I'm not the guy who sends demanding emails to the AD | The Boneyard

I'm not the guy who sends demanding emails to the AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
But I will be this week.

Actually, not an email, but a proper letter.

We just had the ACC tells us that we were small-time this week. Small-time is bringing back a coach who has no prospects for the kind of success that we need going forward. There are valid excuses as to why we're still in the conference, but at the end of it, they're still excuses and we're still stuck.

Let's see if we actually learned something. Coach P has to be bought out and let go.

We brought in an athletic director who played football at Michigan, I guess, because we were supposedly changing the way we did business - so let's change the way we do business and act like we're impatient to win and that half-measures are unacceptable. While UConn was brushing their teeth every morning, Tom Jurich was sharpening his - that is who we need to be.

So let's call a presser on Monday, say nice things about Paul and then start actively trying to win games while winning back the fans. Otherwise, fire Herbst and Manuel for all I care.

Reaction Score
You are right on the money.

We are either in or out. No middle ground.
Either we are going to work at playing big time football or we are content to be underwelming.

Maybe a season of 20,000 or less per game will get the admins. attention.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I agree, IF Mandel knows who he wants and can get him. If we are going to be snubbed by our top candidates, then P can stay until we find the guy. By stay, I mean one more year. If Warde can get his guy, then get him.

Reaction Score
Good you should, please explain to them how you run this forum and you are speaking for all of us who want PP and GDL fired. We are a passionate bunch and we all deserve some answers. Let them know how frustrating it is to all of us how after all the blood, sweat and tears of building something so great we now suddenly seem so small time. So many mistakes were made during the Hathaway years but with Herbst and Manuel in charge now is a time for big ideas and a grand vision for where our program is going. We all deserve better than what is going on right now. I hope many of us write the school, fishy your voice is important and I expect you will get a nice response.

Reaction Score
Well said Fish. I couldn't agree more. There has to be a sense of urgency for the university after the way the season and realignment went down. We need to be in the words of Swofford "exciting".

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Lots of big time job openings for CFB head coaches right now and I'm pretty sure the top candidates wouldn't have UConn on their shortlist if we had an opening. If Warde makes a move I pray his first call is to Don Brown.

F

fortebleedsblue

The football program is already collapsing. I heard many random fans through out the game voice their disgust with the coaches but one brought up a valid point... We are a mid major now... Are we going to be able to throw the same type of $$ that Rutgers throws for the next big name? Do we keep paying for a good coach with lack of state interest? The football program is starting to become a financial burden. The fan base is turned off...Louisville and Rutgers both made football and bball their priority and it's paying off. I keep hearing about grades and academics from Herbst and manual ... As if they don't know the grass foots of how it all came to be. Will they throw the right $$ for a rising coach? If they do they need a game plan in place to have a list of next in line coaches that fit our program. We should follow cinci's system.... When the lose Butch Davis im confident they'll move forward without missing a beat. It has to be a living list ... Hell hire someone just to maintain it... Also schedule a real fb season... The SEC and big may play OOC but they play
Egit big names in conference... Start a year with rhode island and buffalo .. With the biggest OOC being a vandy or Maryland along with the new big least well no one will give a .

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
With a quality coach, was there a single game on Uconns schedule that wasn't winnable?!

No. We beat the best team on the schedule in their own building.

Reaction Score
The excuse is that PP and DeLeone doesn't have their kids in yet, but thats bull ! theres so many coaches that are successful their first and second years without having their "own players". If we want to be big time we have to act big time and that starts with firing theses coaches, besides hank and brown of course.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The excuse is that PP and DeLeone doesn't have their kids in yet, but thats bull ****! theres so many coaches that are successful their first and second years without having their "own players". If we want to be big time we have to act big time and that starts with firing theses coaches, besides hank and brown of course.

Yep. Can't believe that I'm seeing that line trotted out on Twitter. It's so easily disarmed, too...

What have you seen in the last two seasons that makes you think that getting "his" guys will improve the results of running the same system?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I agree, IF Mandel knows who he wants and can get him. If we are going to be snubbed by our top candidates, then P can stay until we find the guy. By stay, I mean one more year. If Warde can get his guy, then get him.
What does Howie have to do with this?

images

Reaction Score
Ive been saying this for months. If PP is asked back, then you know the administration thinks they are stuck in the NNBE and there is no point in spending money to upgrade to a real coaching staff. the administration is saying that the program is MAC or worse level and will not have the financial resources to hire a staff that can recruit and play top-25 level football.

the next week may be just as important to the future of Uconn athletics as the past week was. this time the admin has some control over that, however

and please don't ask me who they should hire. My preference would be a coordinator at a big time program who plays great, hard-nosed fundamental football. I am convinced that coaching is about 80% of the scuccess of a college football team

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yep. Can't believe that I'm seeing that line trotted out on Twitter. It's so easily disarmed, too...

What have you seen in the last two seasons that makes you think that getting "his" guys will improve the results of running the same system?

Exactly. Plus, wasn't a reason that he got the nod to begin with is that he was an experienced hand that could work with the players he had and move the program forward. Instead, he killed all momentum. The "need your own guys" card only works when you take over for a losing coach.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Turnout !ng turnout embarrassing

Reaction Score
I'll give them til Monday before I go nuts.

Where are those couple of Pasqualistas who demanded our opinions of P & D change after the Ville game? It is so obvious this program is going nowhere but backwards under P.

Reaction Score
I have a letter written already. I didn't plan to send it until the end of the season, because that's the only time it will do any good.

Reaction Score
I'm not a guy who sends letters to AD's either. Until now I guess because I just sent one. I have nothing but high regard for coach P, but this does not seem like a good fit for the program at this time. I don't expect the press to advocate change, but anyone invested in this program certainly has the prerogative to respectfully show they have concerns about it's future.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Anyone willing to share their letters?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If PP and GDL are both still around next season I will probably lose my mind. GDL absolutely NEEDS to be fired. 10 second half points in Big East play? I have no way of checking but it wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't a record. If there isn't a good HC candidate out there that wants to come on board I would support giving Brown a shot at HC, making Hughes the DC and hiring a new OC. Make Foley the O-Line coach again and go from there.

Reaction Score
I've sent two emails to Warde this year. He replied to both in a thoughtful manner. Email three goes out tomorrow.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Anyone willing to share their letters?

here is what i put in the fb thread

"if he is coach on monday, war will be waged. i already made the university aware of this earlier. its that simple. i will have a list of emails that spread so far across the media that susan will have issues getting enough kids in 2014 to send applications to the school to fill a class that freshmen year. i will expose everything about this staff with hopefully some help from the BY. I will draft a message and i expect every fan to email it to all the email i list. wake up on tuesday and go to work and hit resend and for this to become a normal thing. i'm talking about a war on twitter, facebook and other sites i dont even know about yet but will google for blood thrist pain. i'm talking about emails to local sponsors, hish schools and other important people making them aware of what is really going on at the state u. its going to be bloody. they have till monday."

i think that everyone here should wait until monday, we should come up with a very thoughtful letter together and tart spreadign the message. to everyone that can read. they have until monday before i go to war if u guys dont join me. and if they havn't figured it out yet which i think they have(they told me to get rid of my great avi i had so i know they watch me) i will take care of recruits for the best of there lives and not uconns. thats a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom