Im sure you'll be reading that TAMU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Im sure you'll be reading that TAMU

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's not the week. It's the week before BAYLOR. And you know Geno arranged that.

Fixed your colors too.
I don't go over there any more, I'd rather relax by listening to my 12 CD collection of the Best of Yoko Ono, but ESPN sets the dates for the games shown on its network. Oh, that's right, I forgot that Geno has ESPN in his pocket too.

Reaction Score
I did something I never do. I went to the Tennessee Scout site and I read where some "newbie" had commented how Diamond Deshield had been really enthused about the UConn huskie game and how totally connected Diamond was with their effort last night, convincing her that Diamond was a "serious lean" to the Huskies. Well, this innocent comment drew the wrath of God from numerous posters there, claiming she was an infidel or a Huskie spy that had infiltrated their site. The amount of spin was wild and I have to say that there are some serious idiots over there. I guess I decided to check it out because I read in an earlier post that there was a number of comments that were dismissing Texas A & M as a serious team since UConn smashed them last night. I wanted to see what else might have been said and I guess you don't dare say anything that suggests anything but complete glory to the temple of Tennessee woman's basketball. Sad indeed!!!!!!!!!!

I still can't see how a lot of these young recruits don't inevitably become aware that if you want to play at the highest level and improve throughout your college experience, you really ought to be looking at a school other than Tennessee. In my estimation, that program does about the absolute least of any major program to develop their players and the only reason that they have some players playing in the WNBA is that they were extraordinarily talented prior to their enrollment and they developed DESPITE the coaching, rather than because of it. Playing in a reasonably good conference against good talent helped as well but definitely not the COACHING! It's my opinion and sticking to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Don't go over there any more, I'd rather relax by listening to my 12 CD collection of the Best of Yoko Ono, but ESPN sets the dates for the games shown on its network. Oh, that's right, I forgot that Geno has ESPN in his pocket too.
It's like going to the zoo. Fun once in a while, but if you go too often, it really starts to smell.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
I always don a Level 4 HAZMAT suit before visiting that certain site !

I do wonder though, what exactly are the moderators keeping off that board - it must really be something judging from the disgusting mess that's left posted.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Here is a gem based on watching the A&T game - "UConn has very good ball movement to go along with spreading the floor. I also think some of this is the product of personnel, as well as their system. Geno definitely believes in ball movement and not as much one on one. Pat, on the other hand, is also coaching ball movement and ball handling, but within the TN offense, it seems there is more flexibility to attack the defense with one on one moves whenever the player with the ball has a defender that they can exploit. I don't see that same flexibility in the UConn offense, but that's just my opinion. At some point, players just need to make plays and use those ballhandling skills. I saw more of this creating offense within the offensive set when Renee Montgomery was there (she was great at it), but I don't think the current guards possess her same quickness, except Hayes. "

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Man, I wish we had some of that "flexibility" in our offense. It would sure beat watching 24 assists on 31 baskets.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Here is a gem based on watching the A&T game - "UConn has very good ball movement to go along with spreading the floor. I also think some of this is the product of personnel, as well as their system. Geno definitely believes in ball movement and not as much one on one. Pat, on the other hand, is also coaching ball movement and ball handling, but within the TN offense, it seems there is more flexibility to attack the defense with one on one moves whenever the player with the ball has a defender that they can exploit. I don't see that same flexibility in the UConn offense, but that's just my opinion. At some point, players just need to make plays and use those ballhandling skills. I saw more of this creating offense within the offensive set when Renee Montgomery was there (she was great at it), but I don't think the current guards possess her same quickness, except Hayes. "

Even for that place, that is an incredibly absurd comment.

JS

Reaction Score
Fun while it lasted.

Envelope pushed a little harder by the predictable parties -- direct quotes, dredging of the same old, same old incidents starting to appear (and disappear).

A good time was had by all, with the fresh material.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
the "Im sure you'll be reading that TAMU" thread that I started didnt come from reading the Summitt (I actually didnt read the Summitt before creating it)... I just know what happens when you blow out a "ranked team" by 30. (typical message board stuff)

seriously it was more about the ESPN board.

(I haven't read the Summitt yet to see if there's a reaction to my previous thread so this isnt a response to them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom