I'm not a big fan of bootlicking, but UConn's got to win some friends,might as well start with Michi | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm not a big fan of bootlicking, but UConn's got to win some friends,might as well start with Michi

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
One must have hope...

Oh, I still have hope. I just don't want to tie the hope to the Michigan game. I'd rather tie the hope to all of our national championships and bowl games and high-ranking academics and large public land grant university status, et cetera, et cetera...:cool:

Reaction Score
If WM had a clue he would use the Michigan game as a stepping stone for a B1G invite. He should invite Delany and other B1G officials and show them what a great location the Rent is in - very convenient for B1G alumni all across New England and the Tri-State area to attend. Best tailgating in the northeast. When packed, the Rent is rocking.

He should also have SNY (possibly NESN) do their pregame and postgame shows from the Rent to show that we matter from NYC to Boston.

Add temporary seating and SRO tickets and increase Michigan's allotment to about 10,000 (if they request that amount) to show that we are willing to work with B1G schools to accommodate their fans.

Furthermore WM needs to start scheduling OOC games in football and basketball against B1G school - especially RU. It's the best way to develop relations with those schools and their respective fanbases and media. Schools like Iowa and Minnesota have a hard time attracting quality OOC games in basketball and would be stoked to have a school like UConn visit them.

Reaction Score
Oh, BS. Offering to move a home out of state on the hopes that someone will like us reeks of desperation. No one likes desperate, it's a turn-off. If they move the game it will be the 1st home game I miss in the D-1 era. Screw it.

What reeks of desperation is desperation and everyone knows we are. If you don't think so I've got nice set of new clothes the emporer only wore once I can let you have relatively cheap.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If WM had a clue he would use the Michigan game as a stepping stone for a B1G invite. He should invite Delany and other B1G officials and show them what a great location the Rent is in - very convenient for B1G alumni all across New England and the Tri-State area to attend. Best tailgating in the northeast. When packed, the Rent is rocking.

He should also have SNY (possibly NESN) do their pregame and postgame shows from the Rent to show that we matter from NYC to Boston.

Add temporary seating and SRO tickets and increase Michigan's allotment to about 10,000 (if they request that amount) to show that we are willing to work with B1G schools to accommodate their fans.

Furthermore WM needs to start scheduling OOC games in football and basketball against B1G school - especially RU. It's the best way to develop relations with those schools and their respective fanbases and media. Schools like Iowa and Minnesota have a hard time attracting quality OOC games in basketball and would be stoked to have a school like UConn visit them.

Fantastic post!

For all the people who have spent time recently emailing Warde or Susan, you should send this email along with it! These are the types of ideas that we need to propel ourselves to the next level...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Completely agree. It's our best chance to sell the gameday experience at UConn and show just how quick of a commute it is to get to from NYC and/or Boston (depending on where they are located). I'd love nothing more than to add temporary bleachers to the social hour club area by the scoreboard. We need to put our best football foot forward for this game...not our best happy hour and the football is secondary foot!

Reaction Score
Fantastic post!

For all the people who have spent time recently emailing Warde or Susan, you should send this email along with it! These are the types of ideas that we need to propel ourselves to the next level...

Ideas like the ones I posted are a dime a dozen on The Boneyard. We should not have to send these to them, they should be monitoring social media and forums like these to get ideas and understand their fans better. That is what any decent business would do. If the staff at the Athletic Department are not reading what fans are posting on Twitter, Facebook, blogs and forums they are even more incompetent than we have been led to believe.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Ideas like these are a dime a dozen on The Boneyard. We should not have to send these to them, they should be monitoring social media and forums like these to get ideas and understand their fans better. That is what any decent business would do. If the staff at the Athletic Department are not reading what fans are posting on Twitter, Facebook, blogs and forums they are even more incompetent than we have been led to believe.
Who says they don't. The FSU president monitors The Dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom