I'm not down. UConn fans should look forward to a good conference... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

I'm not down. UConn fans should look forward to a good conference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How is it more or less valuable? The Fiesta is the Fiesta. Either way, it doesn't decide the championship. Oklahoma, for instance, was ranked 7th the year Boise played them. Either way, it was irrelevant.

Much less? Boise came out of the WAC and had to deal with one conference, the BE, having an autobid that took opportunities away from the non-BCS schools.

It's less valuable because with a playoff in place even fewer people will care about bowls. It's less access for the very reason you state. Now the Big East teams are competing for the same bid - the Big East's auto bid helped non BCS teams because their potential low ranking unlocked the top 16 piece. See this year and Northern Illinois.

Had UConn not beaten Louisville does N. Ill qualify?

Reaction Score
It's less valuable because with a playoff in place even fewer people will care about bowls. It's less access for the very reason you state. Now the Big East teams are competing for the same bid - the Big East's auto bid helped non BCS teams because their potential low ranking unlocked the top 16 piece. See this year and Northern Illinois.

Had UConn not beaten Louisville does N. Ill qualify?

I wasn't arguing that UConn had more access. I was saying they have as much access as Boise did years ago. Big difference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wasn't arguing that UConn had more access. I was saying they have as much access as Boise did years ago. Big difference.

If that is your argument it's probably close. That access is still less valuable than it used to be, and UConn and the Big East schools are probably at a disadvantage since it's harder to go undefeated in the Big East still and they will get no credit for a tougher schedule than MW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom