If we are to be a 5 seed, things I'd like to avoid. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If we are to be a 5 seed, things I'd like to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the first round, Tennessee and their size really concerns me.

Reaction Score
Funny,
Although the theatre would Be great; I don't want uconn
Bad matchup

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Definitely Daniels was great last night. I like our chances against zones if he continues to play like that.
Wow- that word great is tossed around so easily. If he did play great ALL game the outcome could have been different- just my read

Reaction Score
PC...regardless of year and record...seemed to always play us tough and won their fair share. Wouldnt mind avoiding them....

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Anyone who plays zone
Anyone with a front court player over 260
Any team with 2 or more lefties on the team
Any team with a majority of African American players
Any team with a mascot that doesn't have 4 legs

Reaction Score
latest bracket has us as a 5 in the West.

1. I like being in the west for well know reasons.
2. SMU/UK first round match would be great. Would love SMU to bump out UK.
3. I wouldn't mind playing Arizona as opposed to Florida for sure
4. No matter what seed we are, I want nothing to do with Louisville

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how many times we have played tournament games near home in places like, Providence, Boston, New York, New Jersey etc.? It seems like so many times we have played teams that have a huge homecourt advantage,

Reaction Score
Guys c'mon PC is playing good for a 12 seed no doubt but they played 4 guys 40 minutes last night……..there are worst teams to play. I do agree with the REAL super bowl mentality but our guys are better if they play!

There is nothing to gain and everything to lose. Can you seriously imagine this board if we were to lose to them?

Reaction Score
Wow- that word great is tossed around so easily. If he did play great ALL game the outcome could have been different- just my read

You're right but he did play well. I used "great" in the off chance he reads this board to give him some confidence. We know that can be a little fragile sometimes ;) …but seriously I pray no Husky ever reads this stuff!

Reaction Score
stop being a bunch of pansies. this isn't an OOC ratings game like you whined about preseason amongst reasons not to play providence. RPI is also irrelevant. i would love to play uconn.

Reaction Score
There is nothing to gain and everything to lose. Can you seriously imagine this board if we were to lose to them?

You can say the same thing if we have to play another potential 12 Harvard. New England team that we barely beat at home.

I think Harvard may be the tougher match up.

Reaction Score
You can say the same thing if we have to play another potential 12 Harvard. New England team that we barely beat at home.

I think Harvard may be the tougher match up.

Harvard may be the tougher matchup -- and we did just barely squeak by them at home, with them at much less than full strength -- but this board won't be inundated with Harvard trolls for the weeks following the game and bringing periodic reminders over the next several years.

Reaction Score
My main focus is not the Providence fans. I care about the match ups, who is easier to beat, and I'd rather play Providence who we haven't played this year and who I think we match up with better.

Harvard also has NCAA experience, Providence does not.

Reaction Score
The way the ESPN folk (including Bilas) were puking on the AAC and its participants (including Lvl) today, I'll be surprised we even get an invite.

Reaction Score
The way the ESPN folk (including Bilas) were puking on the AAC and its participants (including Lvl) today, I'll be surprised we even get an invite.
Louisville has played well in the AAC, and poorly out of it. Their OOC was terrible, and they lost to Kentucky and UNC (the two teams that were worth anything). They look really great, but their resume is weak.

If we played our OOC, losing only to Stanford, and then ran through the league like Louisville (same record as them, with no bad losses), and then won the AAC tourney, we'd be a 2 seed with an outside shot at the last #1. For them, they're likely a 3, with an outside shot at a 2.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could care less about matchups and to be completely candid the one thing I don't want to see (but already have seen too much of) is UConn fans worrying about the draw we get. If we play well, we'll get to the sweet sixteen minimum. If we don't, we could easily get bumped in round one. If the former happens I'll be pleased, regardless of who we beat to get there. If it is the latter I will be quite pissed, again regardless of who it may be that knocks us off.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I could care less about matchups and to be completely candid the one thing I don't want to see (but already have seen too much of) is UConn fans worrying about the draw we get. If we play well, we'll get to the sweet sixteen minimum. If we don't, we could easily get bumped in round one. If the former happens I'll be pleased, regardless of who we beat to get there. If it is the latter I will be quite pissed, again regardless of who it may be that knocks us off.
Agree if we play well well go far, but this UConn team relies more on matchups than any in the past I can think of.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Honestly, with this team, I'm going to be worried about every round, because the best case is a 4-13 (always a good mid-major), the worst case is a 6-11 (usually a very good mid-major, or a struggling but talented major), and the most likely 5-12 (possible play-in game, and has themost upsets).

Reaction Score
Honestly, with this team, I'm going to be worried about every round, because the best case is a 4-13 (always a good mid-major), the worst case is a 6-11 (usually a very good mid-major, or a struggling but talented major), and the most likely 5-12 (possible play-in game, and has themost upsets).

doomed!!

Reaction Score
seriously, I expect a close game no matter who we play. What Tourney like team have we beaten this year where it wasn't decided in the last minute or so (AAC Memphis game is the only one) If Bazz is not on, we will have very good chance of loosing. If he is hitting his outside shots and driving to the rim, we should win a close game or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom