If possible, the Big East needs to add: | The Boneyard

If possible, the Big East needs to add:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Gonzaga
Kansas
WVU

With the latter two no longer being part of a power conference (and the Big 12 potentially exploding), we should make a move for all three.

Reaction Score
Kansas is the only potential addition imo. You just can't make Gonzaga work geographically. WVU is no go 1) because they will never prioritize basketball over football and 2) they're not a good enough program to give up the double round robin format. Kick out DePaul (which will not happen) and maybe WVU makes more sense (if they went football independent)

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s worth ruining the double round robin for, but I kind of like Dayton as a possible addition. Basketball has been getting better over recent years and geographically makes sense.

Like I said, probably wouldn’t be worth it to add just Dayton and ruin the HH schedule

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s worth ruining the double round robin for, but I kind of like Dayton as a possible addition. Basketball has been getting better over recent years and geographically makes sense.

Like I said, probably wouldn’t be worth it to add just Dayton and ruin the HH schedule
Absolutely not. They are a mid-major school.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Given that I don't see us joining a power conference anytime soon, my two hopes for this realignment are that Kansas is in the Big East and we play them, Army, Syracuse, and BC every year in football.

Reaction Score
F it, let’s go get the University of Hawaii.
I was very close to going there instead of UConn. Probably would have been a lot more fun

Reaction Score
It’s WVU and Kansas or bust.
Why?
The choices are playing in a all sports league that likely includes
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State
Okla State
Baylor
Houston
TT
TCU
SMU
Cinncy
WVA
BYU
Memphis
one of the Fla schools
Seems like a no brainer
That league most likely ends up with a TV deal in the range of $15-20million .
Or play in a East Coast mostly private school Conference with schools in Kansas’s case you have no history .
Loosing Texas and Okal hurt the football brand hard but that’s still
a top 2-4 Basketball conference.
ESPN is the real winner .
Enhance you flagship conference the SEC
Give a slight Haircut to the B12 schools and rip up the billion dollar AAC contract while still retaining its best content. Almost like ESPN encouraged the SEC to take Texas and Oklahoma .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom