If Jalen goes for a 25-point triple-double every game... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If Jalen goes for a 25-point triple-double every game...

Reaction Score
Call me crazy but Jalen has more god given talent than Bazz, Boat, and possibly Kemba. Not saying he’s a better player than any of those guys but even in a completely disfuntional offense with very limited other threats,getting double teamed all night he’s probably going to finish this year 20/5/5. The game is just so easy for him. Get him a shooting coach and a personal trainer and he’s a decent NBA player.

Shooting from outside is important. He does not knock down open jumpers at a good enough rate to take advantage of his driving ability.

Reaction Score
Shooting from outside is important. He does not knock down open jumpers at a good enough rate to take advantage of his driving ability.

Kemba couldn't shoot for . Work ethic. Bazz is tough to compare because he came in with elite shooting ability and an innate feel which is a talent in and of itself. Jalen does have some of the best body control of any guard I have ever seen in college. His lack of development in shooting and his weak handle are disturbing.

Reaction Score
No, it's not. What's horrible is that the coach doesn't actually draw anything up for these end-of-game possessions and relies entirely on Adams to play hero-ball. What's horrible is that he has to play every second, create every shot either for himself or his teammates, and is still asked to have enough legs left 44:30 into the game to beat 3 defenders.

Recall also that MAL figured it would be better to play 12 minutes a game for a pretty crappy Providence team than to come here and play 30. For some strange reason.

@superjohn is right – this kid's career is a tragedy. If he'd played for an above average coach we'd be talking about him as a surefire 1st rounder. If he played for Calhoun he'd be a lottery pick.
Hero ball dude we only had 10 secs to get a shot n 3 of those just to get pass half court , this isn’t the nba where we can call to to advance the ball , you tell me what play can you draw up from our own end

Reaction Score
Kids need to take some ownership of their career. Jalen has never been lauded for his work ethic. Quite the contrary. Even despite Ollie, if he could shoot, he would have much better NBA prospects. I miss the days of reading about guys like Lamb hitting the gym to put up hundreds of shots late into the night.

Sure, it would be nice to have a coach who creates a culture where guys put in blood, sweat and tears into personal improvement but its a cop out to entirely blame KO for this. Blame him for a lot of other things.

I do think he would have been much better served going elsewhere but I can't absolve him fully. Its striking how different his career has turned out compared to Donovan Mitchell's. Mitchell played behind Jalen and was not nearly as good when they were 18. One kid has a a work ethic in the 1% and the other doesn't.
This is Kemba talking so you know it’s for real.

Reaction Score
Yes he could play literally the best all-around game of his career every time out, mau. That makes sense.

10-25? You did get bass and super John to like this so it must be a proud day. 3 miserable f’ers.

So yes he can get 25 shots any time to answer to your reply, not all of them good ones mind you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kids need to take some ownership of their career. Jalen has never been lauded for his work ethic. Quite the contrary. Even despite Ollie, if he could shoot, he would have much better NBA prospects. I miss the days of reading about guys like Lamb hitting the gym to put up hundreds of shots late into the night.

Sure, it would be nice to have a coach who creates a culture where guys put in blood, sweat and tears into personal improvement but its a cop out to entirely blame KO for this. Blame him for a lot of other things.

I do think he would have been much better served going elsewhere but I can't absolve him fully. Its striking how different his career has turned out compared to Donovan Mitchell's. Mitchell played behind Jalen and was not nearly as good when they were 18. One kid has a a work ethic in the 1% and the other doesn't.

Shhhhh can’t be true. It’s on Ollie all of it Walker don’t try to cherry coat it here you’ll get slammed by so many. Actually KO missed that lay up too not sure you knew that?

Reaction Score
Jalen was really good on offense tonight more of what I expected all year. He could do that every game if he wants no matter who’s coaching but you guys keep your piling on your so good at it and it entertains the crap out of each other I can tell.

Miserable fan base Wow. What’s funny is how much happier the idiots are that we lost, it’s unbelievable, or is it?
I don’t think there’s 1 poster on here that’s happy that they lost..... your the idiot for suggesting that. I personally think KO is a terrible coach.... but I wish he could turn this around which is our best course to get out of this mess but he can’t and he won’t which is the opposite of saying that I’m happy or anyone else is happy that they’re losing. As long as he’s the coach they will continue to be bad and continue to lose, he needs to go .

Reaction Score
I don’t think there’s 1 poster on here that’s happy that they lost..... your the idiot for suggesting that. I personally think KO is a terrible coach.... but I wish he could turn this around which is our best course to get out of this mess but he can’t and he won’t which is the opposite of saying that I’m happy or anyone else is happy that they’re losing. As long as he’s the coach they will continue to be bad and continue to lose, he needs to go .

Yeah I’m idiotic lol guess again there’s people basking in their glory and your blind. Proving KO to be awful is an agenda for some you don’t read much.

Hey niki, check out uconnphil he even admitted it - so who's the idiot? ;)

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Or how about Craig Austrie, whose father used to drive to Storrs from Stamford to help him take practice shots at night. I'm beginning to think that Craig's father put in far more extra time work than some of the players on this UCONN team.

Reaction Score
Call me crazy but Jalen has more god given talent than Bazz, Boat, and possibly Kemba. Not saying he’s a better player than any of those guys but even in a completely disfuntional offense with very limited other threats,getting double teamed all night he’s probably going to finish this year 20/5/5. The game is just so easy for him. Get him a shooting coach and a personal trainer and he’s a decent NBA player.

Why does he need any of those Dream? He should be doing all he needs to do alone to become a better shooter, to become more defined in his body with muscle added. It's called summer and working for being what you want to be. Look at the facilities the university offers him and all the others. He was good tonight but really the first time since last year and much of that is on him. He got and gets open looks despite everyone thinking the team doesn't allow him to get open he gets plenty and doesn't make a high %. Kemba and Shabazz didn't take much time off I promise and actually put a lot of extra time in. This isn't that same guy. Bad time to discuss this because he was very good last night but it's the truth. Until he makes those open 12-15 pull up jumpers he's a G League/Euro guy who thinks otherwise.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Dare I say play him off ball to get him decent looks or mismatches inside the arc?

I remember Calhoun would NEVER play Kemba off-ball and that season turned out horrific. Why would you ever take your best player and make him run off screens?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Dare I say play him off ball to get him decent looks or mismatches inside the arc?

I remember Calhoun would NEVER play Kemba off-ball and that season turned out horrific. Why would you ever take your best player and make him run off screens?
With a healthy Gilbert that was the plan. Without him we don’t have a better option at point.

Reaction Score

Sorry but he creates plenty of good looks for himself he's not a good shooter. We saw who he was last night, very creative and can make some shots but can miss wide one 3's as well as pull up 14 footers. He's really good getting to spots he wants to but he needs to work hard on his shooting and his body to get stronger.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom