I'll see you all in April. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'll see you all in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
These are the two sentences that I just can't wrap my head around from the original post. How can you love UConn basketball with everything you have and be sickened by fans who are still enjoying a national championship? Bill Simmons once postulated that a pro team should get a five-year honeymoon period from its fans after winning a title, and those are professionals.

The answer is because it is easy for 14 year olds to repeat as champions in their video games because electronic data doesn't lose its emotional edge. In real life, there is a reason why we've only had one repeat champion in forever.

Reaction Score
Well I guess we should all take a couple months off from watching UConn play, check the standings come BET time and wait with baited breath to see what nuggets of wisdom you'll have for us then.

Frankly I don't know what board you're reading. There are plenty of fans that point out the team's flaws and shortcomings, but the fans that actually have payed attention to JC coached teams over the past 2 decades know that his teams tend to get better as the seasons goes one and sometimes actually win National Championships once-in-awhile.

We're just on fricken game into the Big East season you dumb-@ss. Boy that felt good to say.

Hey Lamb Chop, please stay true to your word and go away and don't come back for a long long time. You won't be missed!

Reaction Score
Also, anyone else notice that he thinks the team is screwed, yet titled the thread "see you all in April?" Irony...

Reaction Score
images
images

Reaction Score
Didn't we win a NC like 8 months ago?

Don't we have a top 10 team that is 11-1?

Didn't we win tonight, on the road?

Don't we have a top 10 team, top 5 recruit, hall-of-fame coach?

Isn't this just a ducking basketball game? Chill bro! Miss you never!

Reaction Score
Uconn's potential to be a very good team is still there. Don't win championships in Dec., do win championships by figuring out roles before March and how to do them well and adjust to game conditions. Jeff Adrian had hands of stone, Thabeet couldn't rebound out of his area, Dyson gets hurt and the team still gets to the FF.
Coach needs to keep kids at it, put clunker games behind (without forgetting what went wrong) and concentrate on getting individually better and how to finish off teams. AO isn't a 40% foul shooter, he can rebound and box out. Bazz is not a 1-9 shooter, he is great dribbler but shouldn't need to dribble so much. Bass/Boat can play D, they need to know when to take risks, need some rest so can play all out.
If the team has the moxey and internal leadership of a champion they will "get everyone going". That's what championship teams do, they think they are better than they are, and they play like it.
Time will tell. I was hoping for a more "carry away another victim" type team, guess I'll have to live through another "oh, no how could do that" type season. Maybe more fun that way.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
this dude seriously made a post to mention how hes going to STOP posting? lololol

who cares?!

Reactions: SJ
Reaction Score
Let's see.
Figure there are 10 elite programs.
Figure there are 10 close-to elite programs.
Now figure that, if the 10 programs took turns winning once every 10 years, and scatter in the next 10 and a few outliers, that means an elite program would be doing very well to hang a banner once every 12 years or so.

We have 3 in the last 12 seasons, or one out of 4.

I want to apologize - profusely and sycophantically - to the OP for this board's overwrought, obvious, and, it appears, unduly belated giddyness that is caused strictly by the fact that we've had the immense pleasure of being fans of the best college basketball program in the country over the last decade or so. Forgive us our rapture, sir, for we know not how we revel.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hell, if we can barely beat USF, who's to say we'll even get into the tournament?

Didn't we just barely beat USF last year? At home? How'd that work out?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Amazingly, there is a chance that UConn will not win the NC this year.

Oh, 6-2, 215, btw, although with some hard core training I can get down to a strapping 200.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
No I said Alex Oriakhi sucks. True statement at this point. Thats my point. If what you say is actually correct than you should be allowed to say it

I'm missing something here. You were allowed to say it. What's your problem? Do you think others shouldn't be allowed to disagree with you?

Reaction Score
Also, anyone else notice that he thinks the team is screwed, yet titled the thread "see you all in April?" Irony...

This is actually brilliant. See, if UConn wins, he can come back here and relish in the championship. If they do not, and the odds are against them whether we like it or not, he comes back here and says, "see I told you in December that they were no good."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Look, the Boneyard certainly is loaded with people wearing husky blue colored glasses. While they are tolerated and even encouraged, those who take a glass half empty view are usually attacked. Some of us meanwhile are realists. I'd like to see us make another final four run. I think it's possible. The talent is there, but it hasn't gelled yet. Maybe it will happen late, like last year. But odds are against any team repeating. There is just so much more parity than there was 15-20 years ago.

Carolina or Kentucky would probably have beaten USF soundly. That's what they do. On the other hand, I take solace in the fact that almost all the best UConn teams have had this problem of playing down to the competition, and rising to face the best competition. I think that's the MO of a Calhoun team.

Reaction Score
Look, the Boneyard certainly is loaded with people wearing husky blue colored glasses. While they are tolerated and even encouraged, those who take a glass half empty view are usually attacked. Some of us meanwhile are realists. I'd like to see us make another final four run. I think it's possible. The talent is there, but it hasn't gelled yet. Maybe it will happen late, like last year. But odds are against any team repeating. There is just so much more parity than there was 15-20 years ago.

Carolina or Kentucky would probably have beaten USF soundly. That's what they do. On the other hand, I take solace in the fact that almost all the best UConn teams have had this problem of playing down to the competition, and rising to face the best competition. I think that's the MO of a Calhoun team.

Not even close. There is a grand canyon sized gap between taking a "half empty" view and proclaiming that players "suck" and are "lazy." Luckily, the vast majority of posters on this board have no problem telling the difference between the two.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Bye bye, nobody going to miss a hater with so little comprehension

Maybe you'll feel more at home on the Cuse board

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Well, that was fun. Maybe not in the "if I only have time for one thread today . . . " way, but I got to laugh and click Like a few times.

There was a lot I didn't like in last night's game, probably cataloged elsewhere, but I liked how a 44-43 margin became 52-45. Lockdown anyone? For a while, it looked like USF would get stalled at 49, which is what I'd want later in the season. Who wouldn't be troubled by the 6-13 assist-to-turnover ratio, but USF played pretty hard. I liked that Daniels notably dove for a couple of balls in the first half. And I really liked that Roscoe was 4-4 from the foul line, each pair coming at crucial times.

Oh yeah, haven't people been complaining that Lamb hasn't taken over a game? Last night we saw no less than glimpses of that and it was fun.

11-1, with a winning record against 3 teams from Florida.

Reaction Score
I initially liked this board but have come to realize it's full of idealist homers that are still living in last season's glory, and it's sickening. I hope I return humbled and to admit that my early worries were all for naught. But I just cannot stand most of you anymore. So many of you watch this team struggle against utter competition and chalk it up to lack of chemistry. 2 months later, you laugh off the same struggles and parrot about last season. Well, it isn't last season. It's this season (and don't tell me that you knew at this point last season that we were NC contenders), and we're playing poorly at this juncture. There is no way around it, and after 12 games, there should not be any more excuses. Something is clearly wrong with this team. None of us know what it is, but we all know that something is wrong, and all we can do is hope that something turns around. We will not get out of the Sweet 16 if we continue to play like this. Hell, if we can barely beat USF, who's to say we'll even get into the tournament?

Imagine if Cuse beat USF by 3 points. You all would be RELISHING in their struggle, just as most of you are relishing in Pitt's current struggles. If you would, that's fine, but don't act offended or surprised or respond defensively when we're dealt the same mocking.

Good luck, guys. Again, I hope I return in 4 months a more humble person. If I do, I take back everything I've said over the past few weeks. I absolutely love UConn basketball with everything I have, but right now I can't handle the majority of you guys and your willful ignorance.

When your parents told you how special you were and allowed you to express your semi-informed opinions on all subjects, it was because they loved you unconditionally and thought that building your self-esteem would help you become a more successful person. Your parents were wrong.

If your feelings are hurt when strangers on the Internet don't sufficiently indulge your overreacting temper tantrums in response to relatively meaningless games, games that you are not actually competing in, games that the team you root for in fact won, there is very little hope for you in life. Your lack of character and narcissism will no doubt result in you forever being that guy. And no one likes that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom