I'm getting that well-known Itch | The Boneyard

I'm getting that well-known Itch

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
So we play Butler...another scrimmage-like affair and then hustle over to Knoxville.

In the meantime Tennessee through trial and error, reasonable coaching and playing mucho games against reasonable opponents...is improving, learning how to win...to utilize their talent, entered the top-25 and will not be a push-over.

Are we looking at a reverse (whatever the year was), when they first came to Gampel;
we beat em and the UConn legend was born. Not impossible, I say...

As I write this Georgia's made a run and is just down 6

But who knows anything?...As I say...I have that St John's itch.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
So we play Butler...another scrimmage-like affair and then hustle over to Knoxville.

In the meantime Tennessee through trial and error, reasonable coaching and playing mucho games against reasonable opponents...is improving, learning how to win...to utilize their talent, entered the top-25 and will not be a push-over.

Are we looking at a reverse (whatever the year was), when they first came to Gampel;
we beat em and the UConn legend was born. Not impossible, I say...

As I write this Georgia's made a run and is just down 6

But who knows anything?...As I say...I have that St John's itch.
I think it calls for St John's wort!

Reaction Score
I'm also watching that game. First time i heard about Butler game was when Holly Roe was hyping UConn/Tenn game. Tenn looks good at times and real lazy or disinterested at others. Not consistent. 3 point game with a min to go.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
UTenn surely had a god-awful 2nd half after playing pretty decently at the outset..
And the Lady Vol board is on the warpath for the sloppy, lazy play, coaching similarities to the past et al...

My itch...which is a little better, but not gone...is based on introspection...I don't think Geno is completely sure whom he has and who he can count on, Paige excepted...perhaps Evina (if she feels ok).

For sure, they've never self-immolated in the ridiculous manner that the Vols did tonight...still...We're far from there...

Last edited:

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I was starting to become proud of your increasing optimism over the years. Don't backslide on me now!

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Yeah, for me it was the rash I got from Amoxicillin. Had to stop taking it.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I've been hoping since last season that Evina would lead us down in Knoxville like Chuck Norris cleaning up a bar fight.

Thanks to all the canceled/postponed games and low level of competition we have not developed as we should have and I share 's concern. Tennessee is much more prepared (more/better games) and will be HIGHLY motivated by the echos of an ancient rivalry and the whuppin' they took last year.

We'll see how the scrimmage against Butler goes but... Yeah. Concerned.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We will pressure the ball against Tenn, they wont be able to handle Liv and Evina cant wait to get even with them. With that said it doesnt matter what Tenn thinks or how much playtime they have this season they find a way to loose.

Reaction Score
Tenn will play tough in the 1st then dwindle in the 2nd half. Mark my words UCONN 66 Tenn 55

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
We will pressure the ball against Tenn, they wont be able to handle Liv and Evina cant wait to get even with them. With that said it doesnt matter what Tenn thinks or how much playtime they have this season they find a way to loose.
I would agree pressure and pressing are the way forward. Haven't watched the LV more than a couple minutes this year, but in last year's game they had 27 turnovers. A repeat of that stat would be most appreciated. Still concerned though. ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom