Immediate transfer rule likely to begin 2021-22 season | The Boneyard

Immediate transfer rule likely to begin 2021-22 season

Reaction Score
Nolley doesn’t strike me as someone who is going to be willing to sitout again. Could see him going pro rather than transferring and taking another red shirt year.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this changes anything with Sid? Would hate for him to have to sit out another year.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this changes anything with Sid? Would hate for him to have to sit out another year.
And wouldn't he only have 1 more year to play? You have 5 years to play 4. You have to appeal the NCAA to get the 4th year of eligibility if it's your 6th year of college. And typically that's only done if you lost a year due to injury.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
And wouldn't he only have 1 more year to play? You have 5 years to play 4. You have to appeal the NCAA to get the 4th year of eligibility if it's your 6th year of college. And typically that's only done if you lost a year due to injury.
Yes really hurts his options.

Reaction Score
Need a guard who’s immediately eligible, were a guard short.

I think if we get Sanogo we’ll be fine. PGs will be Gaffney and Cole. SGs will be Bouknight and Adams. SFs will be Jackson and Polley. That’s plenty of depth at the 1-3.

Reaction Score
Nolley and reclass is all we need. Maybe Nolley can get a waiver. Gotta go hard at Etienne which I think is our best bet.

Reaction Score
Nolley doesn’t strike me as someone who is going to be willing to sitout again. Could see him going pro rather than transferring and taking another red shirt year.

Nolley could just play another year at VaTech then transfer next year to same effect (if not going to draft). No reason to sit out. But trying for a waiver might make the most sense if he wants out of Va Tech and wants to get drafted soon.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think if we get Sanogo we’ll be fine. PGs will be Gaffney and Cole. SGs will be Bouknight and Adams. SFs will be Jackson and Polley. That’s plenty of depth at the 1-3.
Or you could look at it like we roster 4 guards total on a team that plays mostly 3 guard, sometimes 4 guard.

Reaction Score
Or you could look at it like we roster 4 guards total on a team that plays mostly 3 guard, sometimes 4 guard.
I do think UConn needs another guard but I also think that Andre Jackson’s passing/ball handling ability is being underrated.

Reaction Score

I think Jackson and Polley are essentially “big guards” in a Hurley system and will play the majority of the minutes at the 3. It’s where Polley played the majority of his minutes at last year.

Reaction Score
I think Jackson and Polley are essentially “big guards” in a Hurley system and will play the majority of the minutes at the 3. It’s where Polley played the majority of his minutes at last year.
Polley doesn't have any guard skills other than shooting threes though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If this is accurate I don’t want any sit one transfers. None. We need a full roster with Polley and Akok coming back from injury.

Reaction Score
Polley doesn't have any guard skills other than shooting threes though.

Well, he started at the 3 last year and played almost all of his minutes there so that’s where I see him playing again. I also think Jackson will see almost all of his minutes at the 3. That means 2 of Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, and Adams on the floor. So 2 deep at both guard positions.

Reaction Score
If this is accurate I don’t want any sit one transfers. None. We need a full roster with Polley and Akok coming back from injury.
i dont think hurley agrees otherwise nolley wouldn't have been his priority. i want to believe hurley knows what the deal is regarding the transfer rule and it doesnt change anything...

since we didnt get vaughn hopefully that means hurley has always favored a reclass for the second scholly. we can still end up w/ nolley and sonogo/etienne and you get your big guy

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom