OT: - Im headed to the Grand Canyon. What would you suggest i see there? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Im headed to the Grand Canyon. What would you suggest i see there?

Reaction Score
That's what i heard. My wife left me so I really need to show the kids a good time so they love me more.
Have you ever tried base jumping?

Reaction Score
I think Bobby and Cindy Brady may still be looking for that Native American kid. Pack some hotdogs in your flashlight and see if you can find them

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Check out the red rocks in Sedona if you have time. Take a Jeep tour. Check out the lava tubes in Flagstaff.
Nearly broke my back on a Sedona Jeep ride. I enjoyed the plane ride over the Canyon and walked about a third of the way down the trail before deciding I didn’t want to torture myself on the climb back up.

I liked Bryce at least as much as the GC. Zion is pretty but not spectacular like Bryce. Never made Arches. The small town of Williams AZ along old Rt. 66 is intentionally stuck in the 1950s. It has,if still there, a great pie place. More kinds of fresh baked pies than I’d ever seen in one place. There’s an old time train ride from there up to the Canyon.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That's what i heard. My wife left me so I really need to show the kids a good time so they love me more.
Sounds like you should just make a brief stop there and head to Wally World then.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Don't know what time of year you plan on going but check temperatures.

429's assessment of the donkey ride into the canyon is accurate. Plus the trails are narrow and overlook steep drops. My wife and I went in summer. Temps in the canyon were well over 100 degrees. All of us were miserable. Ride up I was behind only the guide. My donkey farted the entire way up. People behind my steed were pretty angry with me when we reached the top. As if I had anything to do with the animals behavior. Given your handle you may want to take the trip someday on your own.

I'd consider Mesa Verde and the Durango to Silverado train ride. You can also check out the new wall being built on the Colorado border. :cool:

Reaction Score
Grand Canyon is nice but after staring at it for a couple hours, unless you plan on doing some hiking, not sure how long you wish to stay there. I loved the Sedona area. Probably would of done some more hiking there if i had the chance.

Reaction Score
DSC02612.jpg

Reaction Score
Just got back from there last weekend. Did a personal Retreat in Sedona / Cottonwood. Wednesday was 1.5 mile hike down into the Canyon on the Bright Angel Trail. Definitely worth the hike in - took about just under 2 hours. Layer up if it's a cold day.

Definitely do the Cathedral Rock Hike in Sedona if you can - largest Vortex area. I did most of the hikes there and that was the most amazing. Bell Rock is a really nice area too.

Quick stops: Chapel of the Holy Cross is nice . Airport has also a really nice view you can park and hang out quick without all the hiking if you don't have the time.

Devils Bridge is pretty cool but too many people in too small an area. Kind of ruined the mood for me being all Zen'd out.

Flagstaff has some good restaurants and there's good Breweries and wine places if you're looking. Didn't spend much time there.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Send me a picture if you see a coyote tricking a roadrunner to run off the ledge. I've wanted to see that for decades.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't know what time of year you plan on going but check temperatures.

429's assessment of the donkey ride into the canyon is accurate. Plus the trails are narrow and overlook steep drops. My wife and I went in summer. Temps in the canyon were well over 100 degrees. All of us were miserable. Ride up I was behind only the guide. My donkey farted the entire way up. People behind my steed were pretty angry with me when we reached the top. As if I had anything to do with the animals behavior. Given your handle you may want to take the trip someday on your own.

I'd consider Mesa Verde and the Durango to Silverado train ride. You can also check out the new wall being built on the Colorado border. :cool:

Blame it on the donkey.

Reaction Score
Been to most of the National Parks out there. Zion and the hike in The Narrows is one of my all time favorites.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just take care with the family photo ops

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member