Illinois v Us | The Boneyard

Illinois v Us

Reaction Score
I’m totally bummed by our loss last night, but imagine being an Illinois fan right now?? This was their chance and they got totally punked. Would be the equivalent of us losing to Fairfield in the tourney. They gotta be besides themselves.

Only saving grace of the tournament is schadenfreude.........

Reaction Score
I’m totally bummed by our loss last night, but imagine being an Illinois fan right now?? This was their chance and they got totally punked. Would be the equivalent of us losing to Fairfield in the tourney. They gotta be besides themselves.

They at least got one under their belt and Loyola Chicago is very very good program that seems to attract players that can shoot lights out.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Loyola was best team on floor.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Illinois vs UConn this year?
UConn couldn't handle Maryland never mind Illinois who could spot UConn 20 points and still win by 20
Ayo would be waving at Bouk as he blows by him and Kofi would have all the bigs in foul trouble
Not this year folks would UConn come close to them- the matchups would be horrible
But, UConn may very soon be the better team

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
UConn couldn't handle Maryland never mind Illinois who could spot UConn 20 points and still win by 20
Ayo would be waving at Bouk as he blows by him and Kofi would have all the bigs in foul trouble
Not this year folks would UConn come close to them- the matchups would be horrible
Huh?

Reaction Score
Regardless if kofi comes back next year or not, they will be very good again.

If I was kofi I’d leave and go start trying to prove my worth in the summer league / G league (assuming he doesn’t get drafted first round) and get NBA training/development. He’s already proven he can be the king of college bully ball

Reaction Score
Unless Kofi is currently being paid 6 figures by illinois, there is no way he is coming back for another year

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Kofi is a blessing and a curse there - he absolutely gets in the way at times.

He practically defends the lane against his own club.

Reaction Score
Why do this to ourselves with these hypothetical post? Lol. I'm going to route for UConn women. Rutgers men and Gonzaga to go undefeated.

Reaction Score
Not comparing teams comparing how seasons ended. We were all bummed by our exit. That team had FF written all over it and didn’t even make 2nd weekend.

Reaction Score
Kofi is a blessing and a curse there - he absolutely gets in the way at times.

He practically defends the lane against his own club.
If this were 1991 he'd be the national player of the year.

Instead, he's seen as a liability in certain matchups.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If this were 1991 he'd be the national player of the year.

Instead, he's seen as a liability in certain matchups.

A some point in the last 10 years an out of control drive into the teeth of a defense by a small guard became a better shot than a post up to a 7 footer.

Reaction Score
The Illinois first half was very similar to Uconns, with fewer offensive boards.

Reaction Score
No way is Kofi coming back. Another year for a guy like him won’t raise his draft stock at all..he needs to be playing against NBA bodies

Reaction Score
I agree, although Maryland actually beat Illinois once this year. They had some good wins. Also lost a bunch.

Reaction Score
No way is Kofi coming back. Another year for a guy like him won’t raise his draft stock at all..he needs to be playing against NBA bodies
Do they even allow post up big men in the NBA anymore. League needs to make some changes.

Reaction Score
No, this still does not change the fact that UConn lost to a very average, 16-13, totally beatable Maryland team and it does not help in dealing with the loss after the subpar performance.

Reaction Score
No but they are an in-state school that would be a huge underdog
Loyola was vastly under seeded....should have been a 3 or 4 seed by all the metrics, the committee screwed up and made them an 8. This screw up penalized Illinois more than anything. Illinois still was favored but not a huge upset.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

I know how they feel.

It’s called 2006.

Or 1996.

The geography thing is meh. This was their year and they blew it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom