Important WNBA Games Tonight - Playoff Implications | The Boneyard

Important WNBA Games Tonight - Playoff Implications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Chicago vs NY Chicago needs to win if they have any hope of getting into the playoffs.
Indiana vs Atlanta. Atlanta needs to win insure they make the playoffs.

If Chicago wins and Atlanta loses Chicago is only one game behind both NY and Atlanta to get into the playoffs.

Sparks vs the Storm. Sparks have to win and hope San Antonio beats the Sun if they have any prayer of making the playoffs.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I read also that Minnesota could clinch home court throughout the playoffs with a win and an Indiana loss tonight. I thought they were maybe 1 or 2 games away from that possibility but that's just what I read in the Star Tribune.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Chicago vs NY Chicago needs to win if they have any hope of getting into the playoffs.
Indiana vs Atlanta. Atlanta needs to win insure they make the playoffs.

If Chicago wins and Atlanta loses Chicago is only one game behind both NY and Atlanta to get into the playoffs.

Sparks vs the Storm. Sparks have to win and hope San Antonio beats the Sun if they have any prayer of making the playoffs.
Don't the Sparks want a San Antonio LOSS? They are only 1.5 games behind S.A.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I read also that Minnesota could clinch home court throughout the playoffs with a win and an Indiana loss tonight. I thought they were maybe 1 or 2 games away from that possibility but that's just what I read in the Star Tribune.
If Minnesota wins and Indiana loses, they will be 4 games apart in the loss column with 4 to go. That will be a clincher if they own the tiebreaker. The Lynx have already clinched homecourt in the West. Go Maya!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well i know the Sun will probably clinch a playoff spot eventually, but after losing to Tulsa they are now getting crushed by San Antonio. something is wrong there and they hopefully straighten it out soon...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Sun again fail to make up ground on the Fever as they lose to San Antonio. If they were a better road team, they could have won the Eastern Division.

Liberty and Atlanta win, making it unlikely that Chicago will make the playoffs..

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Even though Minnesota won and Indiana lost, ESPN.com says the Lynx are still 1 game away from
clinching over the Fever.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sun again fail to make up ground on the Fever as they lose to San Antonio. If they were a better road team, they could have won the Eastern Division.

Liberty and Atlanta win, making it unlikely that Chicago will make the playoffs..
something is wrong with the Sun. losing to Tulsa and getting blown out by SA (a team that was on a 6 game losing streak) is not the way to end the season...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
something is wrong with the Sun. losing to Tulsa and getting blown out by SA (a team that was on a 6 game losing streak) is not the way to end the season...

The Sun are really a very young team. Two of its starters are playing in their 2nd WNBA season, one starter is playing in her 1st, and one is playing in her 3rd (second with the Sun). Youth isn't always served in the WNBA; more often it's served up.

Reaction Score
The Sun are really a very young team. Two of its starters are playing in their 2nd WNBA season, one starter is playing in her 1st, and one is playing in her 3rd (second with the Sun). Youth isn't always served in the WNBA; more often it's served up.
Nice quote!

Didn't the Sun have a late season collapse last year as well? It is difficult playing on the road.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Cat; Are you mebbe related to Nashville Katz, the great Jewish country/western artist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom