I'm so confused about who is televising the upcoming two games | The Boneyard

I'm so confused about who is televising the upcoming two games

Reaction Score
The way I understand it from all of you BYers who are better at understanding the TC providers than I am, Flosports will have the first game and SNY the second (and a bunch more, too).

I went to the Flosports website, got to the basketball section, and looked for the game and it is nowhere to be seen on their site. Anyone have any idea what is up with that?

As for SNY this year, I know that last year SNY pretty much meant ESPN3 for those of us who were not local, which worked for me. Now you're saying it is on the NBC Sports app? Not ESPN at all? And how does Fox Sports enter into it??

The SNY explanation was complete gobbledygook, IMHO. I do not know who writes their explanatory copy, but they must have spent more time in law school than in writing school.

Can someone spell it out for me?

Reaction Score
and if you can't get SNY, how do you watch it?

That's a different question. Game 2 will no doubt be streamed on ESPN+ or 3 or whatever name they invent.

The TV part is easy, the streaming is still up in the air as as of last night SNY had no information about out of market streaming.

IMO things will settle as soon as the viewership numbers for Bueckers start to be listed. Wait till Fox/ESPN/SNY start getting nasty tweets from 12 year old girls wanting to know who is in charge. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The way I understand it from all of you BYers who are better at understanding the TC providers than I am, Flosports will have the first game and SNY the second (and a bunch more, too).

I went to the Flosports website, got to the basketball section, and looked for the game and it is nowhere to be seen on their site. Anyone have any idea what is up with that?

As for SNY this year, I know that last year SNY pretty much meant ESPN3 for those of us who were not local, which worked for me. Now you're saying it is on the NBC Sports app? Not ESPN at all? And how does Fox Sports enter into it??

The SNY explanation was complete gobbledygook, IMHO. I do not know who writes their explanatory copy, but they must have spent more time in law school than in writing school.

Game 1 is on SNY
Game 2 is on ESPN

In the past SNY games were also streamed on ESPN3 because ESPN owned the rights to the AAC and sold them to SNY for use in SNY's market. This year Fox owns the rights to the Big East and sold them to SNY, therefore ESPN3 will NOT carry any Big East conference games this year.

Reaction Score
@tomcat, I’m out of market too, as you know. FWIW I’m totally confident that there will be a way to watch all the SNY games (and even easier ways to watch all the others). Instead of stressing about it now, I’m equally confident that if I check the BY about an hour before the first SNY game, “how to watch” instructions will be there for me on a silver platter.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As bluedevil said, if all else fails, you’ll have to wait 3-4 hours after the game to watch the replay which is usually posted in oldude’s post game summary thread.

Reaction Score
and if you can't get SNY, how do you watch it?

As Alydar simply stated below, if one is in the SNY market area it's rather simple...for those out of the SNY market to my understanding the ONLY way to watch it "live" is to get FloSports for the game and cancel right after the game.

Game 1 is on SNY

Game 2 is on ESPN

As far as the NBC Sports App people are talking about...I believe the same as soxfan23 stated below.

What about it? Unless you get SNY via your current cable/satellite/streaming provider the NBC sports app will not work.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I agree FloSports is not the best site to navigate. What I ended up doing was a Google search to get there. I put together some screen captures showing the process. One reason you didn't see the game could be it's buried under the "Bubbleville", when clicked on it will explain what it is. It's at this point, where they want to join or not. Hope this helps.

(sorry for this drawn out screen capture stich job...but it seems it's required)

FloSports Bubbleville 2020-21.jpg

Reaction Score
I have a run of about 25 years of being able to watch the games with little muss or fuss and not on a computer sceen. In CT it was CPTV. In NC, starting in O3, the games were available via some package or other offered by AT&T in NC. On moving to FL in 2015 I have gotten the games via ESPN accessed by Roku. Somehow, as women's bb gains in popularity accessing games gets harder. I fear this will be the first year I'll be watching most games through my computer, and after the fact at that. Can't say I'm happy about it although it is better than nothing.

Reaction Score

this ought help on Big East games, assuming they update weekly. Also notice they have replays

Reaction Score
I have a run of about 25 years of being able to watch the games with little muss or fuss and not on a computer sceen. In CT it was CPTV. In NC, starting in O3, the games were available via some package or other offered by AT&T in NC. On moving to FL in 2015 I have gotten the games via ESPN accessed by Roku. Somehow, as women's bb gains in popularity accessing games gets harder. I fear this will be the first year I'll be watching most games through my computer, and after the fact at that. Can't say I'm happy about it although it is better than nothing.
If you get the right cable you can hook your computer to your tv..just go to Best Buy and get one.. :D

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
It seems as if the programmers don't realize UConn is a nation wide phenomenon and not justa North East thing. I agree with @and one . I'm just going to go game to game and figure something out.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
As I understand it, the NBC APP to watch UConn WBB games is only available if you live in SNY Market Area. Outside of SNY Market-Area the game won't be on the NBC APP. I also presume you have to be a cable subscriber to use the NBC App.

What about the NBC App people are talking about?

Reaction Score
That's a different question. Game 2 will no doubt be streamed on ESPN+ or 3 or whatever name they invent.

The TV part is easy, the streaming is still up in the air as as of last night SNY had no information about out of market streaming.

IMO things will settle as soon as the viewership numbers for Bueckers start to be listed. Wait till Fox/ESPN/SNY start getting nasty tweets from 12 year old girls wanting to know who is in charge. :rolleyes:
How about 70+ year old men?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
What about the NBC App people are talking about?
The NBC app will work if your provider allows access to SNY, so it is dictated by market area. Spectrum in Alabama does not include SNY in its offerings, so replay it is for me.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It seems as if the programmers don't realize UConn is a nation wide phenomenon and not justa North East thing. I agree with @and one . I'm just going to go game to game and figure something out.
Well I live in the NE and am "out of market" for UCONN and SNY. By a couple miles. Used to get SNY, but not anymore. This will be the first year I won't be able to watch the games when I want.

I know the AAC sucked, but the BE isn't gonna be much better, competition wise. But at least they'll make it harder for those of us out of market to watch the games. :mad:

Reaction Score
This year, I ditched my TV in favor of a large screen computer. Spectrum is available through streaming and I couldn’t be happier. If I want to work on my computer and listen to TV at the same time (election coverage), there is an App for a mobile phone. Much less clutter in my living room/office.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom