If Nika can't play ........ | The Boneyard

If Nika can't play ........

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I believe Paige's "contract" with Geno allocates her 38 minutes/game. Yesterday she played only 36, and I believe the team owes her 2 additional minutes from a previous game.

So, if Hermione Granger could be in two places at one time (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban), I don't see why Paige can't do the same thing and take Nika's place, at least at the start of the game. After all, she has extra minutes to use up!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I believe Paige's "contract" with Geno allocates her 38 minutes/game. Yesterday she played only 36, and I believe the team owes her 2 additional minutes from a previous game.

So, if Hermione Granger could be in two places at one time (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban), I don't see why Paige can't do the same thing and take Nika's place, at least at the start of the game. After all, she has extra minutes to use up!

If Paige had Hermione's time turner, we'd all remember Arkansas very differently.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If Paige had Hermione's time turner, we'd all remember Arkansas very differently.
Need something more powerful than the time turner for that:

1616422988278.jpeg

@EricLA @CamrnCrz1974

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score

One of the announcers later in the game after there was some PB love talk, said on the next play, after Paige scored: "She's so talented, I think she should get the points AND an assist to herself on that play." Cracked me up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One of the announcers later in the game after there was some PB love talk, said on the next play, after Paige scored: "She's so talented, I think she should get the points AND an assist to herslf on that play." Cracked me up.
I notice one point that many other college fans think Paige has drawn a lot of attention from the media. It's unfair to other "unpromoted" players. What can I say.

Reaction Score
If Nika can't play do they start Anna? I worry if they started AE she could get into early foul trouble. Don't think they start AG.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
One of the announcers later in the game after there was some PB love talk, said on the next play, after Paige scored: "She's so talented, I think she should get the points AND an assist to herslf on that play." Cracked me up.
That was the shot she made after first bouncing a pass off Edwards shoulder back to herself.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If Nika can't play do they start Anna? I worry if they started AE she could get into early foul trouble. Don't think they start AG.
With Syracuse size they may choose Edwards. Either would work, but I think Anna might be better to get the offense flow going. She is calm and a great passer.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
That was the shot she made after first bouncing a pass off Edwards shoulder back to herself.
Ah, I missed the shoulder bounce, now that makes more sense. Funny though!

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

The only Hermione I know is Hermione Gingold. You gonna back me up here, @oldude ?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I notice one point that many other college fans think Paige has drawn a lot of attention from the media. It's unfair to other "unpromoted" players. What can I say.
Very true, but as you said, "what can I say"

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
The only Hermione I know is Hermione Gingold. You gonna back me up here, @oldude ?
She was quite a force for many years. She played in "Gigi" , "Bell,Book,and Candle", "The Music Man", and "A Little Night Music' and was memorable in all. Boisterous and gravelly voiced. But the character Hermione Granger is certainly known by more people today.

Reaction Score
So, what's with Nika? It usually takes her a day to recover from a sprained ankle and two days from a broken ankle. Will she play tomorrow? If not, I assume CD will go back to Ania, who seems to be emerging from her sustained layoff. How much time she can play and how much time Evina can play are questions.
Back to Nika: a player, a fighter, a weeper: a baller, a brawler, a bawler. Come back, Muhl, we need you.

Reaction Score
Any news on Nike’s ankle injury....i pray it’s not a high ankle trauma..she’s tough.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
LeBron is out an indefinite period of time, with a high ankle sprain

Reaction Score
Holly Rowe reports Nika didn’t practice today and is questionable for tomorrow’s game.

Reaction Score
They should practice and incorporate that "bounce off the shoulder" as a regular play.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They should practice and incorporate that "bounce off the shoulder" as a regular play.
Kemba Walker once made an assist to himself by bouncing the ball hard off the backboard to himself and then shooting it and making a basket. When asked about it after the game he shrugged and said, “it was the only place I had.”

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom