I'm over it already... | The Boneyard

I'm over it already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For some reason, this doesn't kill me this year. Maybe b/c I half-expected it. Maybe b/c I'm still happy as about last year. Maybe b/c this team deserved this the way they slept-walked through the year. Maybe because at the end of the day it's just college kids playing a game? Maybe b/c we lost to a team whose strengths reflected our weaknesses? I don't know, but for some reason I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be. End of the day this team is made up of a bunch of Freshman and Sophomores, kids that can't even legally drink yet and are barely out of HS. Yes, they won a title last year but also EVERYTHING broke right at the end and Kemba was on a mission. Kemba wasn't coming through that door this year. They have talent, a TON of it, but it just never came together. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Hopefully they'll get a ruling soon w/ the NCAA, play in the tourney next year w/ this as a learning experience. I'm 99% sure Drummond will be back b/c his stock must've fallen A LOT and this year's class is loaded w/ big men. Lamb may leave, but I also think he may stay one more year. Have to see.

One final thought...you know we are one of the top programs in the NCAA when we lose a tourney game and all the announcers in the post-game show talk about UConn losing and now ISU winning.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
How dare you show logic and reason at a time like this!

Reaction Score
Honestly, it doesn't bother me either for some reason. I almost expected this to happen.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The loss I can live with. The way we lost is what's tough to swallow. I guess it's no use to stew over it, all we can do now is hope 2012-13 will be better.

Reaction Score
to be frank i did not enjoy this season at all, culminating in a painful game, where all but Scoe looked like they couldn't be bothered. likeable kids i'm sure, but certainly not on the court, at least not together. in retrospect, kemba's leadership was so underrated.

incidentally, did i imagine that AO waved Calhoun off when he was benched after the first TO? i hope i did...otherwise, i hope for his sake, the team and ours he plans to be a free agent (perhaps PAC-10) this offseason. such an enigma...i want to like him so much, and at times i think he is the big pappa of the team, then a few things don't go his way, and he comes completely undone. maybe he is just sour on calhoun...and/or vice versa.

Reaction Score
to be frank i did not enjoy this season at all, culminating in a painful game, where all but Scoe looked like they couldn't be bothered. likeable kids i'm sure, but certainly not on the court, at least not together. in retrospect, kemba's leadership was so underrated.

incidentally, did i imagine that AO waved Calhoun off when he was benched after the first TO? i hope i did...otherwise, i hope for his sake, the team and ours he plans to be a free agent (perhaps PAC-10) this offseason. such an enigma...i want to like him so much, and at times i think he is the big pappa of the team, then a few things don't go his way, and he comes completely undone. maybe he is just sour on calhoun...and/or vice versa.

Have to add Boat and Bazz to the bothered kids....they played hard to the end.......

As for alex, something happened in the 1st half and Blaney and JC had a discussion so he may have pissed him off........wouldn't have made any difference and won't if he leaves.......thanks for last year much appreciated but if that's all you have in your hear to wear a Husky uni and you leave for whatever reason, whether it be the APR or pissed at PT, SEE YA

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I mean, given the way we lost earlier in the season, can anyone really say they're shocked at how we lost today? There were some areas of improvement, but not enough to say we should have expected to beat ISU running away.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Too soon for me yet. I doubt I'll watch any games this tomorrow. That said I agree with the OP's points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom