Ignore Thread Feature | The Boneyard

Ignore Thread Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
New option available - You can now ignore a thread, and/or ignore an entire forum. Soon, you'll be able to ignore any given prefix, or follow a prefix.

Eventually y'all will be ignoring everyone, and you can come here just for the ads.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
So if you ignore a thread, to unignore it, you have to be "in" the thread. But if it's not on your thread list or news feed, how to you access the unignore feature? Should we have a Threads you Ignore selection in our profile like we do for People You Ignore?

Reaction Score
"LetsGoHuskies" Ignore feature you're saying?

Had to let'sGo sorry!;)

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I see it. It's up near where the 'rate this thread' button used to be.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
IMG_5301.JPG

So if you ignore a thread, to unignore it, you have to be "in" the thread. But if it's not on your thread list or news feed, how to you access the unignore feature? Should we have a Threads you Ignore selection in our profile like we do for People You Ignore?

Reaction Score
There must be a lot of ignorant people here to devote features to them.:)

Imagine it they became the norm?

Ignore feature for "mau on AB", for "mau on Big Papi" etc etc:eek:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
There are days (admittedly few) when I'm really proud of myself for not clicking on the key tweets thread. Ignoring it just seems too easy...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There are days (admittedly few) when I'm really proud of myself for not clicking on the key tweets thread. Ignoring it just seems too easy...
One of the best things ever to happen in the Boneyard imo was the creation of the Conference Realignment Board, which allowed me to ignore that subject entirely until it becomes so urgent that someone posts about it here. Don't get me wrong: it's a fascinating subject, and a very important one for us obviously. And I love roller coaster rides. But following that felt more like a Mission: Space ride, where forward motion is merely simulated by spinning you around really fast and showing you images of forward progress. Those rides cause me motion sickness, so I was glad to have the chance to step off.

Reaction Score
New option available - You can now ignore a thread, and/or ignore an entire forum. Soon, you'll be able to ignore any given prefix, or follow a prefix.

Works great.

By the way if I start to reply to a post but then decide not to post and delete it, it appears that the typed info remains in the reply field after I exit the specific thread. This is even after I delete it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Works great.

By the way if I start to reply to a post but then decide not to post and delete it, it appears that the typed info remains in the reply field after I exit the specific thread. This is even after I delete it.

It's autosaved. If you delete the contents of the form, you may need to click save before leaving the page.

Reaction Score
"LetsGoHuskies" Ignore feature you're saying?

Had to let'sGo sorry!;)

I wasnt asking the board or mods to reinvent the wheel, was just saying we are about to start college bball season. Do we need threads about dog toys and MLB when we have off topic boards set up for that purpose?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

So I can ignore the whole soccer forum, because you refuse to move it out of "UConn Sports?" YEEHAW! :)

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I wasnt asking the board or mods to reinvent the wheel, was just saying we are about to start college bball season. Do we need threads about dog toys and MLB when we have off topic boards set up for that purpose?
Now you can ignore whatever you want and fully customize, personalize, and authorize every aspect of your board experience.

Ultimate control for you control freaks.

Reaction Score
One of the best things ever to happen in the Boneyard imo was the creation of the Conference Realignment Board, which allowed me to ignore that subject entirely until it becomes so urgent that someone posts about it here. Don't get me wrong: it's a fascinating subject, and a very important one for us obviously. And I love roller coaster rides. But following that felt more like a Mission: Space ride, where forward motion is merely simulated by spinning you around really fast and showing you images of forward progress. Those rides cause me motion sickness, so I was glad to have the chance to step off.

Conference realignment bores me more than any other topic. I one got on that board by accident. It was extremely painful.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Never ignored anything or anyone on the forum. Important to know who the idiots are.

Funny thing is very few people stay with ignoring someone. They can't resist not knowing what's been posted.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Funny thing is very few people stay with ignoring someone. They can't resist not knowing what's been posted.
Thanks, Tom. The ignore thread option is a nice feature.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I wrote a script that ignores every person on every board except Chief. It saves the time of having to check off each member individually.

PM me if you need it. Makes the board more efficient in its entertainment value.

That should help you quite a bit.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm going to ignore this thread and then stand back and admire the irony of it all.

According to the server logs, you are the 4th person to have this idea. You're slipping.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
According to the server logs, you are the 4th person to have this idea. You're slipping.

When one of the other three fails a drug test, I'll be on the podium.

And unlike the other three, I'm too lazy to actually follow through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom