If We Go Independent In Football... Scheduling | Page 4 | The Boneyard

If We Go Independent In Football... Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Its time to get working on this schedule 2020. Send Aresco his $10m. I dont want to wait around to be involved in the ESPN renegotiating of its new $1b deal with its faux $7m per school.

Whose got the open dates for each one of these schools figured out? We get as many as we can and then we plug the holes with FCS. So 2020 could be (and likely will be) a season with more than 1 FCS game.

Need to runaway from Aresco as fast as possible. We can threaten to play the slow game (stay the full 27 months), but it sure will be miserable being someplace we dont want to be - plus we need to strike while the iron is hot with SNY and whatever help Fox is ready to provide. That can't get cold.

Let's GO!
Glad to have you back E4

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Glad to have you back E4
The shock is over. I'm all in now. I want the BB fans to come back in mass. I want to hear that every BE game is a sell out. Get those BB fans going again and let that lift everything else.

As for football, I'm fully committed to the independent schedule. All we need is to round up 5 P5 games a season and good things will be possible. We can probably get 3 P5 games on our own, but Fox will probably have to help us get those last two every year with friendly phone calls and maybe some BB tossed in.

I'm all on board because its clear to me now the new AAC media deal is trash. It binds is to 12 years of long distance relationships that have no legs in the northeast. It also personal at this point because I think we made it abundantly clear WBB has to be exempted from the new media deal and it wasn't. That's wholly unfair. Injustice!

Reaction Score
If we get 6 home games a year it will be a minor miracle.

If this program still exists ten years from now then God intervened.

The problem with bookmarking this tweet and checking back in 10 years is that if you're right, this part of the board won't be here either. Come to think of it, a bunch of us old farts may not be here. A Bowl Game in the next 2 years would be huge to get things started. Hopefully RE can pull a rabbit and make that a reality. The shock alone would juice up the fan base.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Its time to get working on this schedule 2020. Send Aresco his $10m. I dont want to wait around to be involved in the ESPN renegotiating of its new $1b deal with its faux $7m per school.

Whose got the open dates for each one of these schools figured out? We get as many as we can and then we plug the holes with FCS. So 2020 could be (and likely will be) a season with more than 1 FCS game.

Need to runaway from Aresco as fast as possible. We can threaten to play the slow game (stay the full 27 months), but it sure will be miserable being someplace we dont want to be - plus we need to strike while the iron is hot with SNY and whatever help Fox is ready to provide. That can't get cold.

Let's GO!
Conferences don’t schedule out more than the prior season

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
2020 Dates - decided to list the dates that are filled rather than open.

UConn (has 9/3, 9/12, 9/19 and 9/26 filled with UMass, at Illinois, Maine and Indiana respectively), so four games set.

• Miami (has 9/5, 9/19 and 9/26 filled)
  • Vtech (has 9/5, 9/12 and 9/19 filled)
  • SMU (has 9/5, 9/12 and 9/19 filled)
  • UCF (has 9/5, 9/19 filled)
  • FIU (has 9/26 and 10/24 filled)
  • La Tech (has 9/5, 9/12 and 11/21 filled)
  • Southern Miss (has 9/5, 9/26 and 10/24 filled)
  • UAB (has 9/3, 9/19 and 9/26 filled, usually plays an OOC in Nov)
  • Air Force (has 9/19, 10/3 filled and a tbd with Army)
  • Arkansas (has 9/5 and 9/12 filled - usually plays an OOC in late Oct or Nov)
  • Coastal Carolina (has 9/12 and 9/26 filled and a tbd with South Carolina, has Oct and Nov OOCs planned in future)
  • Louisiana Lafayette (has 9/5, 10/24 and 11/21 filled)
  • TCU (has 9/5 filled)
Game #5: Get TCU on the calendar for October as a body bag game. If that can't be, then try for 9/19 and rebook Maine for October.

Game #6; Get UCF signed up for a home and home for an October game. Their schedule is wide open. Toss in basketball if you must.

Game #7: Try to set up a home and home with VTech....or if not, a pay day game. Try to make it a Nov game.

Game #8: Set up a home and home with Coastal Carolina for an October or November game.

Game #9: Any chance SMU would do a home and home? October game?

Game #10: FIU for a home and home? October game?

Game #11: Pick one of UAB, Southern Miss, LA Tech or LA Laf for a home and home. October game. (this is like playing Tulane or Tulsa)

Game #12: Whoo - this is hard! Set up a home and home with Air Force, if no luck - just visit. Or Pick another from the UAB/SM/LaTech/La Laf pool.

Another game, swap any of the above for a payday game with Arkansas.

In summary: you have
2 B1G games,
1 ACC game,
1 B12 game (or maybe SEC if you swap Arkansas for TCU) for a total of four P5 games.
Then we have perhaps from G5 we have
2 AAC games,
3 CUSA or Sunbelt games
1 Mountain West
1 independent
and
1 FCS.

Not easy to build a five game P5 line up on short notice. We would need to take three payday games in 2020; TCU, VT and Arkansas to do that.

Long term, beyond 2020 I would be looking to set up home and series with Cincy, Temple, Pitt (really anyone in the ACC), Buffalo, Army, Old Dominion or Coastal Carolina and Rutty. I would be looking to Fox to help us get a couple B12 home and homes (wont be easy! maybe WV, Kansas, Kansas St or Iowa St?) and maybe even a P12 home and home (maybe Oregon St / Washington St or Colorado). Yeah, I understand the B12 and P12 is a long shot, but got to try.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even if UConn is not a 2020 AAC football participant, what’s the likelihood an additional three P5 opponents are desired, targeted, etc? On top of of IU and UI, potential beggars can’t be choosers yet ...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Even if UConn is not a 2020 AAC football participant, what’s the likelihood an additional three P5 opponents are desired, targeted, etc? On top of of IU and UI, potential beggars can’t be choosers yet ...
I would have already called every school on this list. I would get draft contracts going. I would schedule anyone that calls me back. 2020 wont be about building a balanced schedule....it will only be about building A schedule. Anyone that returns your call you schedule.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I’m ok with a schedule that has teams like Villanova, Ohio, and Iowa State (2 for 1?).

I just wonder how many tickets that sells.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Colorado? Hell yes! 1-2 or 2-3 just fine. They have Alum here.

Reaction Score
Not really. The bottom of the league is so weak and nobody wants to watch Tulane, ECU, etc. Big east has the brand and will draw fans, also not as much traveling flying all over the country.
How do you figure @Creighton(Nebraska), Depaul(Illinois), Butler(Indiana), Xavier(Ohio) and Marquette(Wisconsin) isn't flying all over the country?

Reaction Score
How do you figure @Creighton(Nebraska), Depaul(Illinois), Butler(Indiana), Xavier(Ohio) and Marquette(Wisconsin) isn't flying all over the country?

Don’t do this.

Reaction Score
East Coast Football Alliance

Reaction Score
Temple and Cincy can join if the AAC doesn't work out.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Temple and Cincy can join if the AAC doesn't work out.
Ahem, Temple and Cincy can join UConn and UMass in the future of northern independent football schools who park all sports in the BE. I'm good with that. We are not going to raise the profile of JMU, Delaware and Nova as part of the process....never. And Army is Army, its own thing which is fine.

Reaction Score
I see we're onto the old "Tried to start a new thread and didn't catch on so I'll try and hijack another thread" shtick
Ha, I just know the Conference Realignment section is its own special community. Footballers always cast it off because things like UConn to the Big East were impossible stupid musings. Oops.

Welcome to the Big East!

Now come up with a reasonable plan for football. You are not Notre Dame. Be careful of looking down too far on Army, UMass, JMU, UD, and Nova football. You need a schedule.

Reaction Score
No, BYU model or close it down. That is a slow death. You can not go back to the Yankee conference and fill a 40K stadium.
You could not fill a 40K stadium in the AAC. It failed. You need a more modest plan with much lower spending, some reasonable FBS regional independent rivals, and room in the schedule to get a handful of P5 games.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Be careful of looking down too far on Army, UMass, JMU, UD, and Nova football. You need a schedule.

Warning: Most of us are now on board for independent FBS football. Dont come here and advocate an FCS schedule on this crowd unless you really want to piss everyone off. I suggest you shelf this nonsense and go enjoy that BE Basketball that has the four time champs back. No one needs to hear about football from a Nova guy. Next you will tell us about hockey.

Reaction Score
We need to finalize our divorce from the AAC so we can officially get cooking on this.

Speaking of, anyone who is "plugged in" have an idea when we'll know something....anything??

Just trying to not check twitter or the BY every 5 minutes......

Reaction Score
Warning: Most of us are now on board for independent FBS football. Dont come here and advocate an FCS schedule on this crowd unless you really want to piss everyone off. I suggest you shelf this nonsense and go enjoy that BE Basketball that has the four time champs back. No one needs to hear about football from a Nova guy. Next you will tell us about hockey.
You can keep the hockey.

My recommendation is for FBS independent.

The first step was to help you with Big East Basketball. Welcome conference brother. Now I can help you on football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom