Illinois Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Illinois Post Game Thread

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
That give-and-go play with 8:50 left between Spencer and Clingan, wow. Special.
That was a Walton like pass. It reminded me of UCLA when they were dominant. I remember the games slightly as I was between 5-7 yrs old when played at UCLA but that pass just from highlights I have seen it was very Waltonesque pass and Walton may have been one of the best passers ever for a center. Clingan and Castle are only improving their stock value.

We have the best coaching staff in the country. We go 3-17 from three and throttle a good team. If we get to the championship game I would like to see us play Purdue but would not mind Dook:):)

A Clingan-Edey match up would be good for ratings. Clingan is going to be fun to watch at the next level. Van Gundy called it right when he said Clingan has great quick twitch muscles he covers way more space than Eddy. That is what will translate at the next level and why Clingan is rated so much higher. I am not going to get into comparisons but if Clingan commits himself to getting in crazy good shape he can be a difference maker at the next level.

He dominated the game today. Took Illinois and made them feel small. They almost through the ball over the backboard a few times.

We are so lucky to be UConn fans.

Thank you Danny!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't believe they stook with it so long. It was coaching malpractice. His post game presser isn't helping his case

I'm not sure I've ever had more appreciation for Hurley after listening to and reading his comments
Underwood didn't cover himself with glory but let's be fair. The only thing Brad Underwood could have done to prevent that buzzsaw was forfeit at halftime.

Reaction Score
Dauster was talking about Hawkins like he was Wemby or something, his pre-game pod he said that he would be the 2nd most talented player on the floor behind Shannon. Guy did nothing on offense and destroyed by Clingan on defense.
We all know that he tries to sound impartial and unbiased and I respect him for that... but last year and this year are the worst years to try and play that game. Look at Nick Wright repping KC Chiefs, Dauster should've been doing the same thing. He'll look back with regret IMO. This is a legendary 2 year run.

Reaction Score
Illinois' Domask literally bumps, bangs and elbows defenders to create space for his shots. WTHeck ? How much contact is he allowed to get away with? All game long. NFL WR's don't get that much leeway. Thinking if that's how the game is gonna be called, take an expendable off the bench and have him put a shoulder into him so hard it knocks him on his back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom