I'm like a timex watch, I just keep on ticking......... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm like a timex watch, I just keep on ticking.........

Reaction Score
To all the BYers thanks for your support and positive feedback on my heart surgery! Once again you've proven you're an awesome group!
I also want to thank the one's that said they enjoy my posts as I try to have a somewhat intelligent outlook on UCONN & WBB as a whole! I am not a believer in UCONN has to win a NCAA title to have a successful season!
My main wish is that the girls stay healthy, no serious injuries or illnesses and let the chips fall where they may!
I'm really looking forward to this season because they have some new interesting pieces to the puzzle to play with.
Thanks again!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yesterday afternoon around 4:30pm I got Home from L&M Hospital after they gave me a NEW PACEMAKER and 3 wires on Wednesday the 24th!
1 Wire from left side of my pacemaker to the left side of my heart and 2 wires from the right side of the pacemaker to the right side of my heart!
My Cardiac Doctors are thrilled, it went better than expected!
I'm hoping that this turns things around for me as heart trouble and COPD are enough to bear for 1 guy!

I’ve been in the hospital since Wednesday (kidney surgery). Feeling 100% better today. Sat/Sun was rough. It hurts when they cut on you. Should be released tomorrow. I haven’t posted during this time, but I’ve logged in daily to keep up with the latest news and notes. It’s a bear getting old. Things don’t work like they use to, and sometimes we start leaking oil. Stay tough and hang in there. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Wow, Carnac - glad you’re feeling better. Hope you improve another 100% today. Keep on keeping on. We need your perspicacity going into this next season.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I’ve been in the hospital since Wednesday (kidney surgery). Feeling 100% better today. Sat/Sun was rough. It hurts when they cut on you. Should be released tomorrow. I haven’t posted during this time, but I’ve logged in daily to keep up with the latest news and notes. It’s a bear getting old. Things don’t work like they use to, and sometimes we start leaking oil. Stay tough and hang in there. Go Huskies.
Wow. You really should have seen that coming.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. Hope you are feeling better soon!)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Cohenzone, you want dating? Maxwell House - good to the last drop. And that drop's good to.
Oh yeah. Did you know John Cameron Swayze was one of the first nightly TV dinner hour newsmen with a whole 15 minutes? Sponsored by Camels. Take that and stuff it in your Studebaker. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My, my. Martin Kane, Private Eye. Starring William Gargen and Lloyd Nolan and brought to you by The United States Tobacco Company. Followed by sign-off at ten pm. And the Studebaker was the single most uncomfortable car ever designed. I had to sit in the back sear of one in 1955 from North Carolina to Pittsburgh and my back has never been the same since.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My, my. Martin Kane, Private Eye. Starring William Gargen and Lloyd Nolan and brought to you by The United States Tobacco Company. Followed by sign-off at ten pm. And the Studebaker was the single most uncomfortable car ever designed. I had to sit in the back sear of one in 1955 from North Carolina to Pittsburgh and my back has never been the same since.
I had twin aunts who owned one. Yours Truly Johnny Dollar do you know him, The Shadow Knows. And he knows how to hijack a thread that doesn’t deserve it.

Reaction Score
To all the BYers thanks for your support and positive feedback on my heart surgery! Once again you've proven you're an awesome group!
I also want to thank the one's that said they enjoy my posts as I try to have a somewhat intelligent outlook on UCONN & WBB as a whole! I am not a believer in UCONN has to win a NCAA title to have a successful season!
My main wish is that the girls stay healthy, no serious injuries or illnesses and let the chips fall where they may!
I'm really looking forward to this season because they have some new interesting pieces to the puzzle to play with.
Thanks again!
Amen to that Rsher. Cannot wait for the season to begin. Hopefully all games will be played and we will be on the high end of the score for each one.

Reaction Score
I had twin aunts who owned one. Yours Truly Johnny Dollar do you know him, The Shadow Knows. And he knows how to hijack a thread that doesn’t deserve it.
Just remember, The Weed Of Crime Bears Bitter Fruit. (Brought to you by Blue Coal and starring a young Orsen Wells)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Get better soon ,@Carnac . Not sure where you are hospitalized, but it is always good to get out of hospitals. Never truer than now.

Reaction Score
Yesterday afternoon around 4:30pm I got Home from L&M Hospital after they gave me a NEW PACEMAKER and 3 wires on Wednesday the 24th!
1 Wire from left side of my pacemaker to the left side of my heart and 2 wires from the right side of the pacemaker to the right side of my heart!
I'm hoping that this turns things around for me as heart trouble and COPD are enough to bear for 1 guy!
just saw this, Coach. can't keep an old wrestler down. just keep bridging!

Carnac

Reaction Score
Get better soon ,@Carnac . Not sure where you are hospitalized, but it is always good to get out of hospitals. Never truer than now.

Finally!! They’re sending me home. A typical 2-3 day stay that turned into 7. No visitors allowed because of the COVID virus. Having access to the boneyard made it bearable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Carnac, hope everything keeps getting better. Don't know what hospital you are in but hope they are treating you like the first class boneyarder you are. Yea, as you get older it takes a little longer to mend but you sound like you are in the right frame of mind. Not that much longer till November and finding out if Paige is the real deal. By the way, just to keep you up to date - Azzi Fudd.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Good for you.

I have 3 stents and a defibrillator whose battery will need replacement in a year or two.
I had a silent heart attack at 53 and ended with an ejection fraction of 45. Fifteen years later, I had a v-tach episode which put me in the hospital for 11 days. The result was 2 stents and the defibrillator.
Three years later, I got zapped by the defibrillator( not fun) and was put on mexiletine. Another v-tach episode followed 3 months later which put me in the hospital for 4 days, leading to another stent and a dosage increase to the recommended maximum. After the hospital stay, I was throwing pvcs like crazy which led to the addition of sotalol after another defibrillator zap, gradually increasing the dosage from 80, then 120 then 160 mg. That was 3 years ago. No issues since.
I currently have an ejection fraction of 55 (not bad). It sure isn't fun to get old.
I should have a cardiac ablation but time will tell. I think my cardiologist is afraid he might kill me trying it.
You have had a rough go of it. Good luck in the future. And please disappoint your cardio doc!

Reaction Score
Hey @Carnac, glad the surgery went well and you have gotten yourself HOME!!! It is easy to read about someone having heavy duty surgery with a long hospital stay and recovery period, but the reality is that there is a bunch of pain and anxiety that don't translate to the page. Hang in @Carnac and @RSHERMVIKES. You have a Boneyard of friends and well-wishers. In fact A. Fudd told me just this morning that when she joins the team that she wants to meet you two to be sure everything is ok and to thank you for your support of all things Huskies.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Hey @Carnac, glad the surgery went well and you have gotten yourself HOME!!! It is easy to read about someone having heavy duty surgery with a long hospital stay and recovery period, but the reality is that there is a bunch of pain and anxiety that don't translate to the page. Hang in @Carnac and @RSHERMVIKES. You have a Boneyard of friends and well-wishers. In fact A. Fudd told me just this morning that when she joins the team that she wants to meet you two to be sure everything is ok and to thank you for your support of all things Huskies.

Cool. Thanks and one, I appreciate your comments. You are correct about the pain. I would love to meet Azzi, and take a picture with her. But then I’d like to meet all of our girls and take a group pic. :)

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Tick on, bro!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom