether they eventually commit or not, odds are the home school was a factor to the end. And Maryland isn't just any home team, it's an elite program.. so that pull is probably a little stronger. UConn is what it is, so they're going to be a factor for Fudd, but some of the posts in this thread come off as if she's already committed and my original post is a response to that.

FWIW, I think Fudd commits to UConn in the end, but I also think Maryland is close. There really isn't much more to it than that.. it's just an opinion.

Agreed and well put. I never bet against UCONN for #1 recruits since more often than not they choose to play for Geno. Each kid has her own unique set of circumstances though so who knows where she'll go. I think it's naive for anyone to assume she's a lock for any program or to scoff at someone who suggests she may not choose the Huskies.

Despite big names transferring out, Maryland has a phenomenal track record of developing players. Just look at the finals rosters last year. If Fudd wants to stay close to home, get playing time from day 1, and have a shot for a title, Maryland offers the best combination of the 3, especially with Owusu and Reese on the roster the next 3 years.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Sensitive much? Surely you wouldn’t argue that UConn losing (on a buzzer beater) made it easier for S.C. to win the title? Not saying they couldn’t have beaten us but, I doubt they would have.
Not sensitive at all...Not a South Carolina fan....just stating the facts as they are, as opposed to you, making unfounded accusations or assertions....

Reaction Score
Aw, being banned will add to my "merit badge" collection.....
Watch what you wish for CDR-Ret. From what I have heard there isn't much in the way of entertainment in The Shire. No Walmart, no water park, not a single bowling alley. Cow tipping and stealing produce from farmers are high on the list of things to do on Friday night. What they do have are two inns, The Green Dragon, in the central Shire district of Bywater and the Golden Perch in Eastfarthing, which is a bit of a hike. Get banned from them and it's either tipping the cow or heading all the way out to Bree, where the Prancing Pony is. The Prancing Pony is actually a great joint, albeit noisy and smokey. Good food, good beer and ale. The clientele come from far and near, but be warned that bad sorts have been known to make an appearance.

Reaction Score
Watch what you wish for CDR-Ret. From what I have heard there isn't much in the way of entertainment in The Shire. No Walmart, no water park, not a single bowling alley. Cow tipping and stealing produce from farmers are high on the list of things to do on Friday night. What they do have are two inns, The Green Dragon, in the central Shire district of Bywater and the Golden Perch in Eastfarthing, which is a bit of a hike. Get banned from them and it's either tipping the cow or heading all the way out to Bree, where the Prancing Pony is. The Prancing Pony is actually a great joint, albeit noisy and smokey. Good food, good beer and ale. The clientele come from far and near, but be warned that bad sorts have been known to make an appearance.

Prancing Pony sell pints!

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
First Round WNBA Selections through 2019
1Connecticut (Same Coach)25
2Tennessee (old Coach, faded glory)15
3Stanford (same coach)12
4Duke (coach on a hotseat)11
5Notre Dame (Brand new coach)10
6North Carolina (several coaches)9
7Baylor (same coach)8
7Georgia (old coach, faded glory)8
7Maryland (same coach)8
10LSU (old coach, faded glory)7
10Rutgers don't know7
10South Carolina (Same Coach)7

Add 2 for South Carolina, one for UConn and one for Baylor. oh yeah. 3 for Oregon.

I think she can realize her future under any of five coaches at UConn, Stanford, Baylor, Maryland or Scar (and probably Kelly Graves at Oregon as well with three in 2020.) Notre Dame??????????? we'll see.

Yeah, Geno is the king but the other four or so have proven that they can get her there.

(but I still put our chances extremely low and don't see her heading West to Waco, Palo Alto or Eugene)
I would point out that Dawn Staley's 7 have all come in the last 5 years.

Reaction Score
Hmm

Would have pegged you as a Foghorn Leghorn fan. :confused:

Well, here' my favorite, Especially during UGA week:

1594655490128.png

Reaction Score
Great guards are often deemed great because the people they pass the ball to can score. Uconn, along with several other top college teams, have a long list of players who were "5 Star" in high school and falling stars in college.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom