I'm Anti Anti-Edsall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm Anti Anti-Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought that as well initially, but have seen/read enough that I'm able to find potential silver linings. Outside of our record, things are looking up. There are some young players that show potential. The schedule is most certainly looking better. Establish local rivalries and throw in some attractive H/H and P5 buy games and I think the program has a better chance of survival than they did in the AAC. I'm waiting on the TV contract to see where we're at financially. But these things give me hope. RE does not, but like a couple others have stated, maybe he can still evaluate of talent. It must start showing next season.
For Christmas I asked for a new OC. Hope I've been good.
And a good QB

Reaction Score
I fully agree. Which is the reason why football isn't safe.
I'll say this here as well. If schools like Buffalo, Old Dominion and Coastal Carolina can play FBS football and UConn can't then the people running UConn really suck.

Want fans in the stand you can't be a total waste of time. There has to be hope for a win and at minimum you have show competency which hasn't been seen in a few years.

Reaction Score
Alright BusinessPudge,

Since you injected the word “rational” let’s go there.

This is UConn Football at the moment: “Let’s keep ramming the car into the telephone pole and maybe things will get better.“

He’s already not doing what you said in the points you laid out.

What you are ignoring is the harm being done in the interim that maybe, probably can to be undone.

If you guys think that the fanbase enthusiasm is perfectly elastic and that things will come back the way the were before no matter how long UConn takes do something then you have another thing coming.

You don’t just come back from a decade of ineptitude which is what you’re asking people to accept.

Reaction Score
I'll say this here as well. If schools like Buffalo, Old Dominion and Coastal Carolina can play FBS football and UConn can't then the people running UConn really suck.

Want fans in the stand you can't be a total waste of time. There has to be hope for a win and at minimum you have show competency which hasn't been seen in a few years.

But none of them played at a higher level. Their fan bases -- small as they are -- are fine at the low level of G6. Will ours be? I certainly don't have interest in that.

Reaction Score
But none of them played at a higher level. Their fan bases -- small as they are -- are fine at the low level of G6. Will ours be? I certainly don't have interest in that.
Oh. You're still holding on to the P5 dream? Didn't know that. I just want to watch good competitive FBS football.

Reaction Score
Oh. You're still holding on to the P5 dream? Didn't know that. I just want to watch good competitive FBS football.

P5 is an artificial line. The quality of the American in football was fine. I know there were problems with us in the conference, and the fit was God awful, but the quality of the football was fine. I want to be able to compete at that level again. I don't need to be in Michigan's conference, but if I go to a place like the Big House once every 6 or 8 years I want to go thinking I can win the game, as I did in 2010.

Reaction Score
I believe that UConn breaking away from the AAC is the start of a realignment. I still think the B12 is unstable and now the Pac12 is sucking, so I think you might see some action - and I'd say in 5 years you'll see independents football teams. You might see the AAC teams as Indy...

Reaction Score
Great OP and thread.

I never understood and never will understand the posters who claim to be fans but continue to bash away at the program ad nauseam, in the off season, after it becomes obvious that no change is imminent. It's moronic adolescent behavior IMO.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He should be fired immediately. Never should have been rehired. Lifetime coaching record is more loses than wins. Was given 4 1/2 years at his dream school and then given the boot. Why wait to do the same?
UConn student athletes should not have to put up with this 5 year experiment in futility.
Everything he does is self serving, has no eye discipline and should be fired immediately (did I say that already).
It's never too early to stop going in the wrong direction.
If the AD can't find/hire a competent replacement then fire the AD.
PLEASE come up with one or two sure fire coaches that would say yes to this job right now with the knowledge of the financial restrictions
There are none and if there were they would be here
As far as the student athletes - unless I'm missing something or you have an inside link which I highly doubt - I haven't heard any appreciable negative talk concerning RE from the young men.
In fact Lashlee and the others haven't caused any noise to cause a raised eyebrow
He's not on your list of party invitees - we get it
As BL tried so nicely to say - give it a break
RE and DB the db are here and aren't going anywhere
BTW - your comment about being self serving is so far from the truth in so many ways

I remember talking to him the day he was re-introduced and he stated that in looking at the roster there would be no turn around for at least 3 recruitment seasons. And in the 3rd he gets hit with losing conference alignment.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Great OP and thread.

I never understood and never will understand the posters who claim to be fans but continue to bash away at the program ad nauseam, in the off season, after it becomes obvious that no change is imminent. It's moronic adolescent behavior IMO.
Agreed
There are folks on here who claim if you don't complain and bash then you aren't a true fan
Mind blowing

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
At this point, anyone who demands the coach be fired needs to contribute an 8-figure donation to the athletic department. That might be enough to get a new coach and assistants, for at least a couple years.

Reaction Score
At this point, anyone who demands the coach be fired needs to contribute an 8-figure donation to the athletic department. That might be enough to get a new coach and assistants, for at least a couple years.
Been contributing for 20 years in season tickets, as many have. So, I think we have the right to voice displeasure whether you care to hear it or not. The sudden love fest for an utter failure at 6-30 with a grand total of 1 FBS win in the 2 years is fascinating.

Reaction Score
You don’t just come back from a decade of ineptitude which is what you’re asking people to accept.

We've had a decade of ineptitude. Out choices are to try to come back from it or not. Are you implying "not" is the correct choice?

Reaction Score
Been contributing for 20 years in season tickets, as many have. So, I think we have the right to voice displeasure whether you care to hear it or not. The sudden love fest for an utter failure at 6-30 with a grand total of 1 FBS win in the 2 years is fascinating.

I clearly did not say that you or anyone else shouldn't voice displeasure. I am not pleased. Isn't that clear? I literally said it's fine to want Edsall fired. What I did say is don't turn this into KO all over again, where once you decide he should be fired than absolutely every thing he does, not matter how rational or immaterial, gets bashed just because you (or anyone) is angry.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I know what anti-anti means. Is it double anti? Like you're really really anti-Edsall? Of is it the two negatives makes a positive thing?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I know what anti-anti means. Is it double anti? Like you're really really anti-Edsall? Of is it the two negatives makes a positive thing?

Maybe if you bothered to read the initial post, where the first friggin paragraph explains it ....

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Under the old TV/media model (read: the current conference model) I think UConn football would wither and die. However, the multiplexitivity (say that 3 times fast) of the streaming model will save our school's football future.

Right now, things surely suck but a more interesting, regional schedule will gain traction and I do think interest will rise if the school starts getting more positive results. Right now, Randy probably is our best best to turn this Titanic of a program around. In two years I hope to start seeing out of the hole we had fallen in.

Reaction Score
We've had a decade of ineptitude. Out choices are to try to come back from it or not. Are you implying "not" is the correct choice?

No, what I am saying is that I don’t understand why you are now asking us to accept 15 seasons of ineptitude.

Reaction Score
No, what I am saying is that I don’t understand why you are now asking us to accept 15 seasons of ineptitude.

I still don't understand what you mean. Don't you have to accept what's already happened, since you can't change it? Do you want me to go back in time and demand we pay Edsall more so he doesn't leave for Maryland the first time? To not let P bring Deleon with him as a condition? To not hire HCVV? The past ten years is what it is, and I've sat through it in the stadium not because it's been fun but because -- to date -- I refuse to withdraw support for the program because then I become part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

The only question is are we likely to help or harm ourselves by dismissing Edsall now. As I keep saying, I am fine with people who want to do that. I'm just not fine with substituting anger for analysis and making a move that is more likely to harm us than help us just because we're angry. There is a difference between wanting Edsall fired and pretending that DB doesn't have a rational plan for our particular situation.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Kudos to the OP. I can't stand Edsall but I pledge to be Anti-Anti-Edsall for the next year. Edsall showing some success this season is the best thing that can happen to the program. He has a bunch of recruits coming in. He has to know that he needs to show some life this season. And our first year as an Indy has cluster potential, seems a bit too much to drop on a new guy. Let Randy deal with it.

Reaction Score
I still don't understand what you mean. Don't you have to accept what's already happened, since you can't change it? Do you want me to go back in time and demand we pay Edsall more so he doesn't leave for Maryland the first time? To not let P bring Deleon with him as a condition? To not hire HCVV? The past ten years is what it is, and I've sat through it in the stadium not because it's been fun but because -- to date -- I refuse to withdraw support for the program because then I become part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

The only question is are we likely to help or harm ourselves by dismissing Edsall now. As I keep saying, I am fine with people who want to do that. I'm just not fine with substituting anger for analysis and making a move that is more likely to harm us than help us just because we're angry. There is a difference between wanting Edsall fired and pretending that DB doesn't have a rational plan for our particular situation.

His recruits aren’t any better than Diaco’s. There is no evidence of progress.

We just lost a recruit to Bowling Green.

What’s the point of waiting 2 years to confirm the obvious and then get on someone else’s 3-5 year progression?

Some say we can’t afford to get rid of him. I am saying the damage done is so bad that we can’t afford to keep him.

Reaction Score
Lmao. Bookmark this thread for halfway through next season. This board is 0 for life when defending bad coaches. I remember the Diaco and Ollie ships sinking and the same stoodges holding on for dear life.

The Board defended Edsall not just in the years leading up to the Fiesta Bowl but during that year. I sat in the Big House and listened to a UConn fan scream that Edall should be fired for bad play calling. On literally the opening play of the season. You could not be more wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His recruits aren’t any better than Diaco’s. There is no evidence of progress.

We just lost a recruit to Bowling Green.

What’s the point of waiting 2 years to confirm the obvious and then get on someone else’s 3-5 year progression?

Some say we can’t afford to get rid of him. I am saying the damage done is so bad that we can’t afford to keep him.

There was evidence of progress. Almost all our home games this year were competitive and worth attending. We had chances to get over the hump and we couldn't. Last year, most of them were wholly uncompetitive and a waste of time. Again, I am not defending his performance to date but I'm not willing to conclude there was no evidence of progress either.

Reaction Score
There was evidence of progress. Almost all our home games this year were competitive and worth attending. We had chances to get over the hump and we couldn't. Last year, most of them were wholly uncompetitive and a waste of time. Again, I am not defending his performance to date but I'm not willing to conclude there was no evidence of progress either.

Sorry but by any reasonable measure that’s not meaningful progress.

How many Edsall recruits made one of the three All AAC teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom