If only I was born in Oregon | The Boneyard

If only I was born in Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching the Oregon vs Mich St game. Love the uni's, the offense, the defense and the the yellow crowd.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Usually smokin' cheerleaders too... not that that's really important...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I thought the same thing!!! ;)

I guess this thread illustrates just how fast Oregon can score. Not 5 minutes after I wrote that, Oregon scored 3 TDs. My goodness.

Reaction Score
Been to Oregon a few times and met some fantastic people there and it has everything you could want in a state in terms of things to do. Would move there. Wouldn't trade it for being a UConn alum and hoops fan.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'd rather have a powerhouse BB program than a top 25 football program. JMO, I know others would disagree.

Reaction Score
The Oregon offense requires QB's who can run the ball. I don't know if anyone has noticed but Diaco has recruited two QB's to UCONN and both are runners.

Reaction Score
Great atmosphere made me think of traveling to a game and hoping that's not the closest I would ever get to that kind of excitement. We've had some great games, but we're not there yet if we ever will be.

Those guys are just lightning bolts.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
sportsart...

images

Reaction Score
The Oregon offense requires QB's who can run the ball. I don't know if anyone has noticed but Diaco has recruited two QB's to UCONN and both are runners.
Ironically CW who is anything but a running QB led the Huskies in rushing against Stony Brook.

If UConn could ever build an offense like Oregon's....

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I moved here from CT 20 years ago. The internet allows me to keep tabs on the hoops program so it isn't like there is a distance at all. Great place to live. Oregon football is big time. Its supported everywhere. Not SEC big time or even maybe B10 big time as there is a lot more to do in Oregon than some of those areas for outdoor recreation. I live on a stretch of pristine coast running for like 50 miles with almost zero development so I have options. The interesting thing is the glitz and glamour are only 15 years old. New Nike sponsored facilities. Aggressive marketing. Offensive scheme that is fun to watch. Next thing you know you have a national power in the middle of nowhere. Autzen is a really intense place to see a game and only holds like 55K. Not too different from how we created a hoops juggernaut. It is hard to explain it properly the growth of the football program out here but it makes me think its repeatable. Takes the right people and commitment and gimmick then the people will identify with it and you have something.

Reaction Score
Ironically CW who is anything but a running QB led the Huskies in rushing against Stony Brook.

If UConn could ever build an offense like Oregon's....

Option football is coming to the Rent soon. We saw it work when we had Tyler Lorenzen. When he was healthy TL's offense was the most productive we have ever had.

Reaction Score
Watching the Oregon vs Mich St game. Love the uni's, the offense, the defense and the the yellow crowd.

If you're really determined to live in a state with terrible basketball and great football you could always move to Alabama. Good luck with that..

Reaction Score
Don't tell anyone on the BB board, but I'd take 0-30 in BB for a 6-6 FB team this year. :rolleyes:
That post summed up the problems with UConn football
Mediocrity is the goal. You also sold your birthright for it.
"The acceptance of anything less than greatness will constantly return a result equal to or less than that goal."
AZHuskiePop's first law of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul