I'm Back with the HYPE | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm Back with the HYPE

Reaction Score
Wow I don’t remember that many highlights last year :)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not into the music but it fits well
This is a great montage
AWESOME JOB
Thanks so much

Reaction Score
If Gilbert is a 100% recovered and remains healthy the entire season as does everyone else that changes the entire outlook for this team
Absolutely
This team becomes one of our best on ball pressure defensive teams with Gilbert.
Vital, and a rested Adams , plus Smith (allegedly)can all get after the opposing guards. In some ways it’s reminds a bit of a smaller 1989-90. Where defense is used to hide a lack of inside power.
Although I think Carlton as a sophomore is better than freshman Sellers. And we have a rim protector in Yakwe.
We obviously don’t have plastic man Nadav at 6’7 or the 6’7” Uber athleticism of Burrell , or even 6’5” Tate out front but we will still be tough. Williams and Whaley are wild cards both have size and athleticism.
I see this team as old school defensively oriented with Gilbert as the catalyst.

Reaction Score
Really hoping Williams will be used for his athleticism and energy. If he can defend the perimeter as well as near the rim, rebound, and dunk he'll be a major factor going forward this season. 2:24

Yes sir. Casual fans or fans who know little about UConn would think Kwintin Williams is a major player on UConn after seeing his dunks featured so prominently in this video. Maybe this year?

C

Chief00

Really hoping Williams will be used for his athleticism and energy. If he can defend the perimeter as well as near the rim, rebound, and dunk he'll be a major factor going forward this season. 2:24

Chief always gives it straight. At this point, Chief doesn’t believe Kwintin is a major part of Coach Hurley's plans. That could change because he’s physical but that’s where it stands today.

Reaction Score
Me too. I think this guy has untapped potential. To bad he got such a late start. If Hurley can get him to where he is not lost out there on the court, he could become an intergal member of the team.

Reaction Score
Chief always gives it straight. At this point, Chief doesn’t believe Kwintin is a major part of Coach Hurley's plans. That could change because he’s physical but that’s where it stands today.
Why is that Chief? Is it because he is in his last year, and just to far behind in B.B. IQ?

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Why is that Chief? Is it because he is in his last year, and just to far behind in B.B. IQ?
Maybe because he should have never gotten a scholarship to UConn?

C

Chief00

The thing that Williams has going for him is not his dunking but being able to play physical , so it’s not inconceivable at some point Coach Hurley will get fed up with someone else being pushed around and put him in. But, yes he did get a very late start on competitive basketball. His understanding of the game is not gradually built brick by brick over many years.

Reaction Score
The thing that Williams has going for him is not his dunking but being able to play physical , so it’s not inconceivable at some point Coach Hurley will get fed up with someone else being pushed around and put him in. But, yes he did get a very late start on competitive basketball. His understanding of the game is not gradually built brick by brick over many years.

Well whether he plays or not, looks like Chief has predicted it. You’ve got both sides covered on this one (as usual).

Reaction Score

One solid way for Kwintin to earn minutes would be to channel his leaping ability, physicality, and motor into becoming an effective interior rebounder. We need that, especially with Mamadou down for a minute. I know there are instincts and skills involved; hopefully he's picking this stuff up and getting after it.

Reaction Score
One solid way for Kwintin to earn minutes would be to channel his leaping ability, physicality, and motor into becoming an effective interior rebounder. We need that, especially with Mamadou down for a minute. I know there are instincts and skills involved; hopefully he's picking this stuff up and getting after it.

Amen. Rodman did it so maybe Kwintin can have a remarkable rebirth as our Dennis the Menace.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

EOD only thing that matters is what happens on the court. If he plays well when he gets on the court, then he'll earn more minutes.

Reaction Score
Understood that casual fans seek simple answers. Sometimes ball is more complicated.

Yes, and casual posters make casual (and extremely vague) predictions. I don’t blame Chief. It’s hard predicting things in advance when you rely on newspaper and social media for your information.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes, and casual posters make casual (and extremely vague) predictions. I don’t blame Chief. It’s hard predicting things in advance when you rely on newspaper and social media for your information.

Dan Hurley would be no more capable of predicting how much Williams will play. If asked, in a candid moment, he'd probably say something very close to what @Chief00 said. It doesn't take much insight to come to that conclusion either, I think it is obvious to anyone who follows the team closely.

Williams isn't a very good basketball player. He has some physicality and will rebound. If you need somebody to come in, bang some people around, give a few fouls and rebound, he's the guy. I would rate his chance at minutes dead last of all the guys on the roster. If the light bulb goes off midseason, it's possible that could be wrong. Diarra being out opens up some potential minutes. The guy who I think has a real chance at an upside surprise is Cobb. Cobb is strong, moves well and has some real basketball skills. His leaner frame should help him guard out to the perimeter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom