I'm Back with the HYPE | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I'm Back with the HYPE

pj

Reaction Score
In a recent interview Hurley said his choice at the 4 was to go small with Polley and Sid Wilson, or large with Whaley and Yakwe and Mamadou when he's back. That tells me he sees Carlton and Cobb at the 5, and doesn't see Kwintin as a major contributor. The fact that Kwintin wasn't given the option of another year after this one also indicates they don't see him as a major contributor.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In a recent interview Hurley said his choice at the 4 was to go small with Polley and Sid Wilson, or large with Whaley and Yakwe and Mamadou when he's back. That tells me he sees Carlton and Cobb at the 5, and doesn't see Kwintin as a major contributor. The fact that Kwintin wasn't given the option of another year after this one also indicates they don't see him as a major contributor.

How do you know he wasn't given the option? I thought it was his choice.

Reaction Score
The fact that Kwintin wasn't given the option of another year after this one also indicates they don't see him as a major contributor.
You mean a redshirt year this season? Because he only has 1 more year of eligibility left. He's already 24 years old so even if given the choice he might not have wanted to stay until he's 25 (and almost 26 since his birthday is in August).

But I'd agree that he's probably not in Hurley's plans. Hurley probably wants as many scholarships as possible for 2019 to start turning the ship around with his guys.

C

Chief00

Dan Hurley would be no more capable of predicting how much Williams will play. If asked, in a candid moment, he'd probably say something very close to what @Chief00 said. It doesn't take much insight to come to that conclusion either, I think it is obvious to anyone who follows the team closely.

Williams isn't a very good basketball player. He has some physicality and will rebound. If you need somebody to come in, bang some people around, give a few fouls and rebound, he's the guy. I would rate his chance at minutes dead last of all the guys on the roster. If the light bulb goes off midseason, it's possible that could be wrong. Diarra being out opens up some potential minutes. The guy who I think has a real chance at an upside surprise is Cobb. Cobb is strong, moves well and has some real basketball skills. His leaner frame should help him guard out to the perimeter.
Quite frankly, you are on target.

C

Chief00

Great analysis. Yeah, how often does Admissions reopen the books and reclassifies someone out of boredom? That’s not how state bureaucracies work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom