Illinois on the schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Illinois on the schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
lol, how can anyone know what will be winnable 7 years from now? At least they play here first.
I kNow Your Right, But Just Going By History Here. Hell Every Game Is Winnable Or Losable, So What? You Can't Ever Express An Opinion On A Topic? I See Illinois A Similar To UCONN In Terms Of Talent Over The Years. If The Game Was Against Ohio State I Wouldn't Necessarily Call It Winnable Even If It Was A Hundred Years Out.

Reaction Score
I kNow Your Right, But Just Going By History Here. Hell Every Game Is Winnable Or Losable, So What? You Can't Ever Express An Opinion On A Topic? I See Illinois A Similar To UCONN In Terms Of Talent Over The Years. If The Game Was Against Ohio State I Wouldn't Necessarily Call It Winnable Even If It Was A Hundred Years Out.

Is Your Post The Title To A Book?

;)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

No, he's not right (mostly due to things you responded with, like the fact that it's an opinion and that Illinois' history would suggest it). 80% of the games that we could play are "winnable". Maybe 30 - 35% of teams are of name-value that will result in a "good win". The trick is finding the teams that overlap between "winnable" and "name-value". Illinois fits both descriptions. We need to add more of those games, IMHO...

Reaction Score
Very different than going to Morgantown. Essentially two days travel to Champaign and back. Morgantown is a half day

Two days? How do you figure? If you're doing a same day trip there and back for a game, not going to work. If that's what you meant. Morgantown, yeah, I guess, 3-4 hours travel flight and drive from Pitt, so you could do it there and back in the same day, but I preferred to drive Morgantown and would stay over.

Flight time to Indy Isn't more than an hour over Pitt -figure 2 hours. Three - four hours from there ground with air transfer/ground is at very most an 7-8 hour trip if the lines are slow and you have to walk forever to get to your ground transpo and hit traffic, wait for luggage, etc. It's a 6 hour trip otherwise.

I wish we were talking about this because it was going to be regular conference trip, rather than a 2 year home and home. We only have to do it once.

It would be nice, if for one of these OOC games in coming years, we get a driveable opponent.

Reaction Score
Nice opponent, someone new. Didn't former President Hogan leave for Illinois, only to get canned? Glad to see that their A.D. doesn't hold grudges!

Reaction Score
We played there in the 90's didn't we? Think we won the game too. The early 90's can be foggy at times.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I was a bit too young to remember it. Either way, I love the way the arena looks on TV, always wanted to get out there for a game.

Reaction Score
Two days? How do you figure? If you're doing a same day trip there and back for a game, not going to work. If that's what you meant. Morgantown, yeah, I guess, 3-4 hours travel flight and drive from Pitt, so you could do it there and back in the same day, but I preferred to drive Morgantown and would stay over.

Flight time to Indy Isn't more than an hour over Pitt -figure 2 hours. Three - four hours from there ground with air transfer/ground is at very most an 7-8 hour trip if the lines are slow and you have to walk forever to get to your ground transpo and hit traffic, wait for luggage, etc. It's a 6 hour trip otherwise.

I wish we were talking about this because it was going to be regular conference trip, rather than a 2 year home and home. We only have to do it once.

It would be nice, if for one of these OOC games in coming years, we get a driveable opponent.

Charlotttesville in a few years. I missed the game down there in 2007. Don't want to miss it again......

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

I was just making a silly comment, not trying to rustle any jimmies. You are a hell of a poster here noey.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
We played there in the 90's didn't we? Think we won the game too. The early 90's can be foggy at times.

We played Indiana twice not Illinois, and it was to open the Rent.

Reaction Score
Good get for way out.....hope by the year 2019 that this NOT OOC! .....but part of the eastern div of the B1G.........

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Very good series indeed. I will make the trip. It's important for Husky fans to make every P5 trip if they can. Perception change. Hopefully, Warde has Minnesota, Purdue, Iowa and Northwestern on the dial too. Play enough of these games and keep dialogue open with B1G AD's can only be a good thing for UCONN.

Reaction Score
We played Indiana twice not Illinois, and it was to open the Rent.
Think he meant the basketball venue, we played a nationally televised game in that place. Illinois had a very nice post player at the time. Billy Packer kept complaining that Chris Smith was carrying the ball on his cross over.

Reaction Score
Games like Illinois are very nice gets. Nobody gets huge names every year out of conference. Perfect world you get one every few years. In between you want to get schools people have heard of, ideally from a conference you've heard of, though obviously Notre Dame, and to a lesser extent BYU both pass that test as Independents.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
All things staying constant, I plan on making the trip. My wife got here MBA from Illinois and she has family out there. My a guy in my tailgate crew also has family in the Chicago area. So one way or another, it's going to happen.

Reaction Score
It's hard to get excited about something 5+ years away that who knows may never happen. I live in Atlanta and was looking forward to the Tenn game for 3 years now and oh well that won't be happening now.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I was hoping for a Wisconsin MSU Penn St. type matchup but I'll take Illinois in a heartbeat. Who knows by then they could be one of the better teams in the B1G. We can hope for both teams to have much higher football profiles, it isn't out of the question for it to be a great match up. In Diaco we trust.

Reaction Score
Decent opponent, home first, this is definitely good news
How could this be good news? This means UConn will still be in the AAC in 2019 and financially busted. UConn will become the OOC fodder for these schools if that happens. Anyone who thinks UConn will beat them in 2019 as members of the AAC is out their minds. Recruiting, finances, and appeal will be drastically different for athletics by that time and UConn will just be a game that a P5 team will pay to get a win.

Reaction Score
How could this be good news? This means UConn will still be in the AAC in 2019 and financially busted. UConn will become the OOC fodder for these schools if that happens. Anyone who thinks UConn will beat them in 2019 as members of the AAC is out their minds. Recruiting, finances, and appeal will be drastically different for athletics by that time and UConn will just be a game that a P5 team will pay to get a win.
Hike you skirt down, your showing a little too much skin there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom