if your team isnt Baylor, ND, UConn or Stanford | The Boneyard

if your team isnt Baylor, ND, UConn or Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
you really need to just sit back, enjoy the Final 4 and figure out how can your team finally make it... how many years has it been?

the bitterness is spreading like wildfire.

UConn achieved just about what most UConn fans expected... while other teams underachieves year after year. the same few teams (shout out to TAMU) in the Final Four... I'd be embarassed if I was fan of teams who we "expect" to make it year after year but they continue to come up short.

making suggestions about other teams while your team is at home... :p you even wasted your time watching a team you dont like, strange!

congrats to MJ, Lauren, Heather for making it to the Final Four AGAIN! Banks you're living it up UConn Style, feels good huh?

thumb.aspx

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Are you done lecturing the UConn fans yet? Just let us know so we know when to start feeling ashamed for our disappointment in the loss.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Considering the sport is striving to develop fans of the entire sport, not just fans of individual teams, I would think it would be desireable to have more people watch the game, instead of being a waste of time, as you asserted. Personally? I thought it was an exciting game, as exciting a women's basketball game in terms of stage, drama, and high levellays being made as I have seen in a long time.

Also, does having an opinion, especially if it is based upon acute observation or knowledge of the game, only matter if one's alma mater is playing?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I feel it's only a matter of time before Rutgers makes another run. :p
Sure. How long do you have? :D

CViv is getting some recruits. I think RU is on an upswing, but #15 or so.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Sure. How long do you have? :D

CViv is getting some recruits. I think RU is on an upswing, but #15 or so.

We aren't the #1 team when we made the run in 2007. That was a team that lost by 40 in the #1 team Duke earlier in the year. Rutgers will have something that I don't think we have ever had.....depth in every spot. Especially the post. We can have line-up of everyone being over 6'0 if we wanted.

I think we'll be a very good and very dangerous team in a year or so.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
We aren't the #1 team when we made the run in 2007. That was a team that lost by 40 in the #1 team Duke earlier in the year. Rutgers will have something that I don't think we have ever had.....depth in every spot. Especially the post. We can have line-up of everyone being over 6'0 if we wanted.

I think we'll be a very good and very dangerous team in a year or so.
I'll put it this way: RU will be very good/dangerous/whatever when their recruits start living up to or exceeding their rankings.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'll put it this way: RU will be very good/dangerous/whatever when their recruits start living up to or exceeding their rankings.
I'm not predicting - but we will have a fair look, now that the last of the fab five disasters (Lee, the one bright spot, returns) will be gone. Neither Speed nor Sykes lived up to the hype and Pope didn't either, even after transferring (PS - did y'all see Pope's "awesome" contributions to Baylor the last 2 games?). Dixon wasn't around long enough to give it a chance. While the coaching staff and head coach must bear some of the responsibility, the players also share responsibility. A bad fit on both sides, I think.

I sat 2 rows immediately behind the bench at the NCAA game and I am not be sorry to see Sykes and Speed gone after that experience. I will say no more.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Are you done lecturing the UConn fans yet? Just let us know so we know when to start feeling ashamed for our disappointment in the loss.
Nan what the heck are you talk about... if your finger is on the ban button, press it! dont stalk me waiting for me to say the wrong thing, I'll survive without the Boneyard.

I have no clue why you posted this, but whatever.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm not predicting - but we will have a fair look, now that the last of the fab five disasters (Lee, the one bright spot, returns) will be gone. Neither Speed nor Sykes lived up to the hype and Pope didn't either, even after transferring (PS - did y'all see Pope's "awesome" contributions to Baylor the last 2 games?). Dixon wasn't around long enough to give it a chance. While the coaching staff and head coach must bear some of the responsibility, the players also share responsibility. A bad fit on both sides, I think.

I sat 2 rows immediately behind the bench at the NCAA game and I am not be sorry to see Sykes and Speed gone after that experience. I will say no more.

Completely agree.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

I watched Sykes pretty closely over the years. She was a good shooter, but IMO a bad basketball player and a bad team mate. RU would have been better off without her. I certainly agree that Lee will help a lot.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
all players must buy into what the coach is selling... but the coach must have a quality product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom