I'm sick | The Boneyard

I'm sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
No, really, I'm sick. I have a virus. Fever, cough. Still feel crappy.

I also missed the game. Was so wiped out by this bug that I fell asleep before it started.

Wow...what a heartbreaker. I do have e it dvr'd, but I don't think I can bring myself to watch.

It wouldn't be fair to me comment on the game in regards to the calls, the flow of the game, the give and take. But I have read a lot of the posts here and wow...you can feel the frustration of the fans.

I usually take a few days off from posting after a loss like this. I'm too inclined to defend the players and Geno and that leads to p*ssing matches and no one needs that.

I'd just like to remind posters of a few things:

• That as bad as we feel, there is no comparison to how bad the players feel
  • While we like to believe that we post in a vacume, some players and their families read this board
  • February 27th, 2012 - ND 72 UConn 59
  • March 6th, 2012 - UConn 63 ND 54

Looking forward to the BE tourney and the rematch. Go UConn!!!!

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear your sick DD. I was almost going to start a thread "Has anyone heard from DD?" with the body saying that I hope he didn't do anything drastic.
Lots of flu going around. Get well and start posting.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
th

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

I also missed the game. Was so wiped out by this bug that I fell asleep before it started.

Sorry to hear that, DD. Rest is the best medicine - hope you're back at it in short order. Probably best that you didn't watch the game in real time as it might have made you sicker yet.....

I'm with you on that rematch!!!!!

#There Will May Be Blood

there_will_be_blood_250.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If you weren't sick before the game, you would have been afterward. :)

Seriously, get well soon. And, while sharing generally is good, don't share this one.

Good reminders. Thanks.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Hope you get to feel better DD.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Hey babe - drink lots and lots of water, use a vaporizer to help calm the coughing especially at night - the heat when it is on is so dry, and that makes it worse, the vaporizer will make such a difference. Chicken soup is a must and matzo ball soup is even better.

I am thankful that you posted those bullets as well. Some of the posters on this forum were showing Summitt-esque characteristics when their team failed to please (them).

I hope that you feel better soon,

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Wow...what a heartbreaker. I do have e it dvr'd, but I don't think I can bring myself to watch.

It wouldn't be fair to me comment on the game in regards to the calls, the flow of the game, the give and take. But I have read a lot of the posts here and wow...you can feel the frustration of the fans.

I usually take a few days off from posting after a loss like this. I'm too inclined to defend the players and Geno and that leads to p*ssing matches and no one needs that.

• While we like to believe that we post in a vacume, some players and their families read this board

Great post DD...POD(Post of the Day)

Reaction Score

Chicken soup my boy.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score

Me too.... Only I don't have a virus, fever or cough.

Hope you feel better soon!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Feel better DD. Your body dodged a bullet by falling asleep. If you forced yourself to watch you would have gotten sicker by getting all pumped up when you needed the rest. Maybe there will be better results in the BET. What the heck they played them so close twice, they have got to pull one out sooner or later.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
They played them so close twice, they have got to pull one out sooner or later.

Two three pointers. All the other plays stay the same and if KML hits that three in the first game and McBride misses in the second and this board looks a little different, huh.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Ah, so you're the reason we lost. I did my part by not watching the game live (DVR'd for later), you're part obviously is to watch the game live. Geez, you got one thing to do. :mad:

Get better quick, you are needed for the BET. ;)

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Feel better soon, DD! Always look forward to your wit and trenchant commentary. Great bullet points, BTW....

Reaction Score
Hey DD, Get well soon. We need our full complement (roster) of posters all healthy and well with the BE and NCAA Tourneys coming up. As bad as I feel after the ND game I am sure you feel much worse. We will see all you guys at Harbor Yard !

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Given the subject line, I'm surprised no one replied, "You certainly are." :)

Thanks for distilling things down to a pair of 3-pointers. Legendary shooter Kaleena Lewis open with a good look. McBride tosses one up that bounces off everything but the shot clock. And which one goes in?!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Given the subject line, I'm surprised no one replied, "You certainly are." :)

Thanks for distilling things down to a pair of 3-pointers. Legendary shooter Kaleena Lewis open with a good look. McBride tosses one up that bounces off everything but the shot clock. And which one goes in?!

How many 3 pointers hit the front of the rim and end up going in?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
No, really, I'm sick.

Your statement confirms the suspicions of some here and many elsewhere. I am sure that you retain your status as a "person of interest" to the FBI.

Get well soon. We need you in Hartford, Storrs, Bridgeport, and New Orleans.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Your statement confirms the suspicions of some here and many elsewhere. I am sure that you retain your status as a "person of interest" to the FBI.

Is a "person of interest" different from an "interesting person"? :)

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

There must be a great story behind this...but it was before my time here on the Yard. Someday perhaps we will hear all....(although most of you probably already know the tale.)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Mostly I'll be watching. Might get to a BE game, but I am out of town for the NCAA's and I WISH I had plans to be in NOLA.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
There must be a great story behind this...but it was before my time here on the Yard. Someday perhaps we will hear all....(although most of you probably already know the tale.)

Nah..not a great story. I made a post where I cut and pasted from the Tennessee site, but it was a paid article. I still had the old scout password that let me read those.

It was noticed by Maria, the Summitt mod and she wrote a nasty note to JS about it. He edited the post removing most of the stuff that was private.

Around a year later (maybe a year ago now) I posted a link to a press conference that was posted in youtube that I found on the Tennessee site. Since it was in a public domain, I figured posting the link was ok.

Maria went nuts. She called her sister who is an attorney and she advised her to call the FBI to report me. Really.

Well, it ends up that Maria made a mistake when she posted that press conference and didn't make it private so what I linked was perfectly fine. It was her mistake.

Still waiting for the apology and no, I never heard from the FBI.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
What kind of fair weather fan would miss one of the most important games of the year because of the sniffles? I'll match you tissue for tissue over the last week and still I managed to watch the game. :p Though I'll admit there may have been a wee bit of the Scotsman's remedy involved.

DD - Watch the game you recorded. Despite all the bullsheet here it really was a great game with lots to cheer about. The outcome sucked (can I say that here?) and there were more than a few "aw sheets" to go around but all in all it's worth watching.

Feel better. Despite all the naysayers, properly applied alcohol will help. I suggest taking it internally. The trick is to ingest enough so that you don't feel so bad but not so much that you feel worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom