Improve Player Intros | The Boneyard

Improve Player Intros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn has been doing player intros the same way forever. Same stupid song and everythin . It'd be awesome to see them turn out the lights, play something more modern, and use some of the sweet light show effects the logos on the ceiling and stuff from First Night. Get people more excited for the game, intimidate visitors a little bit , and stop being so stale.

Reaction Score
UConn has been doing player intros the same way forever. Same stupid song and everythin . It'd be awesome to see them turn out the lights, play something more modern, and use some of the sweet light show effects the logos on the ceiling and stuff from First Night. Get people more excited for the game, intimidate visitors a little bit , and stop being so stale.
They're working on that: http://wtnh.com/2014/09/25/uconns-gampel-pavilion-to-get-new-lighting/

Reaction Score
Last year, player intros were on the floor, not in a stairway. Friday was a bit awkward, so I'll agree. Give the kids a chance to dance & have fun, without worrying about falling down the stairs 2 seconds later.

Reaction Score
Last year, player intros were on the floor, not in a stairway. Friday was a bit awkward, so I'll agree. Give the kids a chance to dance & have fun, without worrying about falling down the stairs 2 seconds later.
I don't think he's talking about First Night- talking about player intros on gameday.

I loved the intros with them coming down the stairs, gave them a chance to interact with fans. They still got to dance when they came out the doors, too.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's talking about First Night- talking about player intros on gameday.

I loved the intros with them coming down the stairs, gave them a chance to interact with fans. They still got to dance when they came out the doors, too.

I kinda missed that point. Once I saw Cassell in a walking boot & then walking down the stairs, I didn't feel comfortable... In general, I thought players didn't have the same vibe as last year's first night. That's just me. I missed Amida's spunk from last year, I guess.

I do like it when the lights are off when players are introduced under a spotlight, similar to last year's spot light for first night... but no need for singing & dancing for actual games! :p

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I also can not stand the guy's voice who introduced the players on First Night. He sounded so bored. We need a new PA announcer.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I would like to see UConn shoot our players out of a cannon while firing off lasers and playing a song of my own composition called "We're Going to Sodo-mize Your Mascot".

(F--- the profanity filter.)

Reaction Score
I would like to see UConn shoot our players out of a cannon while firing off lasers and playing a song of my own composition called "We're Going to Sodo-mize Your Mascot".

(F--- the profanity filter.)
How about we just shoot their players out of the cannon.

Reaction Score
As much as the "old people" might not like it....the music needs to go....lets get ready to rumble is just not happening anymore. look up Kansas' intro that leads to them getting ready for the tip. its mostly EDM (electronic dance music)...its the kind of music that everyone is listening to/ partying to nowadays. a few suggestions: and my personal favorite: ....imagine the students going nuts to this as the away team steps onto the court with this at full blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom