If not for serious Injuries.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If not for serious Injuries..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That team was strong with post players as well - Williams, Jones, Cash, Schumacher, Rigby and initially with Sveta and Shea also outside in players so she would likely have been anchored to the bench.

Diana didn't need to do it alone, and the team probably would have done better if she didn't try - if Sue, Swin, Asjha, and Tamika had taken a few of those shots D was missing, the result might have been better - the great DT shot Uconn out of that particular game. She certainly redeemed herself, but ... :eek::rolleyes:
Thank you. I have never seen anyone get a free pass like Diana from so many people. She was out and out awful in that Notre Dame game and with the team having that talent level, why was she pumping up shot after shot??? Her confidence in herself was probably the worst thing that could have happened in that game. She was as cold as ice and yet, continued shooting clunker after clunker.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Sveta was one that I was going to mention as well - her senior season she was still voted a first team AA though she only played 19 games - that is some serious respect from the voters.

That year was a killer. Injuries to Sveta and Shea certainly is what prevented us from going all the way to the championship...

Reaction Score
I often wonder if Brittany Hunter were not injured, would she have stayed at Duke.
I often wonder if Brittany Hunter were not injured, would she have stayed at Duke.

She only went to Duke because her mom and step father pressured her to do so. Geno and her mom had a scream fest at Kathy john's restaurant. It was so bad that Geno paid for the meals diners for those close to him.

But Brittany's mom did the right thing and called Geno to ask if Brittany could transfer to UConn. Geno loved Brittany, he said if she couldn't play, she was such a great person that he didn't care.

I often wonder if Brittany have come to UConn perhaps we could have handle her injury better than Duke did.

Reaction Score
Brittany Hunter is the player I often wonder "what if she wasn't injured". She would have been something special and definitely "Wall of Fame" material.
You don't have to wonder what Brittany Hunter would have been if not injured: just look at the minutes she played while mildy healthy --to see the potential lost. Geno played her in big games at big times---a testament from Geno about how good she really was.
Unlike/uncommon for Geno --he allowed her to tell him when she could play and how long--what player wouldn't want that deal with Geno?? Shows how great Geno Believed her to be!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thank you. I have never seen anyone get a free pass like Diana from so many people. She was out and out awful in that Notre Dame game and with the team having that talent level, why was she pumping up shot after shot??? Her confidence in herself was probably the worst thing that could have happened in that game. She was as cold as ice and yet, continued shooting clunker after clunker.
In 2000, Diana was a freshman trying to do too much to compensate for the loss of Svet and Shea. That game is Exhibit A for my case that depending on freshmen to be consistent is not wise. If one of the best players in the world struggled as a freshman, so can other players, no matter how talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom