If you could pick one past UConn player…who would you add to this team? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

If you could pick one past UConn player…who would you add to this team?

Reaction Score
Might be a fun discussion before the season begins. If you could pick 1 player in UConn history to add to this team, who are you taking?

I’m going with Ben Gordon. His 3pt shooting, ball handling, and clutch in every huge spot.

Rashad Anderson would be my 2nd choice…most lethal 3pt shooter in UConn history. Maybe the only person who could take a huge shot and you knew it was 100% going in
Rashad Anderson is your 2nd..... My God!!!

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
If you have a chance to add the 11th-best shooting guard UConn has had in the last 30 years, you have to do it.

Some of you are trying way too hard to be interesting and coming up with some pretty weird suggestions.
Guilty of being nostalgic rather than being interesting. I thought his stats held up better so your point has merit.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Not going to read back through it but besides the obvious, Ray Allen, how about Bazz? He was a great leader, terror on D, and shot daggers all year long.

Reaction Score
Not going to read back through it but besides the obvious, Ray Allen, how about Bazz? He was a great leader, terror on D, and shot daggers all year long.

Bazz is the guy or El-Amin or Chris Smith or Earl Kelly or Boat Or Marcus Williams or Price.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Rashad Anderson is your 2nd..... My God!!!
I know! He should be first! How many rings does Ray have? Shad won that Duke game. Would have won the Mason game if Denham got him the rock.

Reaction Score
Best two way player in recent history would be Scott B.. Best one way break down offensive player. Chris Smith

Reaction Score
2e758ae1203b0f0524725e1b9024fcbd_crop_exact.jpg
Yep, Kemba second because we could also use a point guard. My thinking is Rip first because Cole is good enough add Rip and we going all the way.

Reaction Score
Yep, Kemba second because we could also use a point guard. My thinking is Rip first because Cole is good enough add Rip and we going all the way.
I think I would take Ben Gordon over rip. Not quite as much of a scorer. But better shooter and better playmaker, I think he would allow for Cole to have less playmaking duties and let him be off ball more

Reaction Score
Might be a fun discussion before the season begins. If you could pick 1 player in UConn history to add to this team, who are you taking?

I’m going with Ben Gordon. His 3pt shooting, ball handling, and clutch in every huge spot.

Rashad Anderson would be my 2nd choice…most lethal 3pt shooter in UConn history. Maybe the only person who could take a huge shot and you knew it was 100% going in
Depends on what at kind of team we want. I thought shad too. I’m on making Burrell and Andre pressing together. Or thabeet guarding the rim. Lamb as the 2. Honestly anyone including Gavin from the 09 team. Dyson would be crazy.

Reaction Score
Tor Watts. Or some walk-on who wouldn't play more than about 5 minutes total. I'm more interested in watching the current team play.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
We add Kevin Ollie then we stop our moms from marrying our dads and then this board never exists

Reaction Score
No doubt .. Rashard. His 3 pointers opening up the lane for Sanogo would be unstoppable.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I was going to say Gordon.

I'll say Caron Butler instead. We are short a proven wing right now.

I always say Caron Butler. Tough as nails, can do it all

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
My boy and dorm floormate. Would take Q on almost any team.
That must mean you're about my age. Q is a first-teamer on UConn's All Name Team, along with Corny Thompson, Rashamel Jones, Akok Akok, and of course, My Dorona.

Reaction Score
Richard Hamilton.

Or I'm getting tough with sellers/Adrien/Toraino/Edmund. We had some tough teams that would terrify the guys that played today

Reaction Score
Richard Hamilton.

Or I'm getting tough with sellers/Adrien/Toraino/Edmund. We had some tough teams that would terrify the guys that played today
Those forwards/centers you named would all have trouble breaking into UConn's frontcourt today. Adrien would play but he's a smaller less skilled version of Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Ignoring some of the more popular players, from a straight up shooting perspective, Rashad Anderson.

Reaction Score
This is hard, but I would say Okafor. His rim protection skills were legendary and it is hard to find a player since Oakfor who can compare anywhere in the NCAAs. The thing is, even if he did not block a shot, he changed so many others and he opened up the floor on the offensive end. Plus he was an exemplary leader on and off the floor. He was a good sport, an excellent student, and a great person who led by example and worked very hard. Add Okafor to this team and they are a FF threat and Top 10 team.

Kemba would be better for the long term. He would take the younger guards under the wing like he did in real life during his tenure at UConn which would lead to years of success even after departure.

So one of those two.

If I can't pick a star and have to go with a role player, Rashad Anderson, easily.

Reaction Score
Eh, three pages in and I'll try something different.

Emeka Okafor. Give me a front line of Emeka, Sanogo at the 4 and Akok at the 3. Cole, Martin wouldn't have to worry about defending anything inside the arc and we'd outrebound the opposition 3 to 1 every single night. Let Jackson run around like a wildman on both ends of the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom