If you could add any former Husky | The Boneyard

If you could add any former Husky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...to this year's team, who would it be and why?

Note: Kemba is not allowed (way too obvious).

My pick: Jeff Adrien. He adds a toughness that's utterly contagious, and he can play that #4 spot in the center of the zone (see: 2009 vs. Texas A&M). Both of these elements are sorely and painfully lacking from this team.

Reaction Score
This one's actually pretty easy. Our weaknesses are leadership, toughness, and some scoring from the 3 spot. We don't necessarily need pure shooting, but we need a take charge guy to take heat off everyone else (a la Kemba).

The man we need plays for the Clips.

Reaction Score
This one's actually pretty easy. Our weaknesses are leadership, toughness, and some scoring from the 3 spot. We don't necessarily need pure shooting, but we need a take charge guy to take heat off everyone else (a la Kemba).

The man we need plays for the Clips.

My pick

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

My pick: Jeff Adrien. He adds a toughness that's utterly contagious, and he can play that #4 spot in the center of the zone (see: 2009 vs. Texas A&M). Both of these elements are sorely and painfully lacking from this team.
Actually a very insightful question that I'm not sure you intended (no disrespect to you, but maybe me for not thinking about this before). If you could add one and only one player, what would you fix? We need a solid point guard. We need a three that can score and defend. We need an anchor in the post both offensively and defensively. There is no one fix at this point. Last year we won without a ton of production out of the wing, so I guess that's the last to worry about. Andre and even Alex could be more effective if we fixed some other things (outside shooting, a point who can break down the game real time and do the right thing). So I guess you really need a point guard who can setup the talent that oozes out of this team and drips off the side of the court before it's utilized and one who can guard a three point shooter. If I can't take Kemba, then I probably go with AJ. Kea would just hurt this team more on D. Yeah - AJ would be the one I would add - but I don't think it would be enough. If I could add AJ and you give me the option of adding Roscoe from last year and Oriakhi and Lamb from the NCAAs last year, I'd take that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
KEA or Caronimo.

This team needs someone with an unfatiguable will to win and put his teammates on his shoulder and take them to places they don't think they can go.

In this team's case, that would include the floor and diving for loose balls.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I was think a PG but Adrien isn't a bad choice at all. There's no way you take a play off around him.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I would add/replace 4 players...JLamb, SN, AO and RS with March-April 2011 versions of themselves.

JLamb shot over 70% from 3, SN was a lockdown defender, RS shot over 30 % from 3'and AO was on the all-final 4 team.

This team would be night and day if we could find those four again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reaction Score
Khalid El-Amin. What did they say back in 1999 about KEA; "The only kid in America who could go 0-12 from the field and still act as if he owns the area." We need players with that kind of leadership. The minute KEA stepped on the floor, you knew we had a chance to win. The kid could lead. We lack leadership. He might miss 40 shots in a row, but you knew that the next one was going in. He just had that "it" factor. We don't have that now. KEA for me.

Reaction Score
Brandon Roy....tough all around. can do everything. good leader.

Reaction Score
AJ price! We need a point guard on this team and he knew how to run an offense. Well maybe better would be Khalid El Amin. He could do so much with this team from the point. We need to recruit a real point guard for next year. RB seems to play it well for a few minutes but I think he is more of a 2 guard in a point guard body while SN is a division 2 PG.

Reaction Score
Aside from an obvious point guard pick, I would love to see Hasheem on this team to provide some legit defense in the paint.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Cup Cormier, no contest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Surprised nobody said this already. Ben Gordon

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Cup Cormier, no contest]

I agree. He fits perfectly on any good UCONN NIT team. Remember the game when Lindsay Hunter lit us up at Gampel. That was also a very low point in Husky history.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Surprised nobody said this already. Ben Gordon
Well it would be good to have another shooter a more pressing need for this team is a PG thus why Khalid El Amin is a no brainer. Plus he is a natural born leader which this team sorely lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom