Impact on Recruiting for Move to Big East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Impact on Recruiting for Move to Big East

Reaction Score
We don't need the rest off the Big East to be elite at recruiting. We push the UConn brand with the opportunities the Big East provides us and we will get e
What opportunities are those exactly?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We don't need the rest off the Big East to be elite at recruiting. We push the UConn brand with the opportunities the Big East provides us and we will get elite recruits.

That applies the same way in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Big 10 and Big 12 conference challenges. Regional opponents with recent and historical success. Play at MSG 2-6 times a year. Play Nova and Georgetown twice a year. Play on national TV in primetime.
Playing Georgetown twice a year isn’t attractive, they’ve done nothing in two decades. There is one regional opponent with recent success in Nova. If you want to leave an upstart basketball conference where Memphis is bringing in the best class in the nation and teams don’t struggle to find coaches (cc St. John’s) then have fun, because that’s what’s happening here.

Reaction Score
Playing Georgetown twice a year isn’t attractive, they’ve done nothing in two decades. There is one regional opponent with recent success in Nova. If you want to leave an upstart basketball conference where Memphis is bringing in the best class in the nation and teams don’t struggle to find coaches (cc St. John’s) then have fun, because that’s what’s happening here.

I’ll leave these here.
C1C14DE2-3E31-4E4A-81DC-8876168E3C36.png

Reaction Score
People this is not the old Big East, I dislike the AAC as much as anyone. I remember the battles - was there from the start but IDK how this move does anything except cut down on travel and revive some rivalries but it ain't the promised land and isn't going to put us anywhere different on the National Map- only winning will do that.
As far as P5 - without FB it's not gonna happen. I know FB is way down, but pulling out of the AAC isn't gonna help it rise to the level we need if we are hoping for a P5 invite.
Big East would work for me - now that I am I'm in Delaware I would have greater opportunity to see UC in person but not convinced it's the right move.

Reaction Score
View attachment 44042

The Big East has been 3x the conference the American has been and is closer to the ACC than the American is to the lowest P5 conference.
I can’t believe you’re serious. Outside of Nova, what Big East team do you seriously consider a marquis match-up going into this season?

Reaction Score
I can’t believe you’re serious. Outside of Nova, what Big East team do you seriously consider a marquis match-up going into this season?

I mean are you ignoring facts? Look at the conference ratings. 15.33 is almost 3x as much as 5.59. It’s 3x as good. The last 3 years 9/10 teams have been ranked inside the top 100. The American has never had a year with more than 8 teams inside the top 100. The big east worst ranked team last year was 118. The Americans was 283.

Reaction Score
I mean are you ignoring facts? Look at the conference ratings. 15.33 is almost 3x as much as 5.59. It’s 3x as good. The last 3 years 9/10 teams have been ranked inside the top 100. The American has never had a year with more than 8 teams inside the top 100. The big east worst ranked team last year was 118. The Americans was 283.
That’s not what I asked. If you want to compare the best of the worst, congrats, the BE wins in a landslide. As far as where both conferences are trending, what about Big East recruiting, coaching hires, non-Nova tournament production is any better than the AAC, considering we need to sacrifice virtually every other program to join? And again, what BE match-up outside Nova are you that excited for?

Reaction Score
That’s not what I asked. If you want to compare the best of the worst, congrats, the BE wins in a landslide. As far as where both conferences are trending, what about Big East recruiting, coaching hires, non-Nova tournament production is any better than the AAC, considering we need to sacrifice virtually every other program to join? And again, what BE match-up outside Nova are you that excited for?

Villanova, Georgetown, Providence, Marquette, Xavier, Butler, and creighton are all games I’m excited for. If you want to talk about NCAA tournament, up until this year UConn had more NCAA tournament wins since joining the AAC than the rest of the conference combined and we’ve been crap. Villanova has won two in that time frame. The big east had two #1 seeds in 2018, the AAC has never had a one. Uconn in the Big East would give them 3 top 25 recruiting classes this year. Without UConn the AAC has 1. Do I need to keep going?

Reaction Score
Villanova, Georgetown, Providence, Marquette, Xavier, Butler, and creighton are all games I’m excited for. If you want to talk about NCAA tournament, up until this year UConn had more NCAA tournament wins since joining the AAC than the rest of the conference combined and we’ve been crap. Villanova has won two in that time frame. The big east had two #1 seeds in 2018, the AAC has never had a one. Uconn in the Big East would give them 3 top 25 recruiting classes this year. Without UConn the AAC has 1. Do I need to keep going?
Again, none of those teams outside of Nova has done any more than anyone in the AAC in terms of tournament success. Xavier checked out in the second round that 2018 1 seed year to FSU and providence lost to arkansas in the first round of the NIT this year. Marquette lost in the first round by 19 to Murray State. And if we stayed in the AAC then we would have the same number of top 25 recruiting classes for the year, the difference being the AAC would still have the top ranked class in Memphis, so not sure what your end game was with that point. The difference in all of this, again, is one scenario we don’t sacrifice our other programs and in one we do for what is virtually a lateral, if not negative, basketball
move.

Reaction Score
Recent offers or interest and where they play or are from:

Andre Jackson...NY. Jonathon Kuminga...NY,WV
Jabari Abdul rahim...NJ. Lance Ware...NJ
Hassan Diarra...CT. Matt Cross....MA
Cliff Omoruyi...NJ. Demarr Langford...CT
Trey Patterson...NJ. AJ Griffin...NY
Terrance Clarke...MA. Justin Lewis...MD
Jonathon Aku...NH. Noah Collier...PA
Karin Mane... Quebec. Jaylin Williams...AR
Dylan Caldwell...VA. Mark Williams...VA
John Hugley...OH

Staffs plan was to make the NE-Mid Atlantic area their target for recruiting.
I believe going to the BE can only help with getting players to stay closer to home and play in front of family and friends. Now throw in playing at The Garden and against other local universities that they may HS friends or rivals on can only entice them more.

Reaction Score
We don't need the rest off the Big East to be elite at recruiting. We push the UConn brand with the opportunities the Big East provides us and we will get elite recruits.
Lol. Yeah and MSG. Sorry to say it isn’t 1990 anymore

Reaction Score

That was fast for the naysayers to look exceptionally stupid.

“For a top-50 guy like Jabri [Abdur-Rahim], that obviously makes UConn a totally different option,” said Blair Academy coach Joe Mantegna

“Not to say they’ll get him,” Mantegna added, “but to say they look totally different on that list and they can sell totally different things that I think is a real benefit to the Northeastern’s highest-level guys.”

Reaction Score
The kids we're trying to target aren't old enough to remember the OBE so as a selling point, can't imagine it meaning much to them especially with Pitt and Cuse gone
Their parents will have an influence

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom