If no Gibbs, what is the back up plan? | The Boneyard

If no Gibbs, what is the back up plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is Gibbs the only player that Ollie is interested in that would be eligible for next year? I believe that he is coming to Storrs but if doesn't, I would hope the coaching staff has a back up plan as this team is one good guard away from being in the top 10...

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is Gibbs the only player that Ollie is interested in that would be eligible for next year? I believe that he is coming to Storrs but if doesn't, I would hope the coaching staff has a back up plan as this team is one good guard away from being in the top 10...
Looks like it's Gibbs or bust. Welcome to the BY!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
A vastly improved version of one of the following: Terrence Samuel, Sam Cassell Jr. or Omar Calhoun

Reaction Score
A vastly improved version of one of the following: Terrence Samuel, Sam Cassell Jr. or Omar Calhoun
Sam Jr. has the best chance of those 3 as a ball handler and scorer. Omar is a 2/3 and TSam will be what he has been his first 2 years at UConn. We only need this guys to get a little better and we'll be fine.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Sam Jr. has the best chance of those 3 as a ball handler and scorer. Omar is a 2/3 and TSam will be what he has been his first 2 years at UConn. We only need this guys to get a little better and we'll be fine.
If we could meld the best qualities of all three into one player then we would be good to go: TSam (finish at the rim and perimeter defense), Omar (good floater and better 3 pt shooter), SC Jr. (much better passer and best ball handler)

Reaction Score
We lock TSam in a room with Ray Allen and Shad for 3 months.
We may as well lock you in a room with those guys. If TSam doesn't have a shot after the thousands of hours of basketball he has played it isn't likely that part of his game will improve. He will have a role on this team but scoring won't be part of it.

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams starts as a freshman. That is the plan. The kid is coming here to start. Not to be a backup.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Look how highly ranked Hamilton was coming in and he still had his freshman struggles. I think people are expecting Adams to be closer to perfect against college competition than he'll end up being. By no means are we sunk if Gibbs doesn't end up here and he ends up starting, but I personally trust a veteran PG more with running the offense of a team that we expect to make a deep run come March of 2016. There's no great loss if Adams is playing 15-20 minutes a game off the bench providing great scoring, passing, and defense off the bench. It seems like forever since we had a 6th man with that arsenal.

Reaction Score
Be hard pressed to find another song to reflect the mood: perhaps 'kill 'em all' by Metallica?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
next year is all about Daniel Hamilton, he's the answer

everybody and everything else IS the backup plan

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
But I'm not sure they've been as talented despite rankings. I'm in on Adams being ready, he's special.
He does have the "it" factor imo. I'm just concerned about his defense. My guess is that he will push himself to do whatever it takes to win and make defense a priority to develop.

I think the debate about who starts, Sterling, assuming we land him, or Jalen, is not important. My take is both players will work within the framework KO establishes. Man I wish the commitment was official. I hate talking about something that is not definite. But I expect the lineups to be situational and we will see both starting at times and at other times there will be switches in starting. They are both going to be very important.

It's a luxury that was available two years ago and missing last season.

caw

Reaction Score
Twitter saying Allen (Florida commit) is going to ask out of his LOI. UConn had offered, top 100 kid and SG.

Reaction Score
GIBBS would not be playing this upcoming season. He would be playing starting in Fall of 2016

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
GIBBS would not be playing this upcoming season. He would be playing starting in Fall of 2016

Grad transfers are immediately eligible.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I think he's coming but I'm confident that we'll at least have another ball handler going into next season. I'm sure KO see's it as a serious need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom