If you could be the coach... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you could be the coach...

Reaction Score
Coach? None of them. Being the GM of the Jets, Giants, or Knicks sounds great. It can't be that hard to be better than Dave Gettleman or Mike Maccagnan or Steve Mills.

Reaction Score
Coach? None of them. Being the GM of the Jets, Giants, or Knicks sounds great. It can't be that hard to be better than Dave Gettleman or Mike Maccagnan or Steve Mills.

For the Knicks you could suck and still get money from Dolan. Isiah still works behind the scenes for Dolan, Steve Mills was there for how long, finally got let go but I have no doubt he still works for Dolan is some capacity.

Reaction Score
Nobody wants to accept a challenge and coach the Jets?

Win 3 games and get the keys to the city: the City of Camden or the City of East Rutherford.

After Gase is dumped , and if Trevor Lawrence doesn't decide to stay in school (why would he do that because the Jets could get the first pick the following season), it would be interesting to see how the Jets would fare. They still would stink, but maybe not as much as the dead animals in some of the BY'ers homes.

The good news is that with the Jets, you can identify the source of the smell, and don't need a long snake and a scoping camera.

Reaction Score
As far as turning any of these teams around no question its Uconn football.

To answer the question the Knicks. NBA coach while I'm sure can be stressful not nearly as much as an NFL coach, and a bit easier with your health. Football coach is a 24/7 job. I could get an inside look at how dysfunctional the Knicks are, if I get fired I can come up with dirt on Dolan, and be some what of a sympathetic figure to the general fan. Im sure I would make the most $ coaching the Knicks. Dolan doesn't even care about winning as it is he just wants to sell tickets thats it. He is but buddies with Isaiah still and I have no doubt he still is working with the Knicks behind the scenes.
let's see if the New Britain native can turn them around!

Reaction Score
Giants have the best upside and the NFC East has the lowest barrier to the playoffs.

The Knicks will never contend as long as Dolan is running the show and NBA coaches have a much shorter job horizon than football coaches.

Dolan's a jerk, but how ignorant are the Knicks fans that keep buying tickets?

Reaction Score
Knicks. basketball is taking over as the most popular sport and when the Knicks are good it’s the most expensive ticket in nyc of all sports teams

Reaction Score
Knicks by a mile.

If you could get a Lakers/LA/Showtime vibe to the Garden? You'd live in infamy. The sideline seats and social media exposure up for grabs? Get a team that looks the part. Get a couple Rodmans, diving and hustling and overplaying. A marketable star? Time it right and own your slice of history.

Reaction Score
Knicks by a mile.

If you could get a Lakers/LA/Showtime vibe to the Garden? You'd live in infamy. The sideline seats and social media exposure up for grabs? Get a team that looks the part. Get a couple Rodmans, diving and hustling and overplaying. A marketable star? Time it right and own your slice of history.
You're going to have to wait until Dolan is deceased for that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UConn football by far.

Knicks, Jets and Giants are owned/managed by imbeciles. A UConn football who can successfully get 6-7 wins a year has decades of job security.

Reaction Score
UConn football by far.

Knicks, Jets and Giants are owned/managed by imbeciles. A UConn football who can successfully get 6-7 wins a year has decades of job security.

For what? 30,000 idiots from East Hartford coming to tailgate, show up late and leave early to drink White Claws in the parking lot?

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
As crazy as it sounds I would take the UConn football job.

The program is already at rock bottom and I still think there's a lot of potential. If you turn around this program it would open a lot of doors going forward.
Doors to nfl teams like the giants or jets...

Reaction Score
Don't forget the 32 students who show up and leave on the first bus back to campus at halftime
Has anyone actually been to a game? Those I have watched this year on TV seem to show a stadium at most half full, or less than half full. And that is shortly after the game started. How many would you say actually were in the stadium?

Reaction Score
Jets. Since I like football and dont know anything about coaching it. How hard can it be?
Wear red pants, give players more vitamin D, talk about fish cakes.
has to be the Jets since they might accidentally win a couple of games before they figured out I know nothing and it was time to buy me out.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You're going to have to wait until Dolan is deceased for that.

Hey, I used to think the same thing about the Wilpons. You never know...

Reaction Score
Doors to nfl teams like the giants or jets...
For the Giants, Matt Peart for one, and he may well displace Andrew Thomas as a starter, if he has not de facto done it already. Two others for the Jets.

For all other NFL teams, see the blurb below.

Reaction Score
I still can't believe the Knicks can't find 5 guys that can play ball. Crazy

Reaction Score
As crazy as it sounds I would take the UConn football job.

The program is already at rock bottom and I still think there's a lot of potential. If you turn around this program it would open a lot of doors going forward.
Theres no potential. Lets stop that.

Reaction Score
Theyve had horrible luck in the draft and they cant find a good coach. They now have the money to spend on free agency but most of the big names dont want to play for Dolan. Dolan is an absolute disaster. The NBA should force him to sell. When NY is good the league benefits.

Reaction Score
Theyve had horrible luck in the draft and they cant find a good coach. They now have the money to spend on free agency but most of the big names dont want to play for Dolan. Dolan is an absolute disaster. The NBA should force him to sell. When NY is good the league benefits.
Agree with the rest of your post but horrible luck in the draft? Porzingis and David Lee are their only good draft picks since Ewing, they've been the worst drafting team in the history of the NBA.

Reaction Score
I mean, is UConn football even any option at all here? You'd have to be a complete moron to choose that. If, for nothing else, the number of teams you're competing against and the conference you're locked into eliminates 99.9% of any chance you can ever win a national title. CT isn't a destination state to live in. Late fall and into winter (or football season) suck here.

As bad as the Jets are right now? The Patriots were just as bad until Drew Bledsoe got hurt and Tom Brady changed the franchise for 2 decades. Flip of a switch and that happened. That's never ever happening in UConn football.

Reaction Score

They're slowly getting there. They're a decade behind the curve but Leon Rose was a great hire and Thibs will be a good fit. Too many "players' coaches" aka soft coaches recently--not ideal for a team in a perpetual rebuild. They need a hardass who'll hold guys accountable and Thibs is that guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom