I'm so confused about who is televising the upcoming two games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm so confused about who is televising the upcoming two games

Reaction Score
From UConn Women’s Basketball on Facebook:
In less than a week, the Huskies will be on the court! Here's what we know of our schedule so far.

As a Hall of Fame event, the Quinnipiac game will be aired on SNY and will only be streamed out-of-market on FloHoops. A streaming provider for all future SNY games will be announced soon.

Reaction Score
Well I live in the NE and am "out of market" for UCONN and SNY. By a couple miles. Used to get SNY, but not anymore. This will be the first year I won't be able to watch the games when I want.

I know the AAC sucked, but the BE isn't gonna be much better, competition wise. But at least they'll make it harder for those of us out of market to watch the games. :mad:

The Big East will be much better with DePaul and Marquette being better than any teams in the AAC.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I"m wondering if anyone has used a Roku or Firestick away from Home?

My question is if at home you have access to SNY using ROKU, when you go on the Road, would you still have access if you answer the Roku question, I"m on the Road? Do you get the same service you have at home or only the Service that is in the Local Area that you traveled to? You're using Wifi at the hotel or where you're staying.

Reaction Score

My question is if at home you have access to SNY using ROKU, when you go on the Road, would you still have access if you answer the Roku question, I"m on the Road? Do you get the same service you have at home or only the Service that is in the Local Area that you traveled to? You're using Wifi at the hotel or where you're staying.
What do you mean by "access to SNY using ROKU"? Do you have SNY as an app or as a channel on your Roku?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
NBC Sports Live is available on Roku and from what I understand that's how you get SNY programming if SNY is included with your cable package.

What do you mean by "access to SNY using ROKU"? Do you have SNY as an app or as a channel on your Roku?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Big East will be much better with DePaul and Marquette being better than any teams in the AAC.
Still gonna be expected to beat everyone by 15-20+.

Reaction Score

NBC Sports allows you 1 month to travel with and you would still get SNY, after that 1 month is up you have to log back into the NBC Sports app from your home area, then you have another 1 month.

Attachments

• Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    181.6 KB · Views: 96

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
The way I understand it from all of you BYers who are better at understanding the TC providers than I am, Flosports will have the first game and SNY the second (and a bunch more, too).

I went to the Flosports website, got to the basketball section, and looked for the game and it is nowhere to be seen on their site. Anyone have any idea what is up with that?

As for SNY this year, I know that last year SNY pretty much meant ESPN3 for those of us who were not local, which worked for me. Now you're saying it is on the NBC Sports app? Not ESPN at all? And how does Fox Sports enter into it??

The SNY explanation was complete gobbledygook, IMHO. I do not know who writes their explanatory copy, but they must have spent more time in law school than in writing school.

Can someone spell it out for me?
Am I wrong in thinking that a VPN will fool the NBC sports app into allowing access to the SNY games?

Reaction Score
The way I understand it from all of you BYers who are better at understanding the TC providers than I am, Flosports will have the first game and SNY the second (and a bunch more, too).

I went to the Flosports website, got to the basketball section, and looked for the game and it is nowhere to be seen on their site. Anyone have any idea what is up with that?

As for SNY this year, I know that last year SNY pretty much meant ESPN3 for those of us who were not local, which worked for me. Now you're saying it is on the NBC Sports app? Not ESPN at all? And how does Fox Sports enter into it??

The SNY explanation was complete gobbledygook, IMHO. I do not know who writes their explanatory copy, but they must have spent more time in law school than in writing school.

Gasp. Well, here it (sorta) is: SNY will be televising the first game. All of the 5 BE games that the Huskies play this year (2020) will be carried by SNY. ESPN will telecast UConn v Louisville.
I don't know how to "play" FLOHOOPS, but if you choose their one-year rate ($12,50/mo.) they say you can cancel any time. Their month by month rate is much higher. That site is scheduled to show the UConn game against Quinnipiac. You cannot actually ask them what's up, so live on the edge.
How to Watch: Bubbleville 2020 (flohoops.com):note UConn is listed as one of the teams they cover. From that page, you can order the games, which begin on the 25th. Good luck.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Game 1 is on SNY

Game 2 is on ESPN
A much better answer than mine which was going to be "I am. Feel to swing by the house and watch."

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I believe you would still need a Friend in New Jersey to give you their Provider/Login/Password for their Cable Account. Then you logon using their credentials.

Reaction Score
Posted today on Facebook by the UConn Women’s Basketball group:
In less than a week, the Huskies will be on the court! Here's what we know of our schedule so far.

As a Hall of Fame event, the Quinnipiac game will be aired on SNY and will only be streamed out-of-market on FloHoops. A streaming provider for all future SNY games will be announced soon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This search for a game day broadcast has turned into a mystery that's tougher to solve than a DaVinci Code story by Dan Brown if your cable provider doesn't carry SNY or wants an extra $50/month plus your first born child. A few days away from the start of the season and SNY can't tell us that they have figured out how to stream UConn games to out of market areas? My memory is not great but I'm sure I watched a stream on CPTV in the 90's forward. SNY still trying to figure out this new "Internet thing"? The original Request For Proposal by UConn stated that we must not lose anything by going to a new provider. We shall see.

Reaction Score
I have Frontier which does not carry SNY. I am lost in understanding the streamI got world . How can I get games ?

Reaction Score
Very simply thing now becomes a mess, why? and what we have,

-SNY
-ESPN, ESPN3 (or ESPN+)
-NBCSports
-Flohoops
-CATV
-FS1, FS2
-VPN

Reaction Score
I have Frontier which does not carry SNY. I am lost in understanding the streamI got world . How can I get games ?
If you live in CT, or anywhere in the SNY coverage area, it’s easy. Are you married to Frontier for life? They are not meeting your needs. Just switch cable providers (DirecTV, whatever) to one who carries SNY.

Reaction Score
Very simply thing now becomes a mess, why? and what we have,

-SNY
-ESPN, ESPN3 (or ESPN+)
-NBCSports
-Flohoops
-CATV
-FS1, FS2
-VPN
I apologize but I am having a hard time understanding what you are saying.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
If you live in CT, or anywhere in the SNY coverage area, it’s easy. Are you married to Frontier for life? They are not meeting your needs. Just switch cable providers (DirecTV, whatever) to one who carries SNY.
Cut cable and go with YouTube TV . For $64.95 month you will get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNnews CBSSN, FS1, FS2 plus 78 other channels. I finally pulled the plug and will start next month.

1606238202721.png

Works on your phone, your smart TV, your PC, your tablet, whatever. Easy peasy.

Reaction Score
Cut cable and go with YouTube TV . For $64.95 month you will get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNnews CBSSN, FS1, FS2 plus 78 other channels. I finally pulled the plug and will start next month.

View attachment 61674

Works on your phone, your smart TV, your PC, your tablet, whatever. Easy peasy.
I have YouTube TV and I agree with you. But a couple of points. When I first subscribed to it I also had 2 Regional Sports Networks (I believe from Fox Sports) and then they stopped one of the two. Then they stopped the other one as they couldn't come to a financial agreement.
Second point, I don't know if SNY is offered but I am guessing that if it is, it probably is only available in the current SNY market. I don't live in the SNY broadcasting area and I don't have access to SNY.
And YouTube TV is definitely cheaper than DirecTV BUT at least they offered SNY to me.

Reaction Score

No need to be confused. No one is televising the first few games, because they are not going to take place. Covid strikes again. If they ever do play; SNY has 16 games, I think. ESPN ( one of their variants ) will televise the big games.

Reaction Score
I apologize but I am having a hard time understanding what you are saying.
If you have problem to understand so do I. I mean the televising of UConn games is a mess, special for those don't have access to SNY.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I have YouTube TV and I agree with you. But a couple of points. When I first subscribed to it I also had 2 Regional Sports Networks (I believe from Fox Sports) and then they stopped one of the two. Then they stopped the other one as they couldn't come to a financial agreement.
Second point, I don't know if SNY is offered but I am guessing that if it is, it probably is only available in the current SNY market. I don't live in the SNY broadcasting area and I don't have access to SNY.
And YouTube TV is definitely cheaper than DirecTV BUT at least they offered SNY to me.
If you are out of market, SNY is not part of the plan. NBC Sports App (SNY's 2020 version of ESPN) does not work out of area either from what I've seen. I am trying to resign myself to seeing games the next day on the UConn Husky Games website.

Reaction Score
If you are out of market, SNY is not part of the plan. NBC Sports App (SNY's 2020 version of ESPN) does not work out of area either from what I've seen. I am trying to resign myself to seeing games the next day on the UConn Husky Games website.
There is hope. SNY has posted in the last week or so that live streaming information for out of market fans will be coming soon. Anyone's guess what they mean by "soon" but I am guessing it will immediately be posted here on the BY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom