If we lost in final 4 by 50 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If we lost in final 4 by 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'd much rather take a massive drubbing then lose one at the buzzer. Nothing is worse than knowing you woulda/coulda/shoulda but for one bounce of the ball or bad call.

If you get your ass kicked, so be it. You probably weren't winning on that night no matter how good you played.

The latter sucks, but you lick your wounds and go about your day. The former is a nightmare that scars forever.

Reaction Score
I would much rather lose by 50 in the final four than lose in the round of 32, and honestly, ten years from now, I'm not sure anybody remembers how much they lost by. Nobody remembers '03 Marquette getting housed by Kansas in the final four, they just remember D-Wade willing them there. If Buddy turns into a star at the next level, it'll be the same.

That said, damn did they get embarrassed today. I can't begin to imagine how tough it would be to stomach a beat down like that on a stage that big.
Agree 100%, but I hope a UConn team in that situation would show some fight and not let a beating of that magnitude happen.

Reaction Score
Gotta feel for the Oklahoma fans who spent all that money to travel to see this game. I spent about $2k for the 2014 Final Four and if we lost by 50 in the first game, that's a wasted $2k imo.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You have just described the UConn women. What Jay Wright did was get his kids to play with unrelenting excellence. That is impressive and shows it can be done in the men's game. It takes special players who are more than just talented. And it takes a coach that gets it and is able to get his players into that mental state. I would guess that Jay and Geno have spoken, Geno being a philly guy and all. In fact, I believe they have been guest speakers at the same leadership conference at least once in the past.
Quick someone tell Kevin he needs to have a talk with Geno! Wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom