I'm like a timex watch, I just keep on ticking......... | The Boneyard

I'm like a timex watch, I just keep on ticking.........

Reaction Score
Yesterday afternoon around 4:30pm I got Home from L&M Hospital after they gave me a NEW PACEMAKER and 3 wires on Wednesday the 24th!
1 Wire from left side of my pacemaker to the left side of my heart and 2 wires from the right side of the pacemaker to the right side of my heart!
My Cardiac Doctors are thrilled, it went better than expected!
I'm hoping that this turns things around for me as heart trouble and COPD are enough to bear for 1 guy!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yesterday afternoon around 4:30pm I got Home from L&M Hospital after they gave me a NEW PACEMAKER and 3 wires on Wednesday the 24th!
1 Wire from left side of my pacemaker to the left side of my heart and 2 wires from the right side of the pacemaker to the right side of my heart!
My Cardiac Doctors are thrilled, it went better than expected!
I'm hoping that this turns things around for me as heart trouble and COPD are enough to bear for 1 guy!
You are the $6 million Boneyarder!!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
1593210353860.png

Reaction Score
Way to go RSHERMVIKES! Keep up the good work and keep moving forward. Its great that a lot of us older dogs (and some pups, too) can give each other some electronic reinforcement here on the boneyard.

I am in my ninth decade, so, Scud49, I can remember John Cameron Swayze doing the “takes a licking and keeps on ticking“ commercials in the ‘60s and also his doing news broadcasts in the late 40’s and early 50’s. Its fun to reminisce but its exciting to be able to look forward; right RSHERMVIKES?

Reaction Score
Good for you.

I have 3 stents and a defibrillator whose battery will need replacement in a year or two.
I had a silent heart attack at 53 and ended with an ejection fraction of 45. Fifteen years later, I had a v-tach episode which put me in the hospital for 11 days. The result was 2 stents and the defibrillator.
Three years later, I got zapped by the defibrillator( not fun) and was put on mexiletine. Another v-tach episode followed 3 months later which put me in the hospital for 4 days, leading to another stent and a dosage increase to the recommended maximum. After the hospital stay, I was throwing pvcs like crazy which led to the addition of sotalol after another defibrillator zap, gradually increasing the dosage from 80, then 120 then 160 mg. That was 3 years ago. No issues since.
I currently have an ejection fraction of 55 (not bad). It sure isn't fun to get old.
I should have a cardiac ablation but time will tell. I think my cardiologist is afraid he might kill me trying it.

Reaction Score
Rshermvikes, you take a licking and keep on ticking. There are too many good movies to watch, good music to listen to, and great basketball (hopefully) coming up. Not to mention we like your posts. One day at a time Rsh.

Reaction Score
RSHERM: just caught up to this great news. Nice going to one of my favorite Yarders. To boost your spirits even more, I know several folks who have gone thru the same and have continued to do well and be problem free for a loooong period of time. Stay well!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
mvikes:

Congrats...they do wonderful things to keep the heart bouncing along these days...my wife has a simple function pacemaker
that just reminds her's when the beating rate gets low.

I had the open heart deal last fall...feel great...now if I could only get rid of the 15 pounds that forced enclosure and too much rich food cost me.....

Reaction Score
Hey there Rshermvikes: I hope, hope, hope that your new retrofit improves your quality of life big time. Those that I've know that have had by-passes and pacemakers installed all have been very happy with the result.

So what is the preferred diminutive for Rshermvikes? We have two in this thread - Rsherm and mvikes. Or are you like the Michael's who just want to be Michael, not Mike thank you. Either way, hang in dude!!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So what is the preferred diminutive for Rshermvikes? We have two in this thread - Rsherm and mvikes. Or are you like the Michael's who just want to be Michael, not Mike thank you. Either way, hang in dude!!
Coach?

Reaction Score
Holy cow, Pounchofan. I don't even know what most. of what you said means, I just hope you've had lots of sweet nurses tending to you.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Good news!
Now, turn the boost pressure up to 22psi and advance the timing a couple degrees (of course you will need to eat high octane food from now on) and you should be turning the fastest times ever. . .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom