If Tom Moore never left is he the UConn head coach right now? | The Boneyard

If Tom Moore never left is he the UConn head coach right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is not an anti Ollie post at all. Im all for KO being the head coach and the future of the program. But if Tom Moore stayed on staff i wonder how that would have played out? I think hes a great coach and i always liked him when he was with UConn. When he took the job at Quinnipiac i was a little surprised because i figured he would wait for JC to retire and just slide over to the head coaches seat...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Nate Miles and josh Nochimson = no chance for Tom

Reaction Score
I was going to include the Nate Miles situation in the OP, but i thought Moore was cleared of doing anything wrong.

Reaction Score
Didn't Moore also air a little bit of dirty laundry about JC re: liking to pad his players staff and run up the score a bit?

Reaction Score
This is not an anti Ollie post at all. Im all for KO being the head coach and the future of the program. But if Tom Moore stayed on staff i wonder how that would have played out? I think hes a great coach and i always liked him when he was with UConn. When he took the job at Quinnipiac i was a little surprised because i figured he would wait for JC to retire and just slide over to the head coaches seat...

I saw different coaches last night........one who was very passionate about the way his team was playing, rarely speaking to to the refs about calls but rather telling his players to play harder and keeping them in tune. The other coach was always whining in the refs ear, way too much for me, but still is a good coach I would guess.

I like the one we have!!;)

Reaction Score
I was going to include the Nate Miles situation in the OP, but i thought Moore was cleared of doing anything wrong.

Most other fans don't even know what the Miles situation was all about. They think UConn paid an agent to land Miles. They don't even realize that Miles was already a verbal commit to UConn, and during a summer game, with Moore watching from the stands, Moore was the one that pointed out to Nochimson that Miles was coming to UConn. He introduced the two of them. Nochimson then bird-dogged Miles. UConn screwed this up at that moment. As an alum, Nochimson had no business being around Miles. I know the NCAA's rules are fuzzy about agents (actually I don't understand them, you can have relationships with agents -- no contract or $$ exchanged -- but no relationship with alums??) but this was a clear violation that Moore was aware of.

I can only guess that UConn thought of Nochimson as a fledgling agent (i.e. not really an agent) and that's why he was introduced. That being said, there are many similar instances around the NCAA that are not punished. Duke alum Jay Williams literally handed a bag filled with $25k in bills to Kevin Love while Duke was recruiting him. Did he do this to help Duke? Of course not. He did it to help himself and his agency. Nonetheless, Williams was a Duke alum. So even though Duke didn't get an advantage (Miles had already committed to UConn, remember) it was a violation.

Reaction Score
Didn't Moore also air a little bit of dirty laundry about JC re: liking to pad his players staff and run up the score a bit?
I read everything and anything on UConn men's basketball and I don't recall anything like that. Do you have a link to anything? Or remember where you saw this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom