Illinois on the schedule | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Illinois on the schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How could this be good news? This means UConn will still be in the AAC in 2019 and financially busted.

So... WM shouldn't be working on schedules for out years??? Would you have felt better if it was a ACC or SunBelt Team?

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Decen Opponent. Not Tennessee, But A Good Matchup And Winnable Game.

Not counting their five national titles (as it can be argued that even the one in the 1950's is ancient history) or the hall of famers that came from that school, David Diehl's very recent retirement left them with only 25 current NFL players.

Granted, they need to improve quite a bit to be viewed as a middle of the road B1G football program but we really need to gain some perspective.

Reaction Score
Not counting their five national titles (as it can be argued that even the one in the 1950's is ancient history) or the hall of famers that came from that school, David Diehl's very recent retirement left them with only 25 current NFL players.

Granted, they need to improve quite a bit to be viewed as a middle of the road B1G football program but we really need to gain some perspective.
It wasn't a slight on the Illini. I view them like I would view Purdue, Minnesota, or Northwestern. A Nice coup on the schedule, but a tier down from Michigan or Ohio State, but a step up from Indiana. If I was an Illini fan I'd be more disappointed than any UConn has the right to be.

Reaction Score
So... WM shouldn't be working on schedules for out years??? Would you have felt better if it was a ACC or SunBelt Team?
I don't mean to be a downer. I'm disappointed, that's all.

Reaction Score
Completely fine with this! Would be nice to have a basketball home/home as well.

Reaction Score
It wasn't a slight on the Illini. I view them like I would view Purdue, Minnesota, or Northwestern. A Nice coup on the schedule, but a tier down from Michigan or Ohio State, but a step up from Indiana. If I was an Illini fan I'd be more disappointed than any UConn has the right to be.

I like scheduling this game, and I agree with you about the Illini's relative place in the B1G, but they shouldn't be too disappointed in playing us... glass houses and all that.

http://deadspin.com/the-illinois-student-section-is-the-saddest-1465931514
ku-xlarge.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Completely fine with this! Would be nice to have a basketball home/home as well.

I'd be surprised if there isn't a basketball series (perhaps both men's and women's) included. I imagine that the best thing we can offer a P-5 school to sweeten the pot would be games against our men's & women's hoops teams.

Reaction Score
It's hard to get excited about something 5+ years away that who knows may never happen. I live in Atlanta and was looking forward to the Tenn game for 3 years now and oh well that won't be happening now.

I can agree, looked forward to that one. This one, not to be a downer, excites me about as much as warm beer which I would pour out. I do not want to take away from those who are excited as we need this but to me it is like getting a wedding invitation five years out. I am not running out to buy a present or have the tux cleaned. We will see if they are still holding hands four years from now...

Reaction Score
How could this be good news? This means UConn will still be in the AAC in 2019 and financially busted. UConn will become the OOC fodder for these schools if that happens. Anyone who thinks UConn will beat them in 2019 as members of the AAC is out their minds. Recruiting, finances, and appeal will be drastically different for athletics by that time and UConn will just be a game that a P5 team will pay to get a win.

Thank you for your interest in UConn Football.

http://www.ct.gov/DMHAS/cwp/view.asp?a=2902&q=378578

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Champaign could possibly be the toughest place to get to. Fly into Chicago and drive four hours.
Huh? I flew in to midway and was on campus in just about two hours. You could get there in 4 hours on a Segway.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
My sister-in-law is a graduate from there. I will get there for a tailgate and will drag them from Chicago with me!

This is great, as it will get our names in the news there a few times.

Reaction Score
What are the odds that Diaco is coaching us for this game?

Don't care about 6 years from now. His K is for 5 years. Care about everyday - NOW, one day at a time, to get thru the putrid teardown mess of the
last 3 years (defined as from FHCRE leaving to when Foley took back the O-line and Casey went under center).

If he's successful in rebuilding-we enjoy the ride for 3 to 5 years.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Would love to get a game against Wisconsin. Madison is an awesome city. I know it's a little wishful thinking because Wisconsin is a more upper echelon team but it'd be an awesome road trip. Add Univ of Colorado to that list as well. Boulder and Madison are very similar in regards to being awesome college towns and pretty amazing stadiums.

As for the Illinois game, it's a good get but we still have holes as soon as 2015 that need this level of a game.

Reaction Score
Champaign could possibly be the toughest place to get to. Fly into Chicago and drive four hours. Fly into Indianapolis and it's three. Flights into Champaign might as well be on crop dusters and they're outrageously priced. Don't expect a huge Husky contingent there.

That being said, love the BIG scheduling

It's the Midwest, a four hour drive for them is nothing. It's like someone from the Northeast driving from Hartford to Waterbury, which also may take 4 hours on certain days.

Reaction Score
Would love to get a game against Wisconsin. Madison is an awesome city. I know it's a little wishful thinking because Wisconsin is a more upper echelon team but it'd be an awesome road trip. Add Univ of Colorado to that list as well. Boulder and Madison are very similar in regards to being awesome college towns and pretty amazing stadiums.

I have tried to go to at least one major college game a year the pas several years, and I enjoyed the game at Wisconsin the best. Awesome atmosphere, and I was really impressed with the campus. Only issue I had was that the seats were crammed together more than any stadium I have been too. The person behind me had his knee in my back the whole game.

Reaction Score
Your prize was just about to be shipped until you admitted to keeping track of your likes. Sorry, now you get nothing.

Aw, darnit. It was probably just gonna be a roll of GDL's wallpaper anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Champaign could possibly be the toughest place to get to. Fly into Chicago and drive four hours. Fly into Indianapolis and it's three.

Google says 2 hrs from Indi, 2.5 from Chicago, and 3 from St Louis. Still, no party.

Reaction Score
Seems like an easy trip to me, flights can be found under $200 right now, (who knows in 6 years) and a 15 passenger van for $110 plus game ticket and hotel. No brainer here!

Reaction Score
28 likes must be some kind of record. What do I win?

Last time I won a prize for likes I only had two! It was great though, I got an invite from General Motors to be a crash test dummy for an entire week!
They wanted to see if my "like" ego was a challenge for their air bags...

Reaction Score
Good solid get. Like playing Big... Helps transition when we move there...

Reaction Score
Last time I won a prize for likes I only had two! It was great though, I got an invite from General Motors to be a crash test dummy for an entire week!
They wanted to see if my "like" ego was a challenge for their air bags...

So I, of course, had to like your response. :)

Reaction Score
Boise State, Virginia, Tennessee (still on), Illinois. That's a lot of orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom