OT: - Im headed to the Grand Canyon. What would you suggest i see there? | The Boneyard

OT: Im headed to the Grand Canyon. What would you suggest i see there?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Hit me with your suggestions Fam.
How much time do you have? See everything of the Canyon that you can, both rims and if you can donkey down, do it. Then if time permits, there are several other locations that merit a stop: Bryce Canyon, Zion Canyon and Arches National Park.

Reaction Score
Check out the red rocks in Sedona if you have time. Take a Jeep tour. Check out the lava tubes in Flagstaff.

Reaction Score
Side note. I have a special needs daughter and a manically depressed son. Will they enjoy the donkey rides?

Reaction Score
If you go to Sedona from Flagstaff take 89A . Its an experience.
Flag is a a neat college town , NAU ,but too cold for me this time of year as is the Canyon.
The Canyon railroad from Williams is a lazy way to see the it.
If your flying into Phoenix I love Montezuma’s castle ,
actually cliff dwellings of a people related to the Pueblo’s.abandoned in the 13th or 14th century. and right off 17.
People also love monument valley near the four corners region but it’s a hike.
Arizona is pretty big so time will dictate your itinerary..
Your not going to the tropics so cool night time temps are pretty normal even at 1800 ft (Phoenix). The Canyon is around 7,000 ft, Sedona 3500-4000
elevation not latitude determine temps

Reaction Score
south rim is like an amusement park whereas the north rim is a classic national park. to each their own but i loved the north rim. stayed at the Grand Canyon Lodge. it's the only thing there besides views and hiking trails.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Check out Antelope Canyon nearby the north rim. If you have time take a drive up through Glenn Canyon rec area and Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument.

Reaction Score
south rim is like an amusement park whereas the north rim is a classic national park. to each their own but i loved the north rim. stayed at the Grand Canyon Lodge. it's the only thing there besides views and hiking trails.
My wife used to enjoy my south rim. Ex-wife

Reaction Score
Always thought the raft ride through it would be fun... then I got old.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
There is a Travel thread among the forums and the top thread is Grand Canyon.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Side note. I have a special needs daughter and a manically depressed son. Will they enjoy the donkey rides?
The maniacally depressed son will like some of the donkey rides and dislike the rest.

Reaction Score
Check out Antelope Canyon nearby the north rim. If you have time take a drive up through Glenn Canyon rec area and Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument.

Second this. Antelope Canyon is a must see if you travel into that area. It's on the Navajo reservation so you need to book through them and they provide the transportation and a Navajo guide. They offer a couple of tours and be sure to bring a camera. Glenn Canyon is a great place as well and if you go try to take a float on the Colorado. They also offer tours for the Glenn Canyon dam.

Reaction Score
From the South Rim hike down to Skelton Point - good day hike; in Sedona hike / walk to the suspended bridge (it's a little difficult to find), the town of Gerome is fun to visit, and the natural rock slides between Gerome and Sedona are fun (but it may be a little cool this time of year).

Reaction Score
The walk along the South Rim (starting point at the visitors center) all the way to the South Kaibab Trail head is very nice. My two young kids and I hiked down the trail to the Ooh La La Point and then returned. Great day out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom