Immediate transfer rule likely to begin 2021-22 season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Immediate transfer rule likely to begin 2021-22 season

Reaction Score
It’s hard to convey just how fluid and strange things are right now in education. Guys who technically would have been eligible for a re-class are going to be at the mercy of their school system as far as what will count for credits. They’re likely to still be eligible, but it could take some time. Working in education, I see how the rules change weekly because this is all new. Private schools may have a bit more autonomy, but they’re still going to be influenced by some state-wide restrictions. It seems very likely that schools, especially in the northeast, will stay on-line through the end of the school year. Some guys may not want their high school careers to end like that.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to convey just how fluid and strange things are right now in education. Guys who technically would have been eligible for a re-class are going to be at the mercy of their school system as far as what will count for credits. They’re likely to still be eligible, but it could take some time. Working in education, I see how the rules change weekly because this is all new. Private schools may have a bit more autonomy, but they’re still going to be influenced by some state-wide restrictions. It seems very likely that schools, especially in the northeast, will stay on-line through the end of the school year. Some guys may not want their high school careers to end like that.

in other words, it's more likely etienne can reclass than sonogo?

Reaction Score
in other words, it's more likely etienne can reclass than sonogo?

Sanogo is at St. Pat’s (The Patrick School, but I could never get used to calling it that), which is a private school. I honestly can’t speak to either’s ease of eligibility but do know that there are very few certain answers in education right now.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is at St. Pat’s (The Patrick School, but I could never get used to calling it that), which is a private school. I honestly can’t speak to either’s ease of eligibility but do know that there are very few certain answers in education right now.
fair. i considered st. pats a parochial school whereas suffield is a traditional private school

Last edited:
Reaction Score
that's fair. i considered st. pats a parochial school whereas suffield is a traditional private school

St. Pat’s was. The Patrick School that came into being when St. Pat’s closed is considered private. It’s nothing but confusing!

Reaction Score
good enough to be a point forward?

When Daniel Hamilton was playing against top national competition, his point guard went down and for multiple games Hamilton successfully played point guard on offense and center on defense against the likes of Jabri Parker, and won games. Jackson has that skill set. He has plenty of experience as the dominating ball handler at Albany. He broke pressure, drove end to end, etc. I have no doubt that he could play point guard if Gaffney or Cole were sidelined with a sprained ankle for a couple games. He's not a point forward because he's more of a guard that has the size and athleticism to play forward if that's where you want him. He's a second Bouknight with a much better handle. He can also shoot well, he's just not a spot up knock down 3 point guy. His 3's will come in the flow like Bouknight's do. The whole idea doesn't shoot well is just a label. It's unusual, but his coach said he didn't take a 3 until Jan of his Jr year. When he has shot them he has been successful.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aaaaaaand this is why getting Vaughn was important.
Couldn't agree more. That's a big miss. Good player. Perfect one-year placeholder. Surprised the staff couldn't make it happen.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Ah... The unwritten NCAA rule that states:

"All decisions concerning rules, policies, bylaws, investigations, dates, locations, appointments, and appeals must be structured, worded, or otherwise decided by whatever hurts the University of Connecticut the most."

Otherwise known as the "Mark Emmert is a D0uch#b@g" rule.

Reaction Score
I am personally against the immediate transfer rule (with the exception of coaching changes, family issues, etc.) but if they’re going to approve it why NOT start immediately? Do they say “Ok so we’ll approve this rule but it doesn’t go into effect until next year?”

Reaction Score
There seemed to be an inordinate amount of non grad transfers enter the portal over the last couple weeks, presumably because the expectation was the no sit out rule was going to pass. That information was obviously out there; the # of guys transferring is not simply a coincidence. I don’t see how COVID affects this either; another from the NCAA if Rothstein’s tweet is indeed accurate.

Reaction Score
So I wonder what pct of these transfers were told by whomever was in their ears that they were likely going to be able to transfer and play ASAP...

Reaction Score
good enough to be a point forward ?

Seems that way according to Hurley:

On Jackson: "Andre, we expect him to have similar impact to what James had this year, maybe not always be as a pure scorer, but as a player, as a playmaker, a guy who can pass, make big time blocks, big time plays in transition, an underrated player with the ball as a passer. He can make plays for himself and others.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom