I'm not sure if this means anything... | The Boneyard

I'm not sure if this means anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... but I got the opportunity to see the new logo this afternoon. In addition to the logo change, the jerseys will be slightly different as well. I won't go into too much detail, but I think people will like the changes made. While the new logo is different, my first thought was that it still screamed "UConn" and that people will certainly associate it with the university.

Anyway, when showing the new jersey for the men's basketball team, Shabazz's jersey was shown. It was #13 and had Napier printed across the back. Hopefully this is some indication that he is returning for his senior season.

It's the offseason, and we're going to have endless speculation about everything, so I thought I'd just pass this along. Take it for what you will.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
... but I got the opportunity to see the new logo this afternoon. In addition to the logo change, the jerseys will be slightly different as well. I won't go into too much detail, but I think people will like the changes made. While the new logo is different, my first thought was that it still screamed "UConn" and that people will certainly associate it with the university.

Anyway, when showing the new jersey for the men's basketball team, Shabazz's jersey was shown. It was #13 and had Napier printed across the back. Hopefully this is some indication that he is returning for his senior season.

It's the offseason, and we're going to have endless speculation about everything, so I thought I'd just pass this along. Take it for what you will.

When will it be revealed to the unwashed masses?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I thought someone posted that it will be made public April 18, which I imagine will allow us to see the new logo at the spring football game two days later.

Reaction Score
I don't think there's an exact date set yet, but I believe it will likely be in about a month.

Do you think we can wait a month? They better hurry up before I'm dead! ;)

Reaction Score
I thought someone posted that it will be made public April 18, which I imagine will allow us to see the new logo at the spring football game two days later.

Yeah, KO told a fan on Twitter it's going to be made public on 4/18.

Reaction Score

Is the new husky really mean looking? Is the name being changed?

Reaction Score
Is the new husky really mean looking? Is the name being changed?

I'm not sure about the name. For all I know, I believe it's staying as is.

But I wouldn't call the new logo mean. It's not as "I'm going to lick you" nice as the current logo, but the red tongue is still there which adds a "nice" feeling to it. But it's more fierce than the past logo. Essentially, I think it's being described as "mean" in relation to the last logo, but it's not angry by any stretch of the imagination.

Reaction Score

But I wouldn't call the new logo mean. It's not as "I'm going to lick you" nice as the current logo, but the red tongue is still there which adds a "nice" feeling to it. But it's more fierce than the past logo. Essentially, I think it's being described as "mean" in relation to the last logo, but it's not angry by any stretch of the imagination.

Thanks for the inside scoop, and I'm glad you like it. I'm ready to load up on some fresh UConn gear

Reaction Score
I wanna see! I wanna see!
I can't wait 3 damn weeks!
Where's Wiki-Leaks!?!?!?!

j/k - thanks for the post :)

Reaction Score

Would you say the new logo is similar to the Nordiques logo that was mentioned a couple weeks back?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364588984.769509.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
.... While the new logo is different, my first thought was that it still screamed "UConn" and that people will certainly associate it with the university.
Thanks for posting. One of "us" looking at it and being able to make that statement makes me feel better about the change.

Reaction Score

Like! LIKE! A thousand times like!

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan, I feel the ideal "Jonathan the Huskie" should represent UConn in a positive manner. I don't need him to look aggressive & fearful, but a strong, positive, confident leader! That's what sled dog leaders are known for... guiding their team. ala Napier this past year!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
As a UConn fan, I feel the ideal "Jonathan the Huskie" should represent UConn in a positive manner. I don't need him to look aggressive & fearful, but a strong, positive, confident leader! That's what sled dog leaders are known for... guiding their team. ala Napier this past year!

1) Husky.
2) It's a duck*ing dog logo, not a spiritual movement.
3) I hope they put John Swofford's arm in its jaws.

Reaction Score
I've heard that it will. Apparently the name 'Murray the Malamute' tested well.

The sad thing is, this is so good that it's hard to tell if you're being serious!

Reaction Score
1) Husky.

Well, you will just be disappointed with that point of view... Negatvity never wins. Keep hoping to be a brutal bully, but I'd rather UConn to be represented in a positive light. No need to respond, I've read you other negative posts.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
1) Husky.
I actually want to see him take a chunk out of Emmert's ass. After that he can hump his leg.

Reaction Score
1) Husky.

Is number 3 part of your new anger management program? I would of thought his a** at least, but this is progress on your part, and I complement you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom